Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

This conversation is probably warranted at this point.

elanya
    God
    God

This conversation is probably warranted at this point.

Post by elanya on 12/07/12, 11:28 am

Vedran had left the campfire discussions when Roscoe and Aleyn started getting to discussing the specifics of various poisons. It wasn't something he had any particulat knowledge about, and while he culd follow the conversation, he realized that if Aleyn was distracted it would give him a chance to talk to Warryn, who'd slipped away back to the tent a while ago. There was a light coming from inside, which suggested the gnome was still awake. He slipped inside, settling down on his bedroll.

"Hey Warryn. I haven't seen Ferymalken around - is he not back from the Feywild yet, or just off causing trouble for someone else?"

Lunchpail
    Mortal
    Mortal

Re: This conversation is probably warranted at this point.

Post by Lunchpail on 12/07/12, 02:55 pm

Warryn shrugged, setting aside the book he'd been reading.

"Off sulking somewhere, most likely. I doubt he's too happy about my blasting him back to the Feywild -- not that I'd ever do such a thing on purpose," the warlock added with what might have been a smirk. (It was sometimes difficult to be sure beneath the moustache.)
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/07/12, 04:33 pm

Vedran smirked in return. "That cat is a total jerk. Which I admit I have been wondering about for a while. What's the deal with him? You're clearly not overly fond of him. He can be useful when he chooses to be, but other than his charming personality, what are you getting out of this?" He considered his audience briefly before adding. "I know it's not really any of my business; you don't have to explain if you don't want to."
    Lunchpail
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by Lunchpail on 13/07/12, 03:04 am

"What do I get?"
    Warryn pondered the question. "Not much, I guess," he conceded at last. "But he can disappear into the Feywild whenever he feels like it, and obviously he's not easy to kill -- at least not permanently -- so I'm stuck with him whether I like it or not."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/07/12, 09:58 am

"So he just follows you whether you want him to or not?" He shook his head. He'd known various caster types who'd had familiars, but Ferymalken wasn't really the same. Maybe it was a warlock thing? "Why? I mean, he apparently gets a kick out of harassing you, but I can't imagine he couldn't find something better to do?"
    Lunchpail
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by Lunchpail on 13/07/12, 01:37 pm

"Oh, I'm sure he could," Warryn agreed. "But I doubt we'll be rid of him anytime soon. He's--"

The warlock paused, not sure how much to share. He didn't talk much about his past -- not so much because it was a secret, but because he was hesitant to have to burden anyone else with his problems. Still, the rest of the Thunderbolts were going to find out eventually...

"He's the price I pay for my powers. Well, to be a bit more accurate, he's here to make sure I pay the price. Either way, he's not going anywhere."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/07/12, 01:56 pm

Vedran nodded slowly. This was new territory for him, and he didn't want to push the secretive gnome too far. "Ahh... That sounds a little ominous, I have to admit."
    Lunchpail
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by Lunchpail on 13/07/12, 02:40 pm

"Goes with the territory of being a warlock, I suppose," Warryn answered with a sigh. "But enough about my problems -- how's everyone else holding up? It's been a ... trying day, to say the least."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/07/12, 03:10 pm

Vedran smiled at that. "Hey man, we've all got problems. Some of us have a lot going on right now... Kallista, for one, since this is all linking up to her family. I tried to make sure she knows that she's not alone in this, but I want to make sure everyone else knows it too. We're a team, and friends I hope. We help each other out when we can."
    Lunchpail
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post by Lunchpail on 15/07/12, 11:56 pm

"I'm glad to hear that," Warryn answered. He WAS glad to hear it, and gladder still that Vedran had the subtlety not to make a big deal of it. "And we ARE friends. Sorry if I haven't made that clear -- I can be a little standoffish, I know."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/07/12, 09:31 am

"Well I'm glad to hear that too." He smiled more broadly, stretching and lying back on his bed roll. "It has been an awful trying trip though. I'm glad we found out as much as we did, now I just hope we can start figuring out what to do about it all. But we can start bringing in other people too, which will help."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/11/17, 01:53 am