Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Batchelor Number 1?

Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Batchelor Number 1?

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 01:36 am

"But you're confident that the first part of your plan is possible, that Nachtur can be cleansed? And soon, it seems, if your recent work is idicative."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 10:40 am

"Yes, we know it can be done, but it isn't going to be easy. At least we do have a lot of people who are willing to involve themselves in the actual fight, and we should be ready for that once the Thunderbolts return, hopefully in a month or two." Agyness, he hoped, was going to be ready soon to set up their base camp outside of Nachtur, to give them a staging ground and do some recon to check on the status of the other stones. "We've been doing what we can to lay the groundwork for the political battles that will follow."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 06:30 pm

"Well, if you don't mind the help, I have contacts that I believe could be quite advantageous."

Derenn took a slow sip of tea before continuing.

"As much as I am eager to hear more of this, I had the impression this wasn't precisely what garnered my invitation today. Were there more topics to discuss before I occupy your time with this one in more detail?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 06:50 pm

Vedram smiled slowly. "Help and contacts would be most appreciated, thank you. I invited you for an opportunity to get to know you better, but I did rather expect the topic would come up." He considered briefly what to add at this juncture. Derenn was older and more experienced at this kind of banter, direct but polite, and he wasn't sure he could walk that line so suavely himself. "I suppose another topic worth discussing then, would be whether you had any interest in the same - in getting to know me better as well." As soon as he said it, he wondered if it might come off as more forward than he'd intended, and subsequently tried to cover any ensuing blushing by taking a sip of his own tea.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 07:06 pm

Derenn gave an indulgent smile. Vedran was adorable, but his relative youth made Derenn feel...awkward about the situation. His House, however, seemed to be encouraging the possible match, so it behooved him to play along.

"I'd be delighted to do so. I must say, I am even more predisposed towards the idea after hearing your current project. Its an unusual and ambitious project."

Derenn caught himself before adding "for a young man."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 08:25 pm

"It is, but I hope it will be to the benefit of all Nerath. But maybe we should talk about something a little lighter... Are you finding the Season interesting this year?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 08:44 pm

"Interesting as ever," Derenn said with a smirk. "I'd love to say I don't take interest in the scandals, but I'm not that good a person, apparently. The events themselves grow more excessive every year, yet somehow always seem less important."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 09:00 pm

"I suppose they have their purposes... But have you heard anything good then? I haven't had the time to pay too much attention - and you never know what your own name might get tossed about for."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 09:20 pm

"Well, you know how glamorous adventurers are considered, firsthand even. I'd be upset if I wasn't mentioned, were I you."

Derenn took another sip of tea to give Vedran a moment to think on that comment.

"But we nobles are a self-centered lot, and your dealings are mostly outside our circles as I recall. There's always...juicier information to be had. Did you hear about Lord Steddart?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 09:31 pm

Vedran gave a little shrug and smirked. He didn't mind being talked about per sey, he just didn't want to be considered too juicy... Though he'd prefer a chance to say something about Aleyn earlier rather than later, he might need to decide first if it was worth taking things that far. "No," he said, leaning comfortably back in his chair some to take a sip of his tea. "What has he been up to, then?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 09:59 pm

"Well, he may be a primarch of Erathis, but word is he should look to take a whole other set of holy orders. He's been at several, ah, less savory Sehanine celebrations in the past few months, each which has produced ever more salacious stories. I'm sure plenty of them are conjecture, but they are amusing. I think the one about the ambassador from Sutekane is my favorite."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 10:09 pm

Vedran chuckled. "I actually met the ambassador, briefly, when I was in Aethrennar for the Festival.. Considering his reputation there, I can imagine it would be *most* amusing, yes."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 10:25 pm

"Ah, see, you do keep interesting company."

Last edited by Josh on 09/02/13, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 10:35 pm

"Well, I hope no one is saying I don't! That was quite the evening anyway. I'm afraid I didn't make a great impression with the ambassador, though."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 10:37 pm

"Oh?" Derenn asked simply, raising an eyebrow.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 10:45 pm

Vedran smiled ruefully and sighed. "It wasn't my fault. One of my teammates asked if they could ride him - that sort of thing is hard to smooth over."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 10:49 pm

"Well, it sounds as if, under the right circumstances, he gladly would have taken your companion up on the offer."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 10:51 pm

Vedran smirked. "Maybe if it had been Kallista, things may have gone a little differently, yes."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 11:02 pm

"Ah, yes, the lovely Ms. Sinsinger. I'm sure I don't have to tell you she's the subject of many a rumor herself, particularly with her relationship with your friend Master Aelindar. He's had a...colorful past. I hope it doesn't hurt him in the upcoming elections."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 11:05 pm

Vedran grinned at that. "Everything Brenn does is a little colourful - but if anyone knows how to spin that to their advantage, it is certainly him. If nothing else I'm sure he'd say it only lends credence to how well he can claim to know his constituents."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 11:09 pm

That elicited a genuine laugh from Derenn.

"Well, I'm certain any serious campaigner knows how important it is to poll the populace," he replied with a grin.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 11:19 pm

Vedran's own smirk deepened. "He's always been a people person. I'm sure he'll do fine."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 11:22 pm

"I should hope so. I've donated a fair bit to his campaign, and he seems likely to at least attempt to deliver on his ideology. To be honest, especially now, I'm surprised you haven't aimed for office."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/02/13, 11:43 pm

Vedran shrugged, but it wasn't the first time he'd heard it expressed and it was sure not to be the last. "There hasn't really been time for it, I suppose - too many other things to take care of. Maybe once I find myself in more of a stable situation I'll be able to give it more consideration."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/02/13, 11:48 pm

Derenn smirked again.

"Well now, what sort of stability are we talking about here?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/09/17, 07:11 pm