Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

"See you soonish"

Curtana
    God
    God

"See you soonish"

Post by Curtana on 04/09/12, 02:38 pm

Receiving word from home might not have changed anything with regards to their situation, but it was a huge relief to Aleyn, who had been anxious about no one knowing where they were. Somehow knowing that Vedran knew they were all right, and trying to get home, made him breathe just a little bit easier.

"That had to have been expensive," he said. "I hope they got some help on the costs, or maybe the Union chipped in..."
    tuck
    God
    God

Re: "See you soonish"

Post by tuck on 04/09/12, 02:46 pm

"Probably Vedran's dad," Kallista said, "Is Sending expensive? I've never had to get one before. I'm sure we can all chip in for it when we get back. At least we know that they're looking in the right place. I"m sure they're glad to know we're ok too."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 04/09/12, 02:57 pm

"On the same plane, it's not too ridiculous, but from one plane to another... yeah, I imagine it would have been upwards of four thousand," Aleyn estimated. "And that's assuming they knew which plane to try right off, and didn't make any mistakes... We're lucky they managed it at all, frankly. But yeah, I'm sure they're relieved - even if it doesn't actually help us get home any sooner, it makes the waiting a bit easier."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 04/09/12, 04:20 pm

"Huh..." Kallista said, "That is kind of a lot."

She wasn't really sure how much four thousand gold was, but she knew it was more than she had at the moment, and she was considered "Well off" by lots of people in undertow.

"I hope they're not too worried about us. I mean, they know we can take care of ourselves, right?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 04/09/12, 05:06 pm

"I'm sure they do, but that wouldn't stop them from worrying," Aleyn replied with a smile. "I mean, sure, we're managing to survive here so far, but we still don't know how we're going to get home."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 04/09/12, 06:10 pm

Delona, listening in from her spot on the cabin roof in an attempt to distract from her own worries, let off a quick laugh and gave a sharp smile.
    "If they weren't at least a little worried, I think I might've been a bit insulted. It means they care enough to be sensible about what might have happened. It's a relief to know they're not trying to deceive themselves about the situation."
    She adjusted their heading slightly before picking that thought back up. "Not that they would, of course. They know full well how dangerous adventuring can get."
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 05/09/12, 07:29 am

Roscoe shook his head in wonder. "Four thousand gold? That's enough to keep the orphanage running for over three years. All that, for one message to us?" He shook his head again. "I'm going to have to put in *way* more charity time to make up for this. Maybe open a second building."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 05/09/12, 08:38 am

"I hope I'm wrong and it wasn't really as much as that," Aleyn said with a frown. "But for confirmation we're not dead... well, I guess they must have felt it was worth it." That thought was, he had to admit, somewhat satisfying.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 05/09/12, 08:50 am

"Roscoe, I still have money set aside for the orphanage. We can keep it running for a good long while," Kallista said, patting him on the wooden part of his shoulders.

She turned to Aleyn and shrugged.

"I guess it's nice knowing they know where we are, but unfortunately it doesn't really change our situation much. We're still on our own here, and we still need to find some way back. Even if they somehow can find a way to open up a portal here they won't have any way of zeroing in on our location. At least... I think. I'm not really a magic person."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 05/09/12, 01:58 pm

"No, you're right," Aleyn agreed. "But it also lets them know the cult problem is more widespread than we thought, since it's apparently spanning planes. And maybe they can do something with that information, even though we couldn't provide a lot of detail. I hope it wasn't totally useless, anyway."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 06/09/12, 12:03 pm

Nashira sat listening to the others discuss the Sending and the value their loved ones placed on knowing they were alive. She wondered who knew anything about her.

"You know, clearly my church planned for me to be on this mission to Thantopolis to help supress cultist activity, but I wonder how much they know about the fact that I ended up here with you folks. I wonder if my family even knows I'm missing. I don't keep in touch with them very regularly because I'm so busy and on the move all the tmie, so for the most part they just assume no news is good news. I guess I never really thought much about how the life I've been leading doesn't really include loved ones. I'm never lonely since I work with people all the time, but now that I'm stuck indefinitely in another plane it just kinda makes me think I've been living the job a little too hard and not making many lasting connections with people."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/09/12, 03:52 pm

Kallista shrugged.

"Well, there's always time to change... if we ever get out of here, that is."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 06/09/12, 07:11 pm

"Hey now, none of that defeatist talk. Of course we're getting out of here. Might take a bit, but a Thunderbolt never admits defeat." Delona spoiled her 'srs bizniz' face by winking with a smidge of a smirk. "Strategic withdrawals, on the other hand..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 06/09/12, 10:24 pm

"Wait, when did we ever run away from shit?" Tzesira hadn't really been invested in the conversation before this, but she honestly couldn't remember the team ever running away from anything.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/09/12, 10:33 pm

"You, uh... you weren't there at the time." Kallista said with a sheepish grin, "To be fair, there were a LOT of golems."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 07/09/12, 01:34 am

"A fuckton, even." Delona nodded fervently. "To be more fair, we did complete the mission. It was that one time when Cael got resurrected and the rest of his team had to be rescued from the abandoned war forged facility. There was this weid time-stopping ray thing. I'm pretty sure we told you about it." Del was getting better at keeping a straight face.
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 07/09/12, 09:43 am

"We've got the time. Care to regale us with tales of that adventure?" Nashira was keen to learn anything that she could about the Thunderbolts. In a place like this, knowing who they were and what they'd done could be important to surviving with them.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/09/12, 08:54 am

Tzesira smirked as she stretched baqck out on the deck. "Yeah, bitches, regale us with your heroic tale of fuckin' 'strategic withdrawl'"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 09/09/12, 10:45 pm

Delona shrugged. "You're a better storyteller then I am, Kay. Have at it."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/09/12, 09:17 pm

Kallista shrugged sheepishly.

