Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Peptalks - collect and trade them all!

elanya
    God
    God

Peptalks - collect and trade them all!

Post by elanya on 14/07/12, 12:37 am

Agyness was the last person on the team that he had to check in with. While he expected she was doing fine, at least with everything that was going on, he didn't want to take her for granted, just because he'd known her longer. And gvoing back to Thanatopolis might be problematic for her in some ways, and especially since he suspected he wasn't going to be along for that ride, Vedran wanted to touch base with her as well. Finding a chance where he could do so was trickier than he'd hoped, but he finally managed to catch her checking on the Drakes. The raptors all stared at him, tails flicking as soon as they'd caught his scent.

"Hey, Agyness - uhh, have they been fed yet?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Peptalks - collect and trade them all!

Post by Josh on 14/07/12, 01:26 am

Agyness looked up as the drakes did, her hand still under her mount's neck where she was scratching it. She whispered soothingly at the drakes, nodding Vedran over.

"Not yet. I set some dried beef to soaking, I'll warm it up in a bit. They like it, well, body temperature."

She shrugged, absently petting her drake.

"What's up?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/07/12, 01:59 am

"Oh not much. I've beenb just checking in with everyone else, and I thought I'd see how you were holding up with everything."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/07/12, 02:06 am

Agyness raised an eyebrow and gave Vedran a wry smile.

"What, you mean am I dealing well with the idea of a bunch of crazed cults banding together to undermine and overthrow our, admittedly, kind of fragile civilization?"

She cocked her head to the side, thinking.

"Oddly, yeah, I'm all right." She shrugged. "Its a bigger issue than I'm used to dealing with, but there's a point where people in our situation have to step up. I guess this is it."

Agyness eyed Vedran, sizing up his demeanor.

"What about you and them? I'm kind of trained to be ready for the idea of threats to our people and way of life. This isn't exactly familiar territory for you guys."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/07/12, 09:35 am

Vedran smiled at her answer - he wasn't surprised that she, of any of them was taking this all more or less in stride - and leaned against the tethering post for a moment, considering. "I think as adventurers, we're used to problems that have more of an immediate solution, and this is well beyond that. It's a little overwhelming to think about, especially since we don't know how far this all extends yet." He paused, and gave a self-depreciating grin. "Also, Brenn pointed out that I have a terrible tendency to take on more than my share of responsibility, and I'm trying not to do that. I think we'll all.. well, most of us will feel better if we can get more allies on our side."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 16/07/12, 12:27 am

Agyness smirked at Vedran's report of Brenn's observation, but it turned to a true smile as he continued.

"Well, allies we have. We just have to call the banners, as it were. And, yeah, I'd noticed you favor taking on more burdens than strictly necessary. Though you actually seem to be doing better for being out here. Did something happen back home?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/07/12, 09:47 am

"I'm all for calling in more people at this point, I just don't want to get pushed out of things if things start moving up the chain, either..." He sighed and looked down. "I guess I have a hard time giving up responsibility too? Which is probably why I'm having such a hard time with things back home and have other things to deal with." He looked back up, looking much more glum now that he was thinking about it again. "I'm getting a divorce. I don't know how far along the process will be by the time we get back - my father's taking care of things. But there will be more for me to deal with when we get back to Highmark, which is why I can't go to Thanatopolis with you."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 16/07/12, 01:16 pm

"Oh, gods, Vedran, are you all right?"

She paused just a second before correcting herself.

"Ugh, of course you're not all right. I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do? Or we can do? I'm sure everyone will want to help. Or is this something you'd prefer not to think about right now?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/07/12, 01:28 pm

"Thanks." He was about to say that there wasn't really anything they could do, but maybe it wasn't completely true. "Right now I'm just trying to keep busy and not think about it, which is a lot easier out here. I guess once I'm back home, other forms of distraction will be welcome, but its not going to be something I can, or probably should, avoid.... I don't know. Nothing was official when we left, but I'm sure that's changed by now." The Thunderbolts might be heading back out soon, but he had other friends in town at least, and he was sure Monti would be happy to give him more stuff to do to help ease her workload.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 18/07/12, 05:09 pm

Slowly, Agyness walked towards her friend, uncharacteristically engulfing him in a fierce, brief hug. She stepped back, somewhat embarrassed, hoping it had helped.

"I don't even know what to say. Condolences? Congratulations?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/07/12, 05:25 pm

Vedran's brow furrowed slightly on her slow approach, not sure exactly what was about to happen. Her fierce hug knocked the breath out of him, but he smiled, patting her on the shoulder before she released him looking embarrassed. Agyness wasn't much of a hugger typically, and the gesture felt all the more meaningful for it.

"Thanks. I don't know either - I guess I'll take a little of each? Right now, well, when I think about it anyway, I'm working on convincing myself I haven't failed at life."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 18/07/12, 05:41 pm

Agyness gave Vedran a playful punch to the shoulder.

"You've got a healthy, adorable son; a wildly successful career; and, let's not forget, quite a few amazing friends. I think you're succeeding by anyone's measure. One thing not working out...it sucks, a lot, but it doesn't cancel out everything else."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 18/07/12, 05:59 pm

He smiled, but he knew that the divorce would be a pretty big black mark in most people's books. He was doing well in other areas though, it was true. "Thanks. I guess it's good I do have all these friends, to help me stay positive."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:37 am