Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Cooling yourselves?

elanya
    God
    God

Cooling yourselves?

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 12:37 pm

Tzesira hadn't left the scene much before Kallista, but by the time the tiefling caught up to her, she was perched on the rocky ridge, watching the lightning lake expand and contract, sending dangerous looking sparks up along the sand-water beach. She looked up as Kallista approached.

"Kay, what the *fuck* was that about?"

Last edited by elanya on 18/08/12, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Re: Cooling yourselves?

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 12:46 pm

Kallista shrugged and approached her friend.

"I was about to ask you the same thing..." she said, sitting down next to her, her legs dangling over the mass of roiling lightning.

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 12:56 pm

The shadar kai shook her head, frowning. "Fucked if I fucking know. Bitch starts going off out of nowhere about how I'm confrontational and she doesn't know why people tolerate me? And that's *not* a challenge? What the fuck!"

Last edited by elanya on 18/08/12, 01:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 12:59 pm

"T..." Kallista said slowly, trying to find the right words, "I know she started it... but you have to understand how you come across to people sometimes. I... we're all used to it. We know you. We know how to take you. But not everyone does."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 01:18 pm

"What did she fucking think was gonna happen when she pulls that shit, though? I'm gonna backoff and start fucking crying? What utter bullshit."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 01:24 pm

"You didn't have to respond the way you did. that was your choice."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 01:30 pm

"What, so if I fucking *choose* not to take shit from some pushy, mouthy bitch I barely fucking know, you have a problem with that?" Her glare turned colder. "What do you want me to fucking do?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 02:05 pm

Kallista turned to look at her friend, returning her icy glare with a fiery look of her own.

"Maybe give her a chance instead of criticizing her for doing the same shit that you do. I'm not saying what she said was right, but for fuck's sake, you could try acting like an adult about it instead of threatening her."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 02:43 pm

"Hey - if I make a fucking challenge, I'll fucking back it up. Don't accuse me of that bullshit."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 02:53 pm

"T..." Kallista said with a sigh, "I don't think she was challenging you. You come from very different cultures. Trust me, if anyone knows the kind of miscommunications that can bring about it's me. All I ask is that you give her another chance. Maybe, heaven forbid, talk to her."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 03:08 pm

"Well, if it wasn't a challenge, what the hell was it? Because I really, I mean, I really don't know what the fuck she expected."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 03:15 pm

"Let's talk to her at least," Kallista sighed, putting a hand on her friend's shoulder, "Let's try to figure out what happened. We can't just let this simmer. Not here. If we were back in Highmark or Thantopolis... but here something like this could get us all killed. We need to work together, whether we like it or not."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 04:07 pm

Tzesira shrugged the hand away, snorting in frustration. "Kay, I have no idea what you want me to say to her, and I'm pretty sure whatever *I* might fucking say would just make everyone else more pissed at me. You're all going on about how we should act like adults, like I'm somehow fucking not, and you still can't fucking explain to me what happened, or why anything I did was wrong, only that you seem to fucking think it. I don't know what any of you want from me right now, and I *don't* know good what you think making me talk to her any more is going to do."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/08/12, 04:36 pm

Kallista pulled her hand back as though it had been stung when Tzesira shrugged it off. Quietly, she pushed herself to her feet and stood up, wiping stray water-sand from her leather pants.

"What happened..." she said quietly, "Is that someone criticized you and you responded like you always do - violently - instead of ignoring it or maybe, gods forbid, using it to better yourself."

She turned and started walking back to camp.

"That's what I mean by acting like a fucking adult."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/08/12, 05:16 pm

But Kallista's words didn't make any sense to her. She hadn't done anything violent. She'd been trying to understand what was happening, but the way everyone reacted, maybe she may as well have just punched her. At least it would have been over sooner.

She'd hoped Kallista could try and help her understand, but maybe she'd hoped for too much. A grey despondency tugged at her spirit as she watched her friend walk away, but she didn't know what to say or do to heal that rift either. Instead, she pushed herself to her feet and turned in the other direction along the rocky ledge. She couldn't afford to sulk, and going back to camp didn't seem like a great idea either. The most useful thing to do, then, might be to get a better idea of how large - and how stable - the hospitable area in which they'd landed was. She knew it was dangerous to go out on her own much further than she had , but right then she'd rather face the unknowns of the elemental chaos than the Shadow, or the cold uncomprehending looks of her friends and teammates.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/09/17, 03:41 am