Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Well, that sure is.... something.

Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Well, that sure is.... something.

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 03:09 pm

"Yeah well, who hasn't, really," Aleyn said with a hint of a smile. "But we should try to see what the local wildlife eats... whatever wildlife there is that doesn't subsist on a diet of lost adventurers, that is."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 03:11 pm

Tzesira snickered, looking over at Kallista. "You mean like Aleyn's sister?"

Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 03:13 pm

"Hey, my sister's not..." Aleyn trailed off with a sigh. "Never mind, carry on."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 03:16 pm

"Yeah, no, she wasn't suspicious at all," kallista said, popping a few more of the water pellets into her mouth, "I mean, maybe at first. Not by morning, though."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 03:23 pm

Tzesira laughed again as Aleyn just covered his face with his hand.

"Too fuckin' easy, man...." She eyes Kallista again, bursting into further giggles, and letting the obvious follow up speak for itself.

She managed to get herself under control a moment later. "Yes," she said seriously, closing off the bag of sand-water and hoisting it over her shoulder as she stood. "Food could be a problem."

tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 03:33 pm

Kallista sighed once more.

"I kinda just wish something would happen. Like, I was terrified out of my mind when we woke up here and now I just feel like I'm waiting for the hammer to fall. I wish whatever was going to happen, good or bad, would just do it already."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 03:41 pm

Aleyn put an arm around Kallista's shoulders, as much to comfort himself as her. "I know the feeling. But we'll find our way through this somehow." He tried to sound more confident than he felt. "We are all way too stubborn to let some stupid plane beat us."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 03:55 pm

Kallista smiled and leaned her head against Aleyn's shoulder.

"Yeah, I know. I've just never been good at being patient, I guess."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 04:30 pm

"Yeah, let's get this shit back to the camp already." Spoeaking of impatience, Tzesira shifted her with until the other two took the hint and broke off their side-hug.

The trio headed back up over the rocky dunes towards the camp that roscoe and Warryn had... well, *formed* was as good a word as any, out of what they'd guessed was an old mote. It was solid rock, and unlike the landscape around them, seemed inclined to stay that way as long as they kept an eye on it.

"Hey!" she called out, in case anyone might have not heard her before. "We got some water."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 04:38 pm

"Sort of!" Kallista added helpfully, following close behind.
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 15/08/12, 04:49 pm

Nashira spied three figures approaching the camp and noticed one of them carrying a large bag. As they moved closer she could make out their faces. Who had called out? Was it Kallista? Yes. The Tiefling. Who was the one carrying the bag? Normally names and faces came pretty easily to her, but it had been an eventful few days and it was hard to make heads or tails of nearly anyone but Warryn. Even he had that ridiculous mustache that made him nigh unrecognizable from the person she'd known before. Nashira took solace in Roscoe's being so delightfully different. She liked Roscoe. He was adorable.

She shook her head from her musings and called back "What do you mean 'Sort of?'"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 04:53 pm

"Well," Tzesira shrugged, setting the bag down in front of the paladin when they got up to her. "It's water. But its' sand too - gotta fucking love this place. At least its easy to carry. At least you can fucking drink it though." She eyed Kallista. "Sort of."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 15/08/12, 05:00 pm

"How, exactly, does one drink sand?" Nashira said, a skeptical looking coming over her green eyes. She reached down to pick up the bag but grasped it gingerly as if it might explode at any moment. "Are you even sure it's safe? Nothing on this plane makes much sense, and I'd really rather not die trying to drink a beach."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 05:06 pm

Tzesira shrugged. "It didn't kill me or Kay. It just sort of fuckin'... fizzes, or whatever, back into liquid in your mouth."

Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 07:09 pm

"They took it upon themselves to test it, and fortunately it seems harmless enough," Aleyn said with a sidelong look at Kallista and Tzesira that suggested he thought they were damned lucky. "If we can keep it from turning into anything else - sulfur, say, or quicksilver, or very small rocks - we should have an adequate source of water for the next little while."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 15/08/12, 07:23 pm

"Capital idea...how do we go about keeping it from shifting into something else, though? Is someone going to be on water minding duty while everyone else looks around for more to eat? We could be stuck in this place for a long while." Nashira looked around at the motley group and sighed. "Well, if that's the case, actually, I guess now is as good a time as any to get to know you folks a little better. Maybe we can all get chummy over a nice mug of water...sand...very small rocks?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 07:42 pm

Tzesira eyed the bag. She was optimistic that they could make it stay in a usable form, the same way they'd gotten the cave to keep its shape. It didn't seem to take constant concentration, unless Roscoe was doing it and she just hadn't noticed. But she hoped it would last them a little while, anyway.

She then eyed the paladin. Nashira seemed competent, which was in her favour. Tzesira didn't really do 'chummy' on your average day, but this was special circumstances and it might be good to know if the new girl was going to get on her nerves or not.

"Maybe a small cup," she allowed, grudgingly.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 07:49 pm

Kallista reached into the bag that the paladin held and grabbed a handful of water rocks, tossing them in her mouth. Her eyes went wide for a second as they began popping and then she started giggling.

"Hee! They kinda tickle! At least they're easy to pick up and carry this way. You really don't even need a mug. But I'm always up for getting chummy with people."

She turned to Tzesira and lifted a finger at her.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't say it."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 07:54 pm

Tzesira grinned showing all her teeth. Those who knew her were more used to her sinister smile, but new acquaintances often had a hard time determining how to interpret the look. "I didn't say a fucking thing."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 07:55 pm

"Don't worry," Aleyn said, helping himself to a handful of the odd little grains of water. "We were all thinking it."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 15/08/12, 08:34 pm

"Ok...I'm just going to say it...just how "chummy" do people get around here? All of the implication is that Kallista has lots and lots of her own fun. I don't want to be the silly new kid who doesn't get all of the sideways glances and snickers. Maybe you'd all best lay out on the line all of the more exciting things I'm in for with this particular group of personalities." The paladin looked altogether fearful and eager as the words tumbled from her mouth.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 09:28 pm

"Well, we're definitely a motley bunch," Kallista said with a smile, "Some of us are more... chummy... than others.

She glanced at Tzesira.

"But we're all friendly. None of us will bite your head off or anything. Except maybe Feyrmalken. He might. But I think Warryn keeps that under control for the most part."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 09:46 pm

"If you're looking for a quick run-down on people's, uh, various states of chumminess, so you don't put your foot in anything," Aleyn said helpfully, "Kallista is dating Brenn, but she also sees other people, including Tzesira," he pointed to each of them in turn as he named them, "and apparently my little sister," he added with a little glare at the tiefling. "Delona seems to be seeing Thruik fairly often these days, but you'd have to ask her how serious things are. I don't think Warryn is seeing anyone but he's sort of a man of mystery, so for all I know he could have a dozen romances on the go, and Roscoe... is Roscoe. And..." He hesitated, unsure what to say about his own current involvement.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 10:27 pm

"...And Aleyn is complicated." Kallista finished with a smile, "Actually, it's all kinda complicated, but it works. Mostly."
    ArtemisPrime
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by ArtemisPrime on 16/08/12, 08:22 am

"Well, that overview is appreciated. I don't really want to pry into personal lives, but if there's ever an innuendo fest I'll be a little more prepared to wrap my brain around it." Nashira took a handful of the weird water, looked around at the landscape, and they surveyed the group. "Anyway, what do we do now? Having water is great, but having water back at home where it's a liquid would be even nicer. I'm a bit anxious to figure out what we're doing next to take care of ourselves while we're here and then get out as soon as possible. Is anyone in charge of this little operation?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:40 am