Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Late night visitations

Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Late night visitations

Post by Kitrazzle on 15/10/12, 07:13 pm

Delona gnawed her lip as she trudged up the stairs the Brainy Boys' apartment. She'd been second-guessing herself the entire way up from the Union Hall. Cael and Thruik were probably in bed, and if not in bed then at least neck deep in some crazy experiment and in no mood to be interrupted. Maybe if she hadn't taken the time to wash off the worst of the battle detritus... But no, she couldn't show up with soot and dried blood still on her hands and face. That would be terribly rude. It was bad enough that she was showing up in the middle of the night with her elemental traveling clothes still slightly damp from rinsing. (One thing she could say about this weird fabric, it was incredibly sturdy and wrinkle resistant for being so thin and dried remarkably fast. Probably woven from some kind of seaweed.)

She paused as she came in sight of their door and sighed. There was a fair amount of light leaking out, so at least someone was up. Readjusting the rucksack on her shoulder, she continued up and stopped with her hand raised to knock. Maybe... Delona gave her lip a quick bite to derail the second guessing and patted her pocket. Of course they'd be happy to see her, and of course Thru would like the present. She couldn't remember seeing him wear bracelets, but the coil of metal ivy was still fresh and flexible enough that he could easily bend it into something else.

Not wanting to give herself the chance to change her mind, Delona rapped her knuckles against the door.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Late night visitations

Post by Josh on 15/10/12, 07:47 pm

Thruik looked up from his book, casting a quizzical glance at the door. Cael and Alia were both in bed, and the priest idly recognized he should likewise be, but the events of the last few days left had left him physically exhausted and mentally restless. It wasn't an unusual state for him, but Thruik hadn't wanted to burden Cael, and Alia was much more practiced in compartmentalizing things.

Thruik put a bookmark in his place and set the book down as he rose to answer the door. Whatever he expected, seeing Delona on his doorstep far outshone anything his mind had conjured.

"Delona! You're...how...when...?"

Flustered, he hesitated a moment before wrapping her in a fierce hug.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 15/10/12, 08:50 pm

A weary grin split Delona's face at the surprise and joy in Thruik's expression. "Efreet bargaini-"

She may have squeaked just a little bit at the speed of her boyfriend's bear hug.

Standing on tiptoes, she wrapped her arms around Thru's shoulders and nuzzled his neck, incredibly happy to just be able to breath him in again. Sighing in utter contentment and completely oblivious to the tears escaping her closed eyes, Del kissed the underside of his jawline. "Now I'm home."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 15/10/12, 10:07 pm

Thru settled his face in Del's hair, oblivious to the smoke and gods knew what other smells as he kissed the top of her head. He held the position for a few moments, gently replying.

"Yes, yes you are."

After a bit, as though he just realized they were still standing in the hallway, Thru sighed and leaned back without taking his arms from around the ranger.

"We, ah, should probably continue this reunion inside, yes?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 15/10/12, 10:31 pm

"Mmmm..." Delona pretended to think about it for a moment, then chuckled. "Good idea."

She leaned back, running her hands down his arms and letting him lead the way. Once they'd finally let go of each other long enough to get through the doorway, she hooked her foot around the edge of the door and pushed it closed.

"You look about as tired as I feel, Darling. Busy day?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 16/10/12, 01:37 am

Thruik gave a combination of a grin and a grimace.

"Its kind of a long story, but I'm sure not so long as yours. Suffice to say, peace is kept in Highmark for another day at least."

He gestured towards the nearer couch in front of the fireplace, offering Delona a seat.

"Can I get you something? Food, tea? I imagine provisions couldn't have been exhaustive where you were."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 16/10/12, 06:32 pm

Oh, that was not the happiest of faces; she'd had those kinds of days before. Delona smiled sympathetically and employed her very best deadpan tone of voice, hoping to get at least a smile. "Yay."

She shrugged as she moved to the couch, still holding onto Thruik's hand. Food did sound awesome, but so did sleep, and cuddles and makeouts sounded even better. "Only if you're having something. We weren't nearly as bad off as we could have been. I'll never make fun of Roscoe's pemmikan again, that's for sure."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 16/10/12, 09:09 pm

"Maybe I'll make something in a bit. Right now, I'm just going to count my blessing and bask in the fact of you being home and safe."

Thruik took a seat on the far end of the couch so Delona could choose to sit or lay out if she wanted.

"I have to ask, scholarly curiosity, how did you manage to get back?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 16/10/12, 10:57 pm

"Hee. I like this plan." Delona's smile turned goofy as she melted just a little bit more.

Throwing manners momentarily to the winds, Delona opted to snuggle up against her boyfriend's side rather then laying down or sitting properly, toeing off the strappy flats she never wanted to see again and tucking her feet up beside her. Okay, maybe there was a tiny silver lining to having been without her awesome boots for that whole damn trip.

"Serendipity. And bargaining with efreets. So there we were wandering around in the middle of really weird nowhere when we stumble across a little village run by this phoenix lady. It turns out they're cultists working with the cultists here, so we escape on their barge and start wandering the River Web looking for settlements big enough to maybe have someone who can portal us home. Finally find one with an efreet who retired from their traveling Bazaar. Apparently that's one of the only ways that goods and information spread. The usual tit-for-tat; we fetched a pearl of power from some underwater ruins, he contractually obligated one of his friends in the Bazaar to portal us home. I kinda got the feeling it was a bad idea to let him get his claws on that pearl, but we were all kinda beyond caring at that point. We were just glad he wasn't asking us to assassinate anyone. So we tracked down the bazaar, traded away the non-portable loot, gave the mage lady the barge to make up for the inconvenience her friend landed her in, got attacked by the phoenix bitch but had to let her leave so she wouldn't coup de grace Tzesira, and got ported into the Union about -oh- an hour or so ago. Left all of our loot on Monty's desk. Gonna have to be back there bright and early in the morning to mitigate the heart attack."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 17/10/12, 09:28 pm

"Well, I'm just going to have to be sure to wake you when I head to work," Thruik replied nonchalantly, before he realized the statement rested on the assumption that Delona would be spending the night.

"I mean, if you'd like to stay, that is," he added nervously.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 17/10/12, 11:37 pm

"Well, I really should let Master know that I'm back..." She trails off teasingly, then grins and nuzzles closer, trying to hide just how high her heart leaped at his casual offer to keep her for the night. Hooray for baby steps forward! The couch would certainly be more comfortable then most beds she'd slept in lately, though she'd probably have to fight with him over who got the bed and who got the couch. It'd be really awesome if they could both share the bed, but she wasn't sure he was ready for quite that big of a step and refused to force the matter.

"But that can wait until tomorrow. I'd love to stay."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 18/10/12, 01:56 pm

Thruik smiled, still looking somewhat self-conscious.

"Great! I can make up the couch," the orc looked supremely nervous, his bottom fangs sticking out on one side of his mouth as he bit his lip, "or..."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 18/10/12, 05:17 pm

The adorableness inherent in that off-center captured lip caused a severe pain somewhere in the vicinity of her heart; Delona squeaked and was obligated to immediately pepper kisses everywhere she could reach to make it go away.

"Or" kiss "could be" kiss "intriging." kisskisskiss

Sehanine preserve her from heartbreak, she was in so very far over her head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/11/17, 01:53 am