Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Brennsylvania

Zari
    God
    God

Brennsylvania

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 03:42 pm

Roscoe sat on the deck of the Highwind, where it was moored to the spire in Garen's Grove. Brenn had a city. BRENN had a CITY! He sighed, leaning his head against the same railing that his arms and legs dangled from. One day... one day...
    Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Brennsylvania

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 03:54 pm

Aleyn, having finished up the letter he was writing to Vedran, stepped out onto the deck of the Highwind. Seeing Roscoe leaning on the railing, he strolled over to join him.

"Nice view from here," he said, smiling. "You can see pretty much the whole town. Well, what there is of it."
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 03:56 pm

Rosoe nodded. "It's huge, isn't it? And just think, this is only the beginning of what it could be." He sighed again.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 03:58 pm

"Does the captain have... business plans for this place?" Aleyn asked. The idea of just buying an entire town, even as small a one as this, was completely beyond the range of his experience.
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:03 pm

"I'm not sure, actually. I... actually hadn't thought about it like that." He looked over at Aleyn, "You mean like starting a shop or something in the town?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:10 pm

"Well, I guess there are resources around here," Aleyn said, gesturing to the forest. "Lumber, furs, mines obviously... And it must be stable, so that's an asset in and of itself, if people wanted to use it as a stopping point in their travels. I have no idea, beyond that, what Brenn might be planning to do with it, though. I imagine he could ... sell property to people who wanted to set up businesses here, though I have a hard time imagining him running a shop himself."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:13 pm

"He should open a brothel, that'll fuckin' draw people in. Heh."

Tzesira had just been up climbing around the struts again, mostly to keep busy while Kallista was off banging Brenn, but she knew the Highwind pretty well now, and without any serious weather there wasn't much challenge to it. Besides, she hadn't had a chance to talk to the new people at all yet and was vaguely curious. She dropped down to the railing to join the conversation.
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:17 pm

"Right, brothels. Those do seem to be popular." Roscoe shook his head in amazement. "Though why folks have such a preoccupation with making babies without even getting to have the babies, I will never understand."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:21 pm

Aleyn shrugged. "Well, I'm not liable to make any babies, but that doesn't stop me. Um, not that I go visiting brothels, particularly, just the ... you know." He trailed off, realizing that perhaps Roscoe didn't know, and unsure if he wanted to be the one to explain it just now.
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:22 pm

He frowned a little to himself. "Is it like practice? To make sure you do it right when you DO make babies?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:23 pm

"Not the way I do it," Aleyn mumbled, blushing a bit.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:24 pm

Tzesira laughed at Roscoe but then gave Aleyn a long side-glance, appraising him, "Eh? What way's that?"
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:25 pm

Roscoe blinked slowly, opened his mouth, frowned, and closed it again. Then he shook his head, muttering something about humanoids being weird.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:26 pm

"The 'with other guys' way," Aleyn explained, feeling like this was a distinctly odd way to begin to finally talk properly with Tzesira.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:29 pm

"Ahh heh, yeah, no babies that way. Hell, there's tons of fun ways to fuck without getting knocked up. But yeah sex is one of the best ways to really feel fuckin' alive, so to speak. You got shafted on that one, Roscoe."
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:34 pm

Roscoe shrugged, "I like being me. I get plenty of time to read and study when you guys are all passed out, and what could be better than that? Oh, which reminds me..." He opened up his forearm compartments, and drew out a shiny brass-and-oilcloth contraption. "I upgraded the Healsquitoes. Their old wings were getting a little tattered, so they should fly nice and steady now."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:38 pm

"That's great, Roscoe," Aleyn said, admiring the warforged's careful work. "I sort of hope we won't need them on this mission, if it's supposed to be mostly talking, but it's always good to be prepared."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:40 pm

"Yeah, I'm glad we got to fight that... Whatever it fuckin' was on the way put, at least!" She punched Roscoe lightly - relatively - in the arm "Hopefully you can save that shit more for the others now - I can get some of my own fuckin' healing now."
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 04:46 pm

Roscoe carefully stroked the healsquito down it's back, calming it, and settled it back into its compartment. He looed out over the village, a faraway gleam in his eye. "Oh yes. I will be prepared."

Smiling up at T, he asked "Oh? Did you learn that at the monastary?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:48 pm

"Fuckin' right - I wouldn't take off and not come back without fucking learning at least a little something." She grinned, barring all her teeth.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 04:54 pm

"Where's your monastery?" Aleyn asked the shadar-kai. "Well, not your monastery, I mean, but .. the monastery you train at?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 04:56 pm

She drew herself up a little larger - she wasn't all that tall, but her posture and ferocity made up for it some. The overall package was not one most people wanted to get too close too, especially when she grinned like that. "The temple of H'rik'eth in the Murkmire. In the Shadowfell."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 21/07/12, 05:04 pm

"Sounds... scenic," Aleyn said, eyes wide. "Murk and mire, what more could you ask for?"
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 21/07/12, 05:05 pm

"Iron? Sulfates?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 21/07/12, 05:07 pm

"Well, it ain't for fuckin' tourists, but we do okay." She sounded a hair defensive. "There is more than the monastery. There's been shadar-kai there for fucking ever. Since there fucking were shadar-kai, we've been there."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/07/17, 05:38 am