Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Request for Myrtale

Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

Request for Myrtale

Post by Genevriel on 07/10/14, 09:48 pm

Genevriel woke the morning after the disaster at the cabaret, feeling more than usually awful because of the abnormally late night waiting, with all the other staff, to be interviewed by city guards. She'd run out of gin long before she'd been allowed to go home. On top of the events of the previous night, she had not slept well.

She took a few swigs from the bottle on her bedside table, eventually swinging her long legs out of her cot. She paused, wincing as her head vehemently objected to finding itself so precipitously rearranged into an upright, seated position. Her room was small enough that she could easily pull aside the once-colourful chintz curtain without moving an inch from her cot. Blinking blearily at the bright sunlight streaming in through the window, she gauged the time to be early afternoon. She had several hours to kill before reporting to work.

Except that she'd been told not to bother reporting to work today, because it would take a week to clean up the cabaret.

What would she do for a week? How would she manage for the rest of the month, if she missed a week's pay? She wouldn't be able to do it. She had no savings.

There was nothing for it. She'd have to go to the cabaret. Surely they'd need someone to help clean up the mess? It might as well be her.

After morning ablutions with a stub of soap and a bowl of cold water, Gen was gratified to discover that the other tenants had not eaten all her food, for once. She made a quick meal of a dried-up biscuit with a scraping of jam and a chunk of hard cheese with the mold cut off. She chased it down with a few more swigs from the bottle, then topped up her flask.

Chances were good that Myrtale would be at the cabaret, even this early in the day, just tending to the aftermath of the disaster. Gen made her way posthaste.

Gen's instinct had been correct, and, after waiting for an opportune moment, she approached Myrtale, cap figuratively in hand. "Excuse me, Mme. Harthain... I know you don't need my services as busser until the cabaret is ready to re-open, but I was hoping that I might be able to assist with the clean-up, perhaps? I'm strong, and quick."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Request for Myrtale

Post by Curtana on 13/10/14, 10:31 pm

Myrtale gave her an appraising sort of look, and nodded. "We could certainly use the help. It'll mainly be cleaning and some heavy lifting, if you're up for that."
    Genevriel
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Genevriel on 14/10/14, 08:39 pm

"Thank you. Absolutely. When can I begin?"

(OOC: don't worry about answering; I don't expect it.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/11/17, 12:44 pm