Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

You know everything, right boss?

elanya
    God
    God

You know everything, right boss?

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 12:35 pm

Denise was coming back to the table with a fresh round of drinks, and saw Ralph slip off as she approached, leaving her and Ander alone for the moment. It seemed as good a time as any to bring up what was on her mind, since the boss wasn't busy with other stuff.

"Hey boss," she said, setting down the drinks and passing his over. "Can I ask you somethin'?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Re: You know everything, right boss?

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 12:36 pm

Ander accepted his drink with a smile. "Sure, sweetheart, what's on your mind?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 12:46 pm

Denise sat down, taking a sip of her beer. "I was just wonderin', do you know of any place that might be lookin' to hire new girls? Like - workin' girls."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 12:50 pm

With a cough and a splutter as he tried not to choke on his drink, Ander turned to face Denise. "Look, hon, you got a good deal going here, right? You don't wanna get into whorin' to make coin..." He trailed off, realizing he was assuming rather a lot.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 12:53 pm

Denise blushed bright red and her eyes went wide. "Oh no! It's ain't for me! Jus like.... friend of a friend - I mean... My brother's....friend's.... sister, that's all!"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 12:59 pm

Ander still looked a bit dubious, but nodded. "Sure, for a friend of a friend's sister..." He sighed. "What kinda place is the friend of a friend's sister lookin' for?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 01:02 pm

"I dunno - just someplace better 'n she's at now? I guess that the... Aww, I forget - Twin Vixens maybe? Somethin' Vixens, for sure. Over in Pearl. Guy who runs the place ain't so great, 's what I heard."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 01:06 pm

"Ah, yeah, that place... I heard a few stories about it, I can see why she'd wanna get out of there." He paused, as if considering. "She one of us, the girl?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 01:08 pm

Denise shook her head. "Nah, I asked. I mean - I'm not asking to *do* nothin', just like, if maybe you know something anyway, ya know?" She took another sip of her beer, looking slightly hopeful.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 01:12 pm

Ander nodded. "Yeah... I can't pull a lotta strings on account of not knowin' the girl, nor her havin' any family or whatnot who might know someone who knows someone. But you tell her - the Rutting Boar in Pearl, that's a safe place for girls in her situation. Least, safe as can be in her line o' work."

He paused, considering a bit longer. "Other option, dependin' on the girl, is gettin' into some other line o' work. Would she consider that?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 01:19 pm

"Um." Denise hadn't actually met her, of course. Romain had probably mentioned her name, at least, but darned if she could remember... "Maybe? I dunno."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 03/11/14, 01:21 pm

Ander sighed, taking another drink. "Well... I dunno if the Boar has room, but tell her to try there first, at least. If that don't work, there's other places at least better'n the Vixens."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 03/11/14, 01:27 pm

Denise grinned. "Okay, thanks boss!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/11/17, 02:36 am