Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Drowning Sorrows

elanya
    God
    God

Re: Drowning Sorrows

Post by elanya on 07/09/12, 09:51 pm

First Vedran glared at his friend for the Sehanine crack, which hit a little too close to home. Then he just looked puzzled and perhaps a tad wary when Brenn jumped up and started rustling though his things.

When Brenn produced the slightly rumpled box, he stared at it a moment before setting down his wine and taking it. He didn't know the specific store, but had a pretty good guess, or hoped he did, at what was inside. "What? Why..." But of course he knew why. He traced the edges of the box with his fingers, and looked up at his friends, vulnerable and uncertain. "Should I open it, now?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 07/09/12, 09:56 pm

"I don't see why not," Brenn answered, reclaiming his seat and bottle. "You were supposed to get it when it arrived in Highmark, I just failed to remember it was onboard."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/09/12, 10:21 pm

"...Right." He opened the package carefully, finally lifting the lid off the box. he had a brief moment of anxiety as he did, but inside on top was a beautifully embroidered cream silk waistcoat, inside an equally stunning blue-green brocade jacket with silver buttons. There was more as well - probably a shirt and trousers, and some smaller bags and boxed tucked inside suggestive of other accessories. He sniffed, smoothing down the lush fabrics. "Those are *really* nice," he managed, but his voice wavered tellingly.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 11/09/12, 06:25 pm

"I know a few good shops in Thantopolis that specialize in Highmark fashion. Aleyn knew you'd had a hard time lately, especially with having to stay behind. He thought these would be a way to show you he's there for you, so he asked for some help picking things out."

Brenn's tone betrayed more and more trepidation as he continued, not wanting to upset Vedran.

"He's a good guy."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/09/12, 06:54 pm

"I know..." He sniffed again, trying to focus his watering eyes on the fine details of the brocade, the silk covered buttons of the waistcoat, but none of those things were really in his mind at that moment. "I really like him, and I'm trying, its just a lot, right now, with everything, and now I don't even know when...if... I'll see him again..."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 12/09/12, 02:20 pm

Agyness leaned forward, trying to catch Vedran's eye.

"Hey. We're going to get them back. Or, let's be honest, there's a good chance they'll get themselves back. They're resourceful. It may just take some time."

She gave a small smile, trying to elicit one in response.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/09/12, 03:00 pm

He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself and forcing a quick smile back."I know. I know they will... nit just feels like it is one thing after another, and every time I think maybe I can relax for a second, something else comes up, or goes wrong somehow..." He looked down at the gift in his lap, then closed the box for now, and picking up the wine bottle again.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/09/12, 01:21 pm

Brenn nodded, frowning.

"There does seem to be a trend."

He shrugged.

"I suggest copious amounts of alcohol. Short-term solution for a long-term problem. I mean, there's not a lot we can do for the next day and a half, you might as well take what down time you can get, especially away from Highmark..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/09/12, 02:04 pm

"An excellent suggestion, sir!" Vedran grinned a little manically and took another long drink. "And the advantage of going to Mythragal is that if I'm not quite in a state to walk when we get there, we can just rent one of those little mottes and fly around everywhere. Flawless plan, I'm sure."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/09/12, 02:07 pm

"I'm fairly certain we'll need you sober when we get there," Thruik offered as he raised his glass, "but until then..."

The orc tipped back his glass for one long drink.

"You're all a bunch of idiots," Agyness declared, but followed suit with her own bottle.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/09/12, 02:38 pm

"I'm sure ritual casting has *never* gone seriously wrong when alcohol is involved Thru. That's crazy talk. Agy, I believe the word you were looking for was 'we'. And Brenn, I am going to need another bottle of whatever soon if I am going to plough past the stage where I get really overly emotional and embarrass everyone in the room by crying like a child."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 21/09/12, 02:46 pm

"See, that seems all the more reason to withhold the wine for a while," Brenn responded. "Overly emotional Vedran is also entertaining Vedran."

"As opposed to horny Brenn," Agyness retorted. "Either stop drinking or drink a lot more. I like it better when you move straight on into Brenn the bard."

Thruik shrugged at Vedran's comment.

"Besides, we're all friends with Brenn. I think we're all well past drunken embarrassment."

Brenn gave a comedically overwrought frown.

"Man, I am not doing well in this conversation. Maybe I should take back the drinks."

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/09/12, 02:53 pm

Vedran hugged his wine bottle. "That might also result in my crying like a child. I'm with Agyness - I want Brenn the bard!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 25/09/17, 01:53 pm