Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World


    Mushroom Hunt

    Share
    avatar
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2014-10-07

    Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Genevriel on 06/03/16, 05:50 pm

    Genevriel thought Dorien might be interested in Argent's plans, so on her first break, she made a phone call. She waited patiently for Dorien to answer, counting the ring tones.
    avatar
    tuck
    God
    God

    Posts : 2185
    Join date : 2010-03-05
    Location : Elsewhere, elsewhen...

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by tuck on 07/03/16, 02:40 am

    After a few rings, the line clicked open and Dorien's voice answered.

    "Hello?"
    avatar
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2014-10-07

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Genevriel on 07/03/16, 09:21 am

    Gen's voice sounded a bit rushed; she was just on a break at work. "Hi Dorien, it's Gen. Listen, Argent is trying to round up a group of people to venture into the sewers and kidnap the fungus faerie queen... I can't believe I just said that aloud and meant it. Anyway, it will probably happen in the next day or so. Mlle. Romilly, Mlle. Zola, and M. Silveira seem to be game. Argent was going to try to round up a few more, including the Murodeas and Mlle. Scales.

    "It sounds quite madcap, but with your interest in and experiments on fungal control, I thought you might perhaps be interested? I figure I'll go along in case people need healing, and also to make sure they don't harm the queen. She's apparently possessed by something repulsive-sounding - the Cyst?"
    avatar
    tuck
    God
    God

    Posts : 2185
    Join date : 2010-03-05
    Location : Elsewhere, elsewhen...

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by tuck on 08/03/16, 07:00 am

    There was a long pause on the other end of the line.

    "That is... without a doubt... the strangest thing anyone has ever said to me."

    After another short pause he continued.

    "Okay. A few questions if I may. One, when is this adventure going to take place? Two, what do we hope to accomplish with it? Three, How do we know about this? And most importantly, four, do we have any idea what we're going into?"
    avatar
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2014-10-07

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Genevriel on 08/03/16, 02:42 pm

    "Like I said, it's happening tomorrow evening or the evening of the next day, pretty much. Mlle. Romilly was looking into replacement entertainment for the Cabaret. Argent's tactics seem sound: the idea is to strike while the confusion in the Shade keeps the lesser fungus faeries distracted. One hopes.

    "They want to kidnap Amanita because she is, according to the other fae courts, possessed by one of these outer plane Cyst creatures, who are apparently related to fey, elves, and Shadar-kai alike. However they are incorporeal and require a host on this plane. The Cyst is what's encouraging her to grow the Blight fungus everywhere. And fungus being everywhere is why the ice fae are keeping us locked in a prolonged winter. It's the only way they can slow the spread of the fungus.

    "With Amanita in captivity Argent hopes to expel the Cyst entity with help from some knight related to the Reverend Mother of Owl, I think, thus returning Amanita to her senses.

    "We know about this because Argent, Mlle. Zola, Mlle. Romilly and M. Silveira have been looking into it. They've actually spoken to the leaders of the other faerie courts, who want to stop the Blight from spreading. I'd recommend speaking with them if you have any other questions, which, if you're sane, I'm sure you do. I'm just the messenger.

    "We're going into sewers likely infested with rats, evil fungus fae, undead and who knows what else. That's why Argent wants more than a handful of us... I thought your bombs might come in handy.

    "Mlle. Romilly was going to prepare some magic circles to help contain Amanita if we succeed..."

    Gen relayed everything else she could remember from the early evening meeting, then finally paused long enough for Dorien to get a word in edgewise.

    (OOC: check the game 31 log for details I probably missed. ^-^ )
    avatar
    tuck
    God
    God

    Posts : 2185
    Join date : 2010-03-05
    Location : Elsewhere, elsewhen...

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by tuck on 14/03/16, 05:02 am

    "Well, that... certainly sounds like a party. I guess if you and Bri are in, then I'm willing. Especially if it gets rid of this stupid cold. My only concern is... are we really the best equipped to handle this? I mean I probably trust the government less than most people, but this feels a bit over our heads. Are we going to be able to handle this by ourselves?"
    avatar
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2014-10-07

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Genevriel on 14/03/16, 06:09 pm

    "I feel as confident about this as I ever did when sent on a mission into enemy territory. Will there be risks? Of course there will. But as with the war and the events leading up to it, the government has done nothing useful, and is probably making things worse with whatever they are doing in the Shade right now. It's less a matter of equipment and more a matter of mind. I feel that this is the right thing to do, for me, anyway."
    avatar
    tuck
    God
    God

    Posts : 2185
    Join date : 2010-03-05
    Location : Elsewhere, elsewhen...

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by tuck on 15/03/16, 02:03 am

    "Well then I sure as hell can't let you guys have all the fun. If there's a chance we can get this all resolved and get things back to normal then I'll be there. "
    avatar
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2014-10-07

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Genevriel on 15/03/16, 09:34 pm

    "I'll be glad to have you along. I'd better get back to work now, though."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mushroom Hunt

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 24/09/17, 03:30 am