Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Together again

tuck
    God
    God

Together again

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 12:55 pm

It was strange seeing the familiar wooden doors of the Explorer's Union once again after being gone for so long. Kallista sighed and pushed them open, grinning at the many adventurers of all types lounging in the main reception room.

She shouldered her backpack and headed down the northernmost hallway towards her dorm room. She reflected that she would probably need to find new lodgings soon. She was already one of the highest level adventurers who still lived on premises, and as much as she would miss the crowds and comings and goings of her fellow explorers, it would be nice to have someplace to really call her own for once in her life.

Lost in thought about finding a new place, she almost didn't notice the familiar ashen skinned woman watching her from the end of the hall as she turned the key to her dorm. She turned to look at her and her eyes went wide.

"Tzesira?" she said, quietly, almost to herself.

A moment later her overstuffed backpack clattered to the floor as she sprinted down the hall and threw herself bodily at the grinning Shadar-kai, grabbing her in a bear-hug.

"T! Oh thank the gods, you're back!"

Last edited by tuck on 13/07/12, 08:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    elanya
    God
    God

Re: Together again

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 01:09 pm

Tzesira would never *admit* that she'd been waiting to see if Kallista really had come back, after rumours of the Tunderbolts' return had hit the guild, but that didn't mean she hadn't been. She'd gotten back to Highmark nearly two weeks ago, and had been kicking her heels in the guild while Monti was trying to get her training back home counted towards her official EXP totals. She'd offered to put on a demonstration if anyone had any doubts, and suggested that whatever administrators were currently standing in the GM's way might make fine targets for the exercise. As disappointed as she'd been to find her teammates out on a mission, the time to readjust to Nerathi society hadn't been a bad thing, and just when she was starting to worry about getting bored, here was a jubilant Tiefling bounding down the hallway towards her.

She grinned,the usually sinister expression flexing the new raven-wing tattoo that swept across her left cheek, hugging back and lifting the taller woman off her feet. "I knew you'd miss me, bitch! Ahhh.. fuckit, I missed you too, Kay!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 01:15 pm

Kallista squealed with delight as the shorter woman lifted her off the ground easily with her muscular arms. As soon as she was back on solid ground, Kallista's eyes widened and her hand went to Tzesira's face, lightly touching her new ink.

"Omigodsomigodsomigods! You got a new tattoo! That's so awesome! And your hair! I love the black! Oh man, you've been gone so long I have so much to tell you! How was your trip?!"

The tieflings words came out at lightning speed, her eyes darting back and forth between Tzesira's hair and her new tattoo.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 03:35 pm

"Ah, that's fuckin' nothing! But yeah it was good to get the fuck away from this place for a bit, Mostly it was just trainig, but there was some pretty awesome shit in there too. I heard some shit from Monti and it sounds like the Thunderbolts have been pretty fuckin' busy, all rescuing dragons and free parties and shit! And Fuck! Bullettes! That's fucking crazy man, I wish I'd have been there for that!" She was still grinning, her black eyes gleaming.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 03:41 pm

Kallista's smile beemed at her friend.

"Yes! We beat up a pack of bulettes and their owners and rescued a dragon from a fairy maiden and we fought exploding diseased zombie things and all kinds of shit! You really should have been there! In fact, we're only back for a short time before we head back out to Thantopolis to track down another offshoot of the Gaer Hextor. You're gonna come with us, right? I mean, you're back for a while, right?"

Her smile faltered for just a moment.

"I mean... right?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 06:25 pm

"Yeah, back for a while. Fuck, this is gonna be like my first mission, isn't it? Hope those assholes put up a better fight this time."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 06:42 pm

Kallista's smile returned and a look of joy and relief washed over her face.

"It's gonna be awesome!" she said, completely forgetting, for the moment, her anxiety over her family, "We always kick ass together."

She put her arms around the Shadar-kai once more, less energetically this time, pressing her lips against Tzesira's forehead before pulling back and looking her in the eyes.

"I'm really happy to see you," she said.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 06:46 pm

"Heh - really? I couldn't fucking tell, you sappy bitch." Tzesira slipped free from the hug, punching her friend in the shoulder. "You just got beck - you hungry or anything?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 09:09 pm

Kallista's eyes glossed over at the mention of food.

