Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Well, that sure is.... something.

elanya
    God
    God

Well, that sure is.... something.

Post by elanya on 14/08/12, 09:11 pm

Tzesira looked out over the flickering lake, and shook her head. This place was fucked up, that was for sure. When they'd made camp the night before, there had been no lake of lightning over the next ridge. The ridge had been made of deep snowy drifts that had seemed indifferent to the flaming boulders that lay a few feet away. Now, the ridge was made of... some kind of stone, she guessed. The fiery boulders were gone, and a beach of fine grains of water led down to the shore.

The monk shrugged. She didn't want to get too close to the pooling electricity, not knowing how it would interact with the water here, but reached down to grab a handful of ....sand, she supposed. It trickled through her fingers in a somewhat familiar way, leaving her hands damp.

"Hey!" she called out, confident that her voice would carry the short distance back to the camp. "I found some... Portable fucking water!" the portable part was important, they'd learned pretty fast.
    tuck
    God
    God

Re: Well, that sure is.... something.

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 10:54 am

A few moments later, Kallista's familiar curved horns poked over the rise of the strange rocky hill, followed shortly by the rest of her.

"Is it... drinkable?" she asked as she approached the water beach cautiously. She hugged herself against the sudden cold wind that had blown in not five minutes earlier, replacing the scorching heat that had been lingering since sometime around what passed for midnight in this place. With no day and night cycle it was hard to tell.

"It doesn't do us much good if it turns to sand in our throats or something."

Last edited by tuck on 15/08/12, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 10:59 am

Tzesira shrugged, pick ups some sand and licked it, then took a handful in to her mouth. She made a face a moment later, and shrugged again. "It's kind of... fizzy? I don't know, like they fuckin' burst or something in your mouth."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 11:26 am

Kallista sighed and kicked at a patch of water-sand, watching droplettes go scattering off across the glassy rocks where they rolled and reformed into sand.

"This place is fucked up. I mean straight up, hands down, fucked up. We are not prepared for this shit. We have no supplies. We haven't seen a trace of civilization since we got here, if anything civilized even can live in this place, which Roscoe assures me is the case, but I'm beginning to doubt. We don't even have any idea where we are, where we're going, or how to get there."

She sighed and sat down on an outcropping.

"Did I forget anything?"

Last edited by tuck on 15/08/12, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 11:31 am

"Only the part where no one back home knows where we are," Aleyn said glumly as he strolled up to them.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 11:38 am

Tzesira looked up as Aleyn approached, but kept her mouth shut on the topic - she knew the others had stronger connections to people back home, but the fact was that this was a great experience for her, and pretty much everyone she cared about on Nerath was with her now. Instead she pulled out of her crouch. "Did you bring a fucking bag or something that we can put this in? Or a pot or whatever?"

Without waiting for him to reply, she turned to Kallista. "Anyway - there *are* people who live here. I even fuckin' met some, once."

tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 11:41 am

Kallista sighed.

"Good for them. I wish they'd show themselves already."

She turned to Aleyn with a resigned look.

"Aleyn... if we don't survive this, and there's every chance we may not, there's something you should know. I had sex with Tavya. Like... a lot."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 11:44 am

Tzesira glanced between the tiefling and the human for a moment.

"Who the fuck is Tavya?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 11:46 am

Aleyn blinked, his mouth hanging open as he tried to process that information. "What. Why. Why would you even. Why would you tell me that? Is that supposed to be comforting? I... I bought you underwear, dammit, why would you turn around and tell me something like that?! Now I have to think about you wearing it for my little sister!"

He paused in his rant, another thought bubbling to the surface. "And she likes guys, anyway!"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 11:50 am

Tzesira stared at Aleyn for a moment longer, before bursting out laughing and grinning over at Kallista. "Fuckin a - way to go, Kay."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 11:52 am

Kallista turned slightly redder and slumped on her rock.

"Sorry, I just figured you should know. I don't like secrets, and I don't want to die with any big ones."

She shrugged her shouldersand frowned.

