Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping! 2: City of the Dead

Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Shopping! 2: City of the Dead

Post by Curtana on 09/08/12, 01:05 pm

Aleyn watched as the clerk presented several different frockcoats that could be paired with the vest. The first, a sage green number, seemed too pale, not enough contrast with the pale ivory of the waistcoat, so he shook his head and it was swiftly removed and replaced with a more fitted coat in a darker moss green velvet. Something about that looked wrong too - Aleyn wasn't sure if velvet and silk really went together, or at least not these ones. Besides, velvet seemed like it might be too warm for this time of year. The third option was a rich blue-green tailcoat fastened with silver buttons. The ornate pattern of the brocade seemed, at least to Aleyn's eye, to be the sort of thing Vedran might wear, and it didn't clash horribly with the waistcoat. "...That one?" he suggested hesitantly.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 10/08/12, 02:55 am

Brenn nodded appreciatively.

"Looks good. I think he'll really like that, and not just because its from you."

His gaze flitted to where Kallista had retreated to the front of the store.

"Huh, I guess we scared her off." He shrugged. "Were you wanting to just get one of these, or a whole outfit? I mean, certainly the rest of use can find an excuse to bringsgifts. Oh, and I should look for something for Macen; I've been a horribly irresponsible irresponsible fake uncle."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/08/12, 07:12 am

"Well, I guess if I'm going this far, I might as well get a whole outfit," Aleyn said with a smile. "I already picked up something for Macen, though, when I was getting gifts for my nieces. There's this toy shop where they make these little... well, I don't know if they're supposed to be snakes or worms or what, but anyway, I'm pretty sure the vertebrae are from animals, not people... and they wriggle!"

When he indicated he was intending to purchase a complete suit, the shopkeeper immediately began fetching pairs of trousers, without being asked.

Aleyn glanced to where Kallista stood at the front of the shop, and lowered his voice. "I did want to get something for her too, though. I kind of... owe her, after I, uh, pushed her into a hole. By accident. I don't know if she wants something here, or maybe from a different shop..."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 10/08/12, 08:53 am

Brenn checked to make sure the clerk was far enough she wouldn't overhear before answering.

"Oh, I think we can find her something elsewhere. This shop is a tad...formal."

Holding its current pose, the dummy responded.

"You're telling me."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/08/12, 09:16 am

After Aleyn had agonized, with Brenn's assistance, over selecting the remaining elements of an outfit for Vedran, and winced slightly at the bill (but of course paid it without complaint), he turned to Kallista. "I think you should get to pick the next shop."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/08/12, 02:25 pm

"Ooooh!" Kallista said, looking up at Aleyn from the rack of dresses she was admiring, "If that's the case we should go somewhere more fun!"

She turned to the clerk with a grin.

"Are there any lingerie shops around here?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/08/12, 03:02 pm

The clerk indicated that in fact there was just such an establishment not a hundred paces from her shop, and so they set off in the direction she indicated. Excited, Kallista darted ahead slightly to peek in the window.

"Well, if I get her something here, I guess it's kind of like a thank you gift for you too, isn't it?" Aleyn said under his breath to Brenn, smiling.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/08/12, 03:18 pm

Kallista grinned and bounced lightly on her heels, excitedly peering at the (so far non-moving) mannequins that lined the atore's window.

She entered the shop and weaved between several tables lined with panties and bodices of various sizes and styles before locating a svelte Vryloka sales clerk who was hanging sheer nightgowns on a rack near the back of the store.

"Hello there." she said with a friendly smile, "What can I help you with?"

"I want something that will blow my boyfriend's mind. Bear in mind his mind is not easily blown." Kallista replied excitedly.

The clerk laughed and looked Kallista over, estimating her dimensions.

"I'm sure we can find something that should do the trick. Let me go grab a few samples."

With that she turned around and headed for the back room while Kallista looked around curiously.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 10/08/12, 09:42 pm

Brenn grinned at Aleyn's comment.

"No thanks necessary, but I'm certain we'll both appreciate it," he replied, taking in the various designs displayed in the window.

They entered as the clerk turned to retrieve items for Kallista, leaving the rogue to peruse the displayed merchandise enthusiastically.

"See anything interesting?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/08/12, 10:14 pm

Kallista turned to the captain and pulled him in for a quick kiss, one arm around his waist.

"The real question is, do YOU see anything interesting? You're the one who gets to enjoy looking at it."

She picked up a slinky black lace one-piece from a nearby table and held it up if front of her, modeling it to both Brenn and Aleyn.

"Whaddaya think boys?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 11/08/12, 10:58 am

"Is that actually... comfortable?" Aleyn asked, tilting his head quizzically.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/08/12, 01:51 pm

Kallista shrugged.

"I've worn worse" she said, grinning, "Besides, if you're wearing it for more than a few minutes you're doing something wrong."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 12/08/12, 11:56 pm

"I take that as an insult. I've got better control than that, and I consider it the mark of skill to achieve...a great many things still clothed."

