Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Take your victories where you can

elanya
    God
    God

Take your victories where you can

Post by elanya on 07/01/13, 02:20 pm

There weren't many pubs near the Dojo, and the one they'd found was pretty quiet in the late afternoon. Vedran sprung for access to the back room and the first round of drinks for whoever'd show up in the aftermath, and poured out some glasses of sparkling wine.

"I know we still have a lot to do - but I think we deserve a bit of a break from that for a few hours, hmm? So here's a toast to what we've just managed to accomplish and the hopes that it bodes well for the future."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Take your victories where you can

Post by Josh on 07/01/13, 02:35 pm

Selgrumel looked grim as she took a seat, her mind still contemplating all that needed to be done. Underneath that worry, though, was hope. A reclaimed homeland at last. She couldn't truthfully say it was more than she'd dreamed, but certainly more than she'd thought possible.

"Far gobba nir Nachtur!*" she offered, taking a glass.

* - (roughly) "To the struggle for Nachtur"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/01/13, 02:37 pm

Kallista grabbed a glass and raised it to Sel's toast before taking a long drink and setting it down again.

"Yeah. Let's just hope we can keep these people working together. We have some very different personalities on board here. It's gonna be like herding displacer beasts to keep them on task."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/01/13, 03:20 pm

Tzesira lauged, then made a face at the bubbly drink as she downed it.

"Yeah - they just need to learn the words of the day: Suck it up, Bitches!"

Vedran smirked and shook his head. "Well... I don't know about that, but I will say that anyone who deals much in politics is used to managing diverse personalities. As long as we can keep them working on similar agendas, that's what's important."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/01/13, 04:17 pm

"Well, I don't know anything about politics," Aleyn said, smiling at Vedran, "but I know that you did a ton of work just to get all those people in the same room. I just hope it'll all be worth it."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/01/13, 04:22 pm

"It will." Kallista said with a reassuring smile, "If we can actually pull this off, it'll be... I don't even know. One of the biggest things that's happened to Nerath in... centuries. It could change everything."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/01/13, 05:54 pm

Vedran lifted his glass to Aleyn with a warm smiled, then took in the others in the room. "Really we all did a lot of work, and I'm hoping we'll see some changes for the better no matter what happens next."

"Oh what the fuck ever, blah blah blah." Tzesira rolled her eyes, then grinned wickedly. "We're fucking balls awesome - now is the time for drinking, and later - a fucking asskickin' fight. It's gonna be the fuckin' best!"

Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/01/13, 10:23 pm

"Hmm-hmm, yes, succinctly put, Tzesira," Dhenirigan commented, smiling.

"Fuckin' 'A' right, its going to be awesome," Hragga added cheerfully. "This is like...like something out of the wars between the cities, or, fuck that, the old imperial wars. Demons and rituals and high magic and shit. And us, right there, on the ground, holdin' 'em back. Just like the stories."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/01/13, 11:46 pm

"Hopefully one of the stories where the brave heroes emerge victorious, and not one of the ... less good kinds," Aleyn said under his breath, not wanting to cast a pall over everyone's excitement. He took a deep drink, trying to push his worries aside and just enjoy the few moments of relaxation.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/01/13, 09:53 am

"Hey, c'mon..." Kallista said, putting one arm around the human, "We're the Thunderbolts. We've never lost to anyone!"

She considered for a moment.

"Well... except to you guys." She said to Hragga with a sheepish grin, "But you're on our side on this one. Oh... and I guess we lost to the pirates. But then Hanrak showed up and helped us kick their asses, and he's with us too."

She frowned slightly.

"Oh, and I guess to Amalgam also. But we got Roscoe back, so that doesn't really count.

She lifted her glass to take another drink with a smile.

"So no worries!"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 08/01/13, 04:11 pm

Agyness gave Kallista a strange look as she passed behind the tiefling, shrugged, and took a seat.

"Well, there're battles to be fought before the battle can be fought, so let's not get ahead of ourselves," Nattumung commented. "Right now, a few pints..."

"Or quarts, or gallons..." Hrugga added, interrupting.

"...seems like a solid way to spend our evening," the cleric finished.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/01/13, 12:56 am

"Better fuckin' get on that, then!" Tzesira grinned again, grabbing a pitcher of beer to start pouring a new round.

Vedran smiled, picking up his glass to empty it, and quietly repeated Sel's toast from earlier. "Far gobba nir Nachtur."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/01/13, 10:19 pm

Aleyn echoed the toast as well, and quickly found himself with another full glass, having emptied the last one without really noticing. The meeting had been stressful, even more than he'd expected, despite the fact that he hadn't had to make any speeches himself. When Vedran had been speaking he'd felt like he might drive his nails through the palms of his hands, even though he was hearing the words they'd worked on come out so smoothly and perfectly. He had hardly slept over the past two days, but he could feel his spine starting to uncoil a little, and probably a few more drinks would take care of the rest of the tension... "Kind of weird seeing Roth again," he said, but not too loudly - it was half drowned out by the shouts and cheers of some of the others in the group as they downed their drinks.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/01/13, 11:51 pm

Kallista, sitting next to Aleyn, heard his muttered statement and put a hand on his arm.

"Are you okay with it?" she asked, as quietly as she could while still being heard over the din.

Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/01/13, 11:56 pm

"Huh? Oh, I guess. It was a lot worse going up to his door alone. But it went better than I expected, considering I was half-expecting him to tell me to piss off. In a way, it was actually strangely okay. So we talked to each other, and the world didn't end." Aleyn gave a short little laugh. "Not yet, anyway."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/01/13, 12:09 am

"If it does, I'm pretty sure it will be unrelated." Vedran smiled, making himself comfortable at the table across from Aleyn. "But what about the rest of your old party? Did he know where any of them were?"

Tzesira, meanwhile, was trying to wrangle various members of the Pak into a drinking contest.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/01/13, 06:28 pm

"Yeah, a few," Aleyn said with a shrug. "Tilma's still in Highmark, but I feel a bit awkward approaching her for a huge job like this, since she had officially retired and so on... I guess it can't hurt to ask, though. Uh... Xyra already told me to fuck off, but she might listen to Roth, I suppose - I kind of suggested he might give it a try, maybe he'll have more luck than me. And apparently Beryl knows Emmeryn, which I guess is not a total surprise, so she's getting word to him. And we have last known locations for the others, at least. I really hope we can track at least some of them down. I'd be willing to spring for Sendings, even, if we can't locate them through ordinary means."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/01/13, 08:47 pm

"Do you think they'll be willing to help?" Kallista asked, swirling her wine after the waitress came by and filled her glass again, "And can we trust them to keep things quiet?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/01/13, 12:05 am

"Willing to help... maybe, some of them? It's hard to say, I don't know what they're up to these days. But either way, I would trust them - and if I say it needs to be kept quiet, I think they'd agree to that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:36 am