"Not a lot to tell, really. We found the factory, saved Cael's team, hauled ass out, and were promptly set upon by an army of golems. So yeah, we ran."

She sighed.

"It wasn't our finest moment."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/09/12, 09:21 pm

Tzesira snickered, turning her head to grin mischieviously at her friend. "Shame of defeat wiped all the details from your fuckin' mind? I bet I could tell it better, and I wasn't even there!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/09/12, 04:41 pm

Kallista stuck her pointed tongue out at her friend.

"I bet you could. Every story you tell ends up better each time you tell it."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 12/09/12, 03:17 pm

Nashira glanced at Tzesira and made a decision.

"So Tzesira, I'd like to hear your version. I could use a good story at the moment if you don't mind."

She wondered if her trepidation showed. The paladin felt a little ridiculous for having needed to screw up courage to speak directly to the Shadar Kai, but after their confrontation on the barge Nashira was eager to avoid future affronts and repair damage. After all, what good was having a talent for talking to people if she couldn't even keep from offending the people on whom she depended for survival now?
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/09/12, 04:05 pm

Tzesira grinned more broadly, sticking her tongue out victoriously at Kallista before turning her grin on Nashira instead.

"Right. So. First fucking thing is - most adventurers are not the Fucking Thunderbolts. Lot's of folks never make it past like, fuckin' level one. People go missing in the changing lands, there's TPKs, people fucking die. Shit happens, 'cause who fuckin' knows what's out there right? One minute you're taking in some lame ass play, and the next you're fighting fucking cultists in the Elemental Chaos.

So, anyway. Brenn, who, as I believe was mentioned earlier, Kay is all banging and in love with and shit, has other friends in the union. One of them is this guy Cael, who went adventuring, and died. Shit happens, like I said. Only he had his team, an no one fuckin' knew what happened to them, and Brenn and Cael are rich fuckers, so, like, they can afford to try and get 'em back the hard way too, only it doesn't fucking work. But, shit - they know the fucking Thunderbolts! They know how to get that problem fucking *solved*." She grinned around at the rest of the team.

"Now, I wan't there, so I don't understand all the bullshit around this mission. Like, Brenn hire us for one thing, but off the books if was another whole thing because, like, rich people are dicks, or something. I mean, not Brenn, he's cool, and I guess not Cael, probably, but there was some politics bullshit?" She glances at the others again, but pressed on before they really had a chance to stop her.

"Anyway, he drops 'em off in the middle of the wilds near where this ruins or whatever the other guys were checking out are supposed to be But fuck - its the changing lands right? So who fucking knows! Fortunately, it all there, but is is full of fucking magical traps and shit that they have to shut off so they don't get themselves killed too - or whatever happened to the first team. This was back at like... level two or three?"

"So, they get in, and there's a bunch of buildings to check out. Whatever - they have to figure out which. They're all full of fucking more magic traps, and one of them has this super awesome magic shit that makes Roscoe, like, ... well makes him really fucking excited anyway, but they still can't find the first team.

So there are like, only two buildings left, and they're like, shit, do we go for the big one, or this other random one left? And I'm not there, so they probably fucking have like a twenty minute conference and it's all fucking hugs and flowers and they all agree to go for the random one.

So inside there is a bunch of different magic shit, and fuck! There's the other fucking team! Only they're like caught is some trap where they're, like.. I don't know stuck in time or something ooOOOooo. So I guess Vedran - this is like his first time with the team, 'cause he's all friends with Brenn and Cael and these other guys too - figured he can uses some of his powers to push them out of this zone, 'cause Bards and fucking leaders and have all these powers for moving shit around in a fight. And! It totally fucking works! Only they're stuck on the other side of this fucking wall. So Del is all "I'm a fucking tank, watch me all knock this shit down!" and she totally fucking does, and bam - probably someone cries or some bullshit because the Thunderbolts fucking succeed again!"

"So they're all patting each other on the back because they're so awesome when OH HOLY FUCKING SHIT! That whole fucking other building must have been, like, a fucking Warehouse of Holding, because there's fucking shittons of golems or whatever all coming out of it all of a sudden!

"Now the Thunderbolts have got what they came for see... And again, *I'm* not there, so they're all 'well shit, why would we take the opportunity to have a bad ass fight where we take out swarms of enemies and return to tell the glorious tale, when we can just run fucking away from it and go fucking pet baby animals in the woods and braid each other's hair and pick flowers?' Or whatever. So they run away, Brenn picks them up, everyone lives, Thunderbolts fucking win again."

She smirked at Kallista.

"And that's how you tell a fucking story. I even omitted the part where probably some of you were screaming like little babies because of the the golems, or warforged, or whatever the fuck they were."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/09/12, 04:21 pm

Kallista sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, that's mostly right, I guess. Except the hugs and flowers and baby animals."

She turned to the Shadar kai.

"I would give anything for like... five minutes of looking around inside your head. I think it would be a strange place."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/07/17, 05:44 am