"And she still likes guys... mostly.... Besides, I wouldn't wear that outfit for her. That was for Brenn. Tavya prefers the leather."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 11:58 am

Aleyn sighed and came over to sit down beside Kallista. "I'm not mad... just surprised, that's all. I guess as long as everyone's happy, then... whatever, I'd rather my sister be with you than with 90% of the guys she's dated. At least you're not a jerk. But please... I don't need to know anything else about what she likes, or doesn't like. PLEASE," he repeated for emphasis. "In my head she's still twelve, and way too young for this."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 12:12 pm

"Sorry" kallista repeated somewhat sheepishly, "I won't mention it again. I just thought you should know."

She paused and picked up a nearby stray copper branch that had fallen from one of the metallic trees and been blown over by the cold wind, using it to scratch idly at the rocks by her feet.

"Speaking of that outfit, though, I really hope we get back to the real world soon. I was wearing it under my clothes for after the theater. It'd be a shame if Brenn never gets to enjoy it."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 12:49 pm

"...Are you wearing it now?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 12:54 pm

"No, I took it off last night in the cave when most everyone was asleep. Roscoe has it in his stomach."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 12:57 pm

The logical outgrowth of that fact was that Kay wasn't wearing anything else underneath the slinky dress she had on under her armour. "Heh." She leered.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 01:37 pm

"Anyway," Aleyn said pointedly, "yes, I did bring a bag. Is this the kind of water that can go in a bag?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 01:40 pm

Turning her attention back to the sorcerer, Tzesira indicated the beach. "For now?" She wasn't sure how stable anything was in this plane, but she guessed Roscoe could probably get it to stay how they wanted it to. She was getting better at the mind-over-matter method of shaping the plane, but the warforged seemed to have a special knack for it, either because he was really smart,. or he was an artificer already, or both. "We can take it to Roscoe, I guess."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 02:12 pm

Kallista grinned at the Shadar Kai, sticking her tongue out.

"Stop leering, you're wearing less than I am."

She idly tossed the copper branch down the embankment where it plopped into the electric lake with a zapping sound and a sizzle of light before sinking out of sight.

"Water doesn't really seem to be the problem around here. There seems to be a good amount of it around in some form or another. It's food I'm more worried about. Roscoe has a few rations, but if we're here for longer than a week or so we're gonna need to find something edible, and unless any of us can digest silver the vegetation isn't gonna be much help."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 02:30 pm

"If there're people on this plane, there is something to fucking eat. Maybe you better get on praying to your Lady Luck that we stumble across something sooner rather than later... meanwhile, I don't trust this fuckin' place. There's water enough *now*, but I'm not taking any fucking chances."

That said, she looked to Aleyn, holding out a hand for the bag he'd brought. "You should try some of this shit - it feels right fuckin' weird in your mouth."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 02:35 pm

Aleyn passed her the bag. "Weird ...how?" he asked warily.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 02:37 pm

"Trust me, I have been." Kallista said to Tzesira, "I don't trust this place any more than you do. Avandra just isn't exactly the least fickle deity in the world."

Kallista reached down and picked up several grains of the strange sand and tossed them in her mouth, grimacing a moment later.

"Ech... that is weird. It like... tingles. Like you can feel it turn back into water, but it fizzes when it does it."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/08/12, 02:42 pm

"Please try not to poison yourselves," Aleyn said, sounding weary. "Testing foreign substances by putting them in your mouth and seeing what happens is... generally a bad idea." That said, they weren't dead yet, so he helped with gathering up some of the weird grains of water to take back to the camp.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/08/12, 02:45 pm

Tzesira grinned over at Aleyn. "Fuck man, that wasn't the first thing I tried. But how the fuck else are you gonna test it? Feed it to something else? It isn't like it's gonna behave like normal water anyway."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/08/12, 03:07 pm

Kallista shrugged and picked up another handful of the water.

"Eh... I've put more suspicious things than this in my mouth."

She paused for a second, realizing what she had said.

"That came out wrong."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/07/17, 05:26 am