Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

A walk in the gardens

Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: A walk in the gardens

Post by Josh on 21/02/13, 12:53 am

"That's probably going to require a significant investment on your part," Ardith replied, leaving unsaid what it would mean for any partner of Vedran as well. "Even if you clear it out, doing what you want...it'd probably requiring living there, at least for a while."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/02/13, 01:03 am

"Maybe," he agreed. "I know it wouldn't be just up to me to decide what all is feasible. There would, I'm sure, still be a lot to be done here as well in terms of coordinating, and mediating... So much is up in the air right now, in terms of the restoration itself, as well as personally, that the future is hard to plan for..."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/02/13, 01:56 am

"Well then, maybe we should focus on right now," Ardith said, she hoped helpfully. "I was happy to get your invitation."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/02/13, 08:33 am

"The present is quite pleasant," he agreed with another smile. "I'm glad you accepted, thank you. I'm also glad we have a little time to talk alone - and that you weren't scared off by dinner."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/02/13, 10:55 am

"Well, I'll admit your father is...imposing, but I've dealt with him some before. Lady Minalda is a whole different kind of distressing. I get the impression she's not your biggest fan."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/02/13, 11:16 am

Vedran smirke. ""And here I thought she was being quite charming." He'd been dealing with his father's wife all of his life, and while she rarely made life easy, at least he generally knew what to expect. She'd been polite to Ardith, other than the occasional implication that she could do better, or that at least whoever she happened to marry should have sufficient respect for her family and position to take her name. The things Minalda had said to Vedran personally on the matter had been much less subtle. "I do understand her resentment, really, but she makes it hard to be sympathetic. I tell myself every family has their own problems - unless you're going to tell me the Aethelin all get along perfectly?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/02/13, 12:14 pm

Ardith laughed.

"Ask Aleyn what I was telling him about my Uncle Wimund and my cousin Rowena. Trust me, we've got our own set of issues, too. I think its inevitable, given the system. Don't you think?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/02/13, 01:14 pm

"The system certainly doesn't help," he agreed shrugging and trying not to think too hard about his experiences with the system to date. "But I think it's true regardless. You should ask Aleyn about his family sometime," he said with a small smile. "He'd never met any of his mother's family until we were just back in Ahkas, oh.. a month ago now?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/02/13, 01:21 pm

"Wow, I hadn't realized. Did you get a chance to meet them too?"

She considered the thought for a moment.

"Come to think of it, you've met his family here, right?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/02/13, 01:59 pm

"I met one of his aunts briefly over there, and I think I've met most of the ones here now. There may be a stray sibling or two - its a big family. I like them, though, and I think they like me? I'm not sure how much he's talked to them about what's going on now, though." He remembered Nasira telling him what she wanted for Aleyn, and wondered what she would think about the proposition currently under consideration.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 12:22 am

"I can't imagine its an easy subject to bring up," Ardith replied. "I've been cagey with my family on how things are progressing as we figure things out. That said, and initial strangeness aside, I'm happy with how things are going so far."

She favored Vedran with a contented smile.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 12:40 am

"That's great," he said, feeling hugely relieved. "I mean - I am too, really, I've just been afraid of saying or doing something that will make you run screaming for the hills." He smiled, laughing a bit nervously. "I suppose there's still time for that, but I like you quite a lot, so I hope not."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 11:33 am

"Well, likewise" Ardith replied with a smile. "And if I didn't run screaming already, I doubt its likely I will."

Ardith paused, looking unsure.

"Can I ask you a strange and admittedly forward question?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 12:36 pm

"Of course," He smiled, trying to be reassuring despite his own nerves. "You can ask me anything, I just can't make any promises as to my ability to answer."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 12:46 pm

"Considering everything, and trying to be honest about our situation, I was curious..." Ardith paused, still looking a bit unsure.

"You do like women, right? I know things didn't work out well with your wife, and with Aleyn and all...you've been lovely and polite, but it seemed like something maybe I should just ask to put my mind at ease."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 01:22 pm

It seemed like a silly question at first - he knew his old reputation still lingered, and he started to smile and reassure her, but stopped, considering. It wasn't silly at all, really, considering what all she'd be told so far... "I do still like women," he said firmly. "I like you, in particular - you are a beautiful woman, but of course there's more to it than that." He knew he was blushing already, and with them standing so close, arms linked, she would surely know how nervous he was. "It feels like... I could trust you, and that's...Important. I don't always feel like I can trust myself, and things are still...difficult for me, even with Aleyn, sometimes. I don't know how things will -might- go with us, but if I have...trouble, it isn't because of you."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 01:53 pm

Ardith's expression grew concerned as Vedran spoke. What did he mean, he didn't trust himself? She wanted to ask, but it seemed too soon yet, so she let is slip by.

"Well, Vedran, take your time. I like you too, and I'm interested in where this is going, but I'm perfectly happy waiting to get there."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 02:09 pm

He smiled, nodding, a little relieved to have said something. "Thank you, I appreciate that. But, then, what do you imagine a reasonable time frame would be for things to progress, formally, considering everything else that's going on?" He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that, but I suppose it is something to think about."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 02:13 pm

"Well, I think, with everything being the way it is, the way this advances formally and the way it advances...privately are two different things," Ardith replied. "Formally, it might be fairly quick, especially depending on how other preparations go. For us...we can take whatever pace we like."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 02:30 pm

And hearing *that* was a real relief,and he exhaled slowly, relaxing some. "Alright." he turned to her with a smile, offering her his hands. "Would you care to move things along more formally then?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 02:43 pm

Ardith gave Vedran a look of affectionate bemusement; this was adorable.

"When you put it that way..." she said, affecting a tone of hurt consideration. She let the moment set for a second before continuing with a smile.

"Vedran Callais, will you marry me?" She paused a moment, adding with a smile, "And also Aleyn."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 22/02/13, 02:54 pm

"Y-yes," he stammered, blushing furiously, overcome with nerves again, this time tinged with embarrassment. "I'd like that - I think he'd like that too." He took a deep breath, smiling and squeezing her hands. "On a less formal note then, may I kiss you?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 22/02/13, 02:59 pm

"Finally," Ardith said with mock exasperation, leaning in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/07/17, 05:43 am