Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Well, that sure is.... something.

tuck
    God
    God

Re: Well, that sure is.... something.

Post by tuck on 16/08/12, 08:44 am

Kallista glanced around at the motley band of adventurers and shrugged.

"Well, Vedran's as close to a leader as we really have and he's back in Highmark. So... I guess..."

She turned and looked at Tzesira, then at Aleyn, then back to Nashira.

"Wait, don't tell me Roscoe is in charge now..."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/08/12, 08:54 am

Aleyn's face fell at the mention of Vedran. "I... I mean, I'm glad Vedran's not stuck here too, it's not like he'd be any better prepared to deal with this than the rest of us, but... I still wish he was," he admitted gloomily. "I'm sure he's worried sick... or he will be, when we don't get back on time."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 16/08/12, 10:42 am

"Who's Vedran? And if he tends to be like your leader, why isn't he with you?" Nashira looked puzzled. She opened her mouth to speak then closed it again as if thinking better of it. After a pause she spoke again, "And what does Roscoe do that makes him in charge?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/08/12, 10:56 am

"Vedran Callais..." Aleyn said, sounding even more miserable. "He's dealing with some... family stuff... in Highmark... It's, uh, part of the complicated," he said, with a pleading glance to Kallista. "He's getting divorced," he finally managed, and it was plain from the look on his face that he had more than a passing involvement in the matter. He rubbed at his face as if perhaps he'd gotten sand in his eye.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/08/12, 11:11 am

Kallista put her arm around Aleyn gently.

"Vedran is a bard, and he's normally the one to take charge. Roscoe is our other official 'leader' type," she said to Nashira, "...but I don't think he's ever really had to take charge before. Although since you were in charge back in Thantopolis... maybe you're the leader now."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/08/12, 11:23 am

"Pfft, Fuck that." Tzesira scowled. "First of all, I've barely worked with Vedran, so Fuck him too, we get along fine without him. Second, Roscoe isn't a take charge fucking type, but so far he is the one who knows the most about this fucking place, and I'm happy listening to him on that front. As for how we figure out what to do next, we'll do it how we always do it - bitch at each other until someone comes up with an idea worth fucking trying."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 16/08/12, 11:27 am

"You're more than a little confrontational. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why people tolerate you. Would you care to enlighten me?" A dangerous look flashed in Nashira's eyes and her face hardened. "In my experience, people who let their words fly instead of cooperating are of little use."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/08/12, 12:02 pm

Tzesira gave what passed as a confused, or perhaps incredulous look. She glanced briefly over at Kallista, hoping her friend would have her back on this, at least. She returned the paladin's hard look, matching it with another toothy grin. "Are you fucking challenging me, bitch?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/08/12, 12:17 pm

"Ok, whoa now..." Kallista said, carefully stepping between the two women, "We're all a little stressed right now, but we're all in this together. Tzesira can be a bit rough at times, but she's one of our best fighters, and she's not being uncooperative."

She put a hand lightly on Tzesira's arm.

"And T, she's not challenging you, she's just concerned about what our strategy is and who's going to be in charge. It's not an unreasonable concern."

She looked back and forth between both of the women with concern in her eyes.

"If we're gonna get off this fucking plane, we can't start fighting amongst ourselves."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 16/08/12, 12:26 pm

Nashira inhaled deeply and tried to parse out her thoughts into a reaction that wouldn't bring about total chaos. "I agree, Kallista. And I'm not trying to take you on, Tzesira. I understand that I don't know you well yet, so I'll try to exercise some reason here, but I'm not one to tolerate bullying, especially from adults who have an objective to meet. Anyway, if you all are used to operating more or less without a concrete leader, that's fine. Regardless, we need a plan of action that doesn't involve wandering around aimlessly hoping not to starve or go crazy before we get home."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/08/12, 04:49 pm

Despite what Kalista and Nashira claimed, Tzesira's instincts screamed at her to meet the challenge presented, and it took up a fair amount of her self control not to just pop the bitch in her pretty, arrogant mouth. She wasn't even sure exactly what she'd done. She wasn't being confrontational, or uncooperative, and who did she think she was bullying? It was baffling, and irritating, and she was sure Kay would rather she just let it go, but if she wasn't going to even be able to voice a fucking opinion without this bitch getting mouthy with her, there was no way she would survive an extended stay in this fucked up place.

"Yeah? Fuck you - you don't get to accuse me of a bunch of bullshit and then tell me what a fucking favour it is that you're being so fucking reasonable. You certainly don't get to pull that kind of shit and then dismiss it with some 'let's all fucking get along' bullshit. I don't fucking know you, I couldn't give a flying fuck what you think of me, let alone whether you live or die. Maybe you ought to watch your fucking words, bitch."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/08/12, 04:57 pm

Kallista immediately got in front of the irate shadar-kai.

"Ok! That's enough, T!" she said, attempting to put her hands on her shoulders and move her back away from the paladin. She knew there was no way she could physically control the monk if she decided to start something, but she knew she had to get her away from here fast to let things cool down. Where had this even come from? Kallista tried to retrace the conversation in her mind to see where things had gone wrong and came up empty handed.

"C'mon, just back away for now. Let's go cool down, ok?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/08/12, 06:13 pm

Aleyn stood up, also putting himself between the paladin and the monk in case things came to blows. "Everyone is on edge right now, but for sure we're not going to get out of here if we can't work together," he said as calmly as he could. "We don't need any more challenges than the ones already facing us. I'm not saying everyone has to hug and get along, but let's not kill each other at least."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/08/12, 06:37 pm

Tzesira narrowed her eyes, then deliberately turned her gaze to Kallista, stepping back out of her grip. "I am cool. And I'm not killing anyone. But fine. I'm going back to the fucking beach."

ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 17/08/12, 10:32 am

The paladin watched as Tzesira stalked away. Tension only realsing slightly from her shoulders, she addressed the others: "Stars over all Ahkas, that escalated fast! I knew she was touchy, but I didn't realize how volatile she was. Here I've been trying to untangle romantic interests to avoid offending anyone and I managed to set a storm brewing anyway. Is she that violent all the time? I'm going to have trouble if she spends most of her time being pushy and mean to every person she has contact with." Nashira looked simultaneously wary and exhausted considering the implications of having pissed off a powerful and explosive monk.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 17/08/12, 10:44 am

"You just have to... get used to her." Kallista said with a sheepish look, "She's really a good friend when you get to know her. I should... I'm gonna go check on her."

She took a step away and then turned back hesitantly.

"I'm really sorry about... all that..." she said before hurrying after her friend.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 17/08/12, 05:16 pm

Aleyn turned and gave Nashira an awkward shrug. "Kallista's right. Don't take it personally, it's just the way Tzesira tends to be. Come on, you want to help take this water to Roscoe before it decides to turn into coal?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:37 am