Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Heritage

elanya
    God
    God

Heritage

Post by elanya on 25/11/12, 10:06 pm

After somehow managing to drag themselves out of bed early enough to make it to the market and still have some time to kill before they had to try and meet with Meva Kri, the first order of business was some Serious Ahkasic Coffee.

Passing a cup to Aleyn, Vedran took a sip of his own, letting a look of bliss pass over his face.

"Ahhh, see, now that's coffee."

He waited for Alyen to take his first sip, getting a bit more of the good stuff into his system, the waved an arm at the sea of tents and stalls before them.

"Now, where do you want to start?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Heritage

Post by Curtana on 25/11/12, 10:38 pm

Aleyn took a sip and blinked with pleased surprise. "That's exactly what I needed to wake me up," he said, smiling. "As for where we start... I guess like you said, glass shops, glass makers, especially people who might trade with them in Oshuar. It's been more than thirty years, so it's possible they're out of the business, but from what I understand it was the family trade, they'd been at it for generations, so I'd imagine at least a few of them have kept with it - the Shenarith family is pretty numerous, after all, or they used to be. Mom never talked about them a lot, but I know a few names - her father's probably dead by now, but her mother might still be alive. More likely, though, it's her brothers and sisters running things, if not their kids. She had two older brothers still alive when she left, and three sisters." He shrugged. "If it's anyone younger than me, though, I don't know their names - obviously."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 25/11/12, 11:32 pm

"Alrighty, then..." Vedran was keeping an eye out for a likely looking stall as Aleyn relayed what little he had to go on. There were a few stalls with glassware, but mostly glassware in a sea of other miscellaneous good that could have come from anywhere. It took them a bit before they found anywhere that looked like they might be a little more specialized. They took a bit of time to look things over before the shopkeeper approached them, to see if there was anything that might give them a clue as to where the wares originated.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 26/11/12, 03:11 pm

"Welcome and good morning, discerning customers," the shopkeeper began in Yeshuali Ahkasic, smiling widely. "Onatar has blessed these wares, and may Kol Korran bless these proceedings. How may I be of service?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 26/11/12, 04:01 pm

"Good Morning," Vedran smiled, picking up a particularly fine pitcher and turning it carefully in his hands. "We were actually wondering if you could tell us where you procured these lovely glasswares."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 30/11/12, 09:17 pm

The merchant moved closer, eyeing the piece Vedran held.

"Ah, yes, that piece is a fine example of Oshuari work, though we have much grander wares for the discerning buyer." He gestured to the other tables of his stalls. "Glass lanterns from Morro, the handiwork of the mysterious Nimh. Alien sculptures, the pride of Pulje. Hiskarn elemental glass, melted in the heat of their dragon lords, crafted by their greatest artisans into..."

Vedran and Aleyn could see the merchant's spiel would go on if they didn't say something.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 30/11/12, 09:36 pm

Aleyn nodded politely even as he cut off the sales pitch in mid-breath. "Well, as a discerning potential buyer, I would like to know more about this pitcher. What workshop in Oshuar made it, do you know?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 30/11/12, 09:46 pm

The merchant turned back, taking a closer look at the pitcher.

"Kettenar, Shenarith, Sarvakath, one of them. I could check my inventory logs. Are you a collector?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 30/11/12, 09:54 pm

"Let's say I'm something of a connoisseur." Aleyn smiled knowingly as he took the pitcher from Vedran, turning it over to look at it more closely, detecting a few small air bubbles in the base. "I've heard tell that Shenarith is the best of the lot, and this piece has some slight flaws, I notice - surely it couldn't be theirs, unless all I've heard is mistaken."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 30/11/12, 09:59 pm

Vedran shrugged and grinned at Aleyn as he took the pitcher - it was his family and he no doubt knew more about the business. He leaned back against a sturdy looking post and picked up one of a set of matching glasses to look it over while Aleyn chatted with the merchant.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 30/11/12, 10:15 pm

"If you're looking for art, certainly, Shenarith can oblige. Kettenar, Sarvakath, these are houses for craftsmen. Their work is beautiful and serviceable, but Shenarith has the better technique, the greater artisans."

He shrugged.

"Still, there are only so many who can afford such, and all men must eat. Shenarith produces goblets and bowls like the rest, no matter their aspirations. A piece such as that, if it is theirs, is just as likely to have minute flaws as any other. The products of journeymen and apprentices can still bring profit."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 30/11/12, 10:28 pm

"It's true enough," Aleyn agreed, setting the pitcher down carefully. "Do you have any of their more high-end pieces for sale? Or perhaps I would have to go to Oshuar to see such work."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 12/12/12, 01:10 pm

"I have such wares, sculptures of such beauty they would make the Host weep."

The merchant gestured towards another table, this one hosting several pieces of glass art, largely representations of local animals Aleyn couldn't entirely identify. The merchant turned back, giving the pair a shrewd look.

"I think, perhaps, you are interested in more than my art, however. Hmm?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/12/12, 01:20 pm

Aleyn gave a faint smile, admiring the glass artworks. "They are very fine pieces," he said, ignoring the merchant's insinuation. "Perhaps at the end of our trip, I'll return and purchase one - it would be a shame to risk breaking such a work of art in our travels, wherever they might take us."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/09/17, 07:17 pm