Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Family Matters

Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Family Matters

Post by Curtana on 13/11/14, 05:20 pm

"It's just a phase," Mikel quoted bitterly. "You'll change your mind. You hardly know him."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/11/14, 05:28 pm

Denise made a face, and then sighed. "I ain't agreein' with dad here okay? But like - it is kinda a surprise? Last thing I knew you were still all on about Jainie Visell, and now you're like.... takin' about tryin' ta move in with this guy? I mean - he seems nice an' all, an I want you to be happy, but like... What?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 13/11/14, 08:06 pm

Mikel made a face in return. "I really like him, okay? An' I wouldn't be talkin' about movin' in with him if it wasn't for everything else that's goin' on... with da, and his sister needin' a new place, and all."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/11/14, 11:33 pm

"Oh yeah - Ander says that a place for her to try would be the - uh the Rutting Boar? In Pearl? He said it was a safe place. That's just, like, advice though." Denise shrugged.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/11/14, 04:58 pm

"Okay, I'll let him know, so he can tell her to check it out," Mikel said. He sighed, lowering his voice slightly. "Sometimes it just feels like I'm never gonna get out of here. I love mam an' I wouldn't wanna put all that work on Yvia and da, but... when do I get to have my own life?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/11/14, 05:13 pm

Denise fidgeted with what was certainly not any kind of nervous guilt, trying to think of something helpful to say. "I dunno Mickey. I though maybe when I left it's be easier - not just 'cause a fightin' with da and all but, like, one less mouth an' all that. 'Cause, you kow... I;m kinda useless here anyway." Denise paused for another guilty glance at her brother - she did feel bad that's she'd never really been around as much to help out with taking care of their mother, and that Mikel really hadn't had a choice but to pick up the slack. But she just couldn't face it long term, and it seemed like there were better ways she could help. "Maybe if you did move out or... somethin'... there'd be a little more money 'n da could pay someone to help with mam? What do you even wanna do?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/11/14, 05:15 pm

"I wanna be a Channel," he said promptly. "You'd think da would understand that - it's about helping folk in the neighbourhood, other Rats, an' okay, maybe it's never gonna make me rich, but people do pay us back when they can. Like with food, or a favour, or whatever they can offer." He sighed. "Maybe it'd be one less mouth to feed if I did go, but whoever da could hire, they wouldn't be here for mam like I am. Maybe someone who'd come in for an hour or two, but then leave, you know? An' I don't wanna leave her alone all day when Yvie's at school and da's at work..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/11/14, 09:58 pm

"That's a lotta stuff all goin' on to figure out Mickey - with takin' care a mam, and wantin' a life for yourself, and Channeling, an' all." She gave him a sympathetic glance, but she didn't have any good answers. "What's mam say? Did she meet Romain yet?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/11/14, 10:42 pm

"Yeah, for a little - he came over one day for lunch, so she got to meet him then. But he doesn't come around here too much, usually we meet somewhere else..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/11/14, 10:50 pm

Denise nodded, considering her next suggestion.  "You should bring him for da to meet.  Not like - don't surprise him or nothin', and maybe not like.... for diner, at first?  But just so he can see it ain't no phase.  If Uncle Thierry already got him tryin' - or at least pretendin' - ta be nice about it, there prolly ain't no better time?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/11/14, 11:22 pm

Mikel considered for a moment. "Maybe you're right," he said slowly. "And if it was at a time when Yvie would be home too, maybe da would be on polite behaviour - he never likes to yell or anything in front of her."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/11/14, 11:36 pm

Denise smiled. "There, see? An', it's like - if Da were, well, bein' da, and sayin how you gotta be able ta take care'a your family an all - it ain't like he's thinking you're always gonna be here, and you ain't never gonna have a life of your own, ya know? It ain't that he don't want that for ya, it just ain't what he were expectin', is all." She shrugged. "It'll be okay, Mickey."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/11/14, 11:42 pm

Mikel wasn't always big on hugging, at least not with his older sister, but he reached over to give Denise a quick squeeze on the arm anyway. "I hope you're right, sis."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:44 am