Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Catching up with the pak

elanya
    God
    God

Catching up with the pak

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 09:40 am

techincally it was the middle of the night where they'd arrived, but it had been pretty early still where she'd come from, and she was still a bit keyed up after the fomorian fight. Tzesira kicked back on one of the benches, looking around the place form her new perch.

"Nice place you got here."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Catching up with the pak

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 10:06 am

"It's better than a lot of places we've slept," Nattumung said, placing a log on the central fire pit.

"Yeah, especially after 'Walna shaped us the chimney," Hragga added as she settled down near the fire. She gestured to the fire pit, which appared to have once been a large column. Now it formed a recessed bowl and answering formation a few feet up, with a small tunnel leading up from the center.

Hrugga brought over rations, divvying up some tough biscuits, smoked sausages, and wrapped cheese.

"So," she said around a mouthful of biscuit, "you guys fought a giant?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/03/13, 11:43 am

"Hell yeah, we did!" Kallista exclaimed from her seat near the fire. "A spellcasting one, too. Also a bunch of giant skeletons and some other smaller dudes. And that's not even counting all the phantoms and illusionary foxes that we fought back in Moro."

She took her share of the rations eagerly and bit into a tough, but surprisingly delicious sausage.

"That Frominarian was the toughest, though. If she hadn't surrendered, it would have been a really tough fight."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 12:15 pm

Nattumung raised a shaggy eyebrow at that.

"She surrendered to you?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 12:25 pm

Tzesira scowled. "Fuckin' bitch fucking' surrendered to Fucking Feyrmalkin! That fight was just getting good!" She glared at the general direction of where the Cat had disappeared into the darkness of the cave. "What the fuck is up with that? And what's the fucking Gloaming Court?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 12:36 pm

"Its the court of the shadow fae," Hewalna answered, stepping through the circle of people to take a spot on the far side of the circle of benches around the fire from the entrance. "Many of our people belonged to it in the legends, before we came to Arth from Faerie."

She gave a considering look.

"Why do you ask?"

Last edited by Josh on 07/03/13, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 12:47 pm

She scowled again - really it was just an intensification of her previous expression. "Something the fox lady said about him. Fuckin' fomorian was all right... fuck, I dunno, and the quicklings were all fuckin' scared of him too." She glared into the darkness again. "Where did that little fucker go, anyway? Big fuckin' coincidence that we had't seen him back yet, and he shows up when they're around." She paused in her rant and then eyes Hewalna again. "Were the fomorians part of the Shadow fae court? I forget that part."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 01:02 pm

"Some, yes," Hewalna replied. "More belonged to the Dark Court, those who ruled the deepest caverns of Faerie. Nearly all unseelie, they were the ones who challenged the elduar for supremacy over Faerie, ages ago."

As Hewalna spoke, the shadows thrown by the fire's light made strange shapes, misshapen giants and darting figures dancing on the wall.

"'Walna, you're doing it again," Hragga commented.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/03/13, 01:09 pm

Kallista watched the dancing shadows with rapt awe.

"Ooooh, no, don't make her stop. That was neat! How are you even doing that anyway? Some kind of spell?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 01:23 pm

"Oh, heh, I guess," Hewalna replied. "Any shaman can do it. You attune to the spirits, and they to you, so they tend to respond to your thoughts and moods. Besides, I was talking about the old legends, so I guess its just habit to, ah, illustrate."

"Settle a bet for us, Hewalna," Melgrunum offered from beyond the circle around the fire, where he was laying down on his bedroll. "Does it do that when you're talking dirty, too? I mean, I guess we could just ask Sel..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 01:31 pm

"Shit - *You're* banging Sel? Well, fuck, that explains everything." Tzesira shrugged.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/03/13, 01:38 pm

"Wait, what does that explain exactly?" Alia asked, wandering back from the cave's entrance. "Massing elementals and demons and god-killing giants no one's seen in generations - all because Hewalna and Sel are fucking?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 01:41 pm

Nattumung, Hrugga and Hragga exchanged awkward glances as Hewalna slunk lower on her bench.

"What does my love life have to do our situation?" Selgrumel asked as she followed Alia from the mouth of the cavern. Dhenirigan, who had been right behind them, stopped, blinked, and turned back towards the cave's entrance.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 01:48 pm

"Fuck, nothing to do with the giants and shit - just if *she's* your type, no wonder I couldn't get you in the sac." She grinned over at Hewalna. "But damn, I bet it's awesome. I'd watch that picture show."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/03/13, 01:50 pm

Kallista raised her hand, looking to get a word in edgewise. She looked up at Selgrummel with her head cocked slightly.

"So does that mean our theoretical future date is off?"

Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 01:52 pm

Hewalna raised her head from where she was hiding her face behind her arms, raising an eyebrow at the warlord.

For her part, Selgrumel shot Kallista a quizzical stare.

"Date?" they said, in near unison.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/03/13, 01:57 pm

Kallista smiled genuinely.

"Yeah, remember? Like way back when we lost that level match against you guys and I was all depressed and you came and cheered me up and said we should go drinking and get into trouble and I said I couldn't right then but I'd take a raincheck? Is that not still standing? I mean... by trouble you DID mean sex, right?"

Kallista's smile faltered a little.

"You totally didn't, did you. Oh. Ummm... my bad."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 01:58 pm

"Wait, now you guys are going on a date with Kay? man..." She eyed Melgrunum. "You don't do girls, right?" Then the sisters. "What about you? I am seriously fucking keyed up. Man, that fight was good."

Last edited by elanya on 07/03/13, 03:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/03/13, 02:25 pm

Selgrumel paused, thinking back, before a look of dawning realization crossed her face.

"Kallista, I, uh, I meant trouble like a nice therapeutic barfight," Selgrumel explained. "I'm sorry if you took that differently. I, ah, I don't swing that way."

"I don't do boys, either, hot stuff. I do men," Melgrunum remarked, making a show of looking Tzesira up and down. "Look me up if you ever find a girdle of masculinity." He gave a short, sharp laugh before settling back down.

The bugbear sisters exchanged another awkward glance, Hrugga concerned, Hragga curious. Nattumung shook his head at both of them, attempting to be discreet.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/03/13, 03:38 pm

Kallista's face was turning bright red.

"Oh, no! I mean, It's not your fault! I'm so sorry... I guess I went a little overboard with uh... expectations there. I didn't realize... you know what, I'll just shut up now. It usually tends to be better that way."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/03/13, 03:55 pm

"Well, fuck - of no one is getting laid, then - at least for now," she added with a grin at Kallista and a smirk towards Hewalna and Sel, "I wanna hear more about the Gloaming court."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 08/03/13, 12:09 am

"What exactly were you wanting to know?" Hewalna answered, still looking a bit flustered. Selgrumel settled down near her, frowning at Tzesira.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/03/13, 12:16 am

"I don't know..." She glared in Feyrmalkin's general direction again. "Are they another one of these groups that no one has fuckin' heard of in fucking forever that are all turning up again now?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 08/03/13, 12:24 am

"Oh, no, they're big in Aethrennar," Hewalna replied, more comfortable now. "Well, as big as any of the courts are on Arth. A bit less, actually. But present. They're a...power network? An organization, a philosophy, a kind of loosely aligned group of vaguely like-minded people. They're definitely among the less-organized of the courts."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/03/13, 12:28 am

"Are they all like-minded like Feyrmalkin? I mean - are they all complete dicks or is it just him?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 05:52 pm