He eyed Kallista with a brazen, unabashed appreciation.

"You don't rush a great meal just to get to dessert."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 13/08/12, 12:00 am

"Does it even have room for... everything?" Aleyn pressed, concerned for Kallista's comfort. "I mean, where does your tail go?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/08/12, 12:14 am

Kallista lifted the piece of fabric, eying the back of it critically.

"Well, when you live among tailless people for as long as I have, you get used to cutting your own holes in the backs of things. There's not a whole lot of Tiefling-friendly clothing in Nerath, at least not in Highmark anyway."

She shook her head in bewilderment.

"I really don't get it. How do you people live without tails? Like... how do you balance? Why don't you just fall over all the time?"

Just then the store clerk emerged from the back room carrying an armful of fabrics, many of them sheer or lace, and of various styles and colors.

"Ma'am?" she asked politely, "If you'd just follow me to the changing rooms?"

"Oh, right! That's like... a thing." Kallista said, turning to follow the woman with a grin, "Talk amongst yourselves, boys, I'll be back shortly."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 13/08/12, 11:05 am

Fortunately the shop provided chairs for the men to sit and wait while Kallista tried things on. Aleyn was grateful to put down the packages he was carrying and relax for a few minutes. "So," he said to Brenn, "you and Kallista seem pretty happy together. Everything's going well?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 13/08/12, 11:23 am

"So far as I can tell, what little time we get to spend together. We just have these interludes between her adventuring and my...well, mercantile equivalent. Fighting vicious suppliers and whatnot."

He sighed contentedly.

"I know I'm happy, and she seems to be."

His smile faltered some as he continued.

"I know things aren't great for her right now, with all this coming up from her past. I just hope I can be helpful, both to you guys as a whole, and to her."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 13/08/12, 11:31 am

"Well, if it's any encouragement, I know she's crazy about you," Aleyn told him. "I mean, of course it's hard, being apart from each other..." He paused for a moment, thinking about Vedran, hoping they would be back together soon, before continuing. "And with everything that's going on, we're all kind of on edge these days, but especially her... Have you, uh, talked to her about all of that?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/08/12, 11:22 am

"We've, ah, we've talked about her past, and how she feels really, personally invested in this madness."

He sighed.

"Believe me, I understand that. This whole has me reevaluating where I stand on...a lot of things. I can't imagine what it's doing to her. All I can do is ride it out and hope I can be useful along the way."

Brenn gave Aleyn a sidelong look.

"Speaking of being apart, what about you and Vedran. You had two months there on the road with him, and now he's...hopefully more willing to admit what he wants and fight for it. How're you doing with all that?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/08/12, 11:51 am

"Well, it does kind of suck being away from him," Aleyn said. "I miss him a lot, but I think it's good, for a little bit - he can use the time to think things over, and sort out the legal side of the divorce... And he keeps saying it's not that he doesn't want...whatever...," he continued, blushing a bit, "but that he doesn't want to rush things. It's like he knows what he wants but just can't... do it yet. Things are moving, slowly, but I'm okay with that. I mean, we're trying to make it work, and I feel like it's going pretty well so far." He paused, looking down. "I really don't know what would happen if he had to fight for ... us, though. If his father found out, say, or ... I don't know, if anyone did, really. He's still concerned about keeping the relationship secret."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/08/12, 12:07 pm

From the direction of the dressing rooms, the two men heard the sound of a door opening.

"Ma'am, I really don't think..." the clerk began, but she cut herself off with a sigh as Kallista left the room excitedly, twirling around gracefully a few times as she approached the pair.

The ensemble she wore left little to the imagination. A stiff silk-trimmed corset showed off her more than ample cleavage, while her lower half was covered with little more than lacy white panties and sheer white stockings held up by a thin garter belt. Elbow length white gloves ran elegantly up her arms, and a white ribbon wrapped decoratively along the entire length of her tail completed the outfit.

The store clerk followed closely behind her witha slightly exasperated look on her face.

"What do you think, boys? Too much?" the Tiefling asked happpily.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/08/12, 02:37 pm

Brenn's eyes widened noticeably as he sighed appreciatively.

"Just enough, I'd say," he commented, leaning forward. His eyes traveled the length of her body, top to bottom and back. He grinned, twirling his finger to get her to spin around.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/08/12, 02:40 pm

Aleyn smiled politely. "It looks...complicated. Like it would take a long time to take off," he suggested. "But maybe that's a good thing?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/08/12, 02:42 pm

Brenn grinned even wider.

"Oh, we'll definitely take our time."

He turned to regard Aleyn.

"You've never been with someone who dressed up for you?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/08/12, 02:45 pm

"Well, guys' clothes are usually... simpler," Aleyn said with a shrug. "Unbutton the relevant buttons, everything comes off... That ," he waved in Kallista's general direction, "has laces and clasps and hooks and knots and I don't know what else!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/11/17, 01:51 am