"Oh dear gods, yes. I haven't eaten anything but trail rations in days. Let me put my stuff in my room and we'll hit the cafeteria."

She quickly jogged back down the hall, threw open the door to her room, kicked her bags unceremoniously into the dusty room, and slammed the door closed again.

"Ready!" she grinned.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 09:50 pm

Tzesira chuckled, waiting at the end of the hall with her hands on her hips. "Sure you don't wanna go somewhere better?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 09:51 pm

Kallista cocked her head slightly, a puzzled look on her face.

"Better? Like where?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 09:56 pm

"Shit Kay - This is fucking Highmark. You can get all kinds of crazy ass food... There's this mixed menu place down near the docks that's pretty good. They have some of that crazy actually-on-fire food you keep fucking going on about. But I dunno, whatever." She shrugged. Really the cafeteria at the Union wasn't bad, but she was growing tired of it again.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 09:59 pm

Kallista's eyes widened.

"Oooooooh..." she said, "That sounds awesome. I mean... yeah, I guess we can afford it, huh? I still forget that I have money sometimes... and that it's a thing I can use."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/07/12, 10:09 pm

"Ah ha ha ha! Fuck Kay - after that earthmotte we're pretty fuckin' rich! Ans we keep getting more money for it - I don't even fucking worry about the little shit. But yeah - come on, lets go." She was bouncing on the balls of her feet, excited and restless, and as soon as Kallista made the smallest indication of assent she linker her arm and started dragging her back out of the guild building and back out into the streets towards the bustling ports. "So come on, tell me, what did I miss? Tell me more about the bullettes!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/07/12, 10:23 pm

"Whoa!" Kallista giggled as Tzesira nearly dragged her off her feet and towards the door of the Union.

"Heh, well, you gotta remember, I didn't even know what money was until like three years ago. I still have trouble with it sometimes."

A few moments later she found herself back outside in the bright midday sunshine.

"The bullettes were pretty damn nasty. Hell, we had more trouble with them than the verbeegs that were controlling them. And I use the word 'Controlling' in its loosest sense. The things are like giant fuck off rhinoceroses with teeth the size of daggers. Oh, and they fucking burrow faster than you you can run, so you don't even really see them coming. They just kind of explode up out of the ground.

"We handled them pretty well, though. I put one of them down myself. Aleyn got hit pretty bad. Almost got taken down in one shot with a lucky hit. Luckily Roscoe got to him in time with his infusions."

The tiefling shrugged.

"But shit, even that was nothing compared to the gods-damned slimes we fought outside of yondon. Big ones. One of the fuckers even managed to burn me. Me! Oh, and on top of that, I shit you not, there was an actual fucking portal gate with fucking tentacles coming out of it! Like in some bad pulp novel."

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/07/12, 10:53 am

Tzesira's face reflected a number of emotions, mostly in the range excitement of and envy, as Kallista described their adventures. "No fucking way! I can't believe I missed that - that would have been awesome! Man - but you kicked ass, right? And how are the new people working out?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/07/12, 04:46 pm

Kallista smirked.

"Of course we kicked ass. We're the Thunderbolts. We kick ALL the asses. We did have some help from the Pack with the slimes and cultists, though... Ok, well to be totally honest, we were the ones helping them. But it still counts."

As they walked down the busy Undertow streets, Kallista bumped her shoulder against her friend's.

"I wish you could've been there. Aleyn is a really great guy and good striker, although maybe a bit unpredictable sometimes, and Agyness is awesome at keeping people off of me in a fight and setting me up to backstab, but... I just always feel better when I've got you to watch my back."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/07/12, 04:52 pm

"Well, bitch, ya got me now!" Tzesira grinned, happy at the thought of fighting alongside her friend again. "And what's with all these fucking cults everywhere, anyway? Who has a fucking cult to slimes? Or Orcus? Fucking nutjobs, everywhere."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/07/12, 06:32 pm

"I think it was a cult of Jubilex," Kallista said, "Or... maybe Juiblex. I've never really been sure which it is. It's hard to pronounce if you're not speaking primordial."

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/07/12, 11:55 pm

"What's that, some kind of evil slime lord? Did you *fight* an evil slime lord? Man... No fucking fair! Well, we'll just have to do some extra badass stuff now."

Having reached the docks, she dragged her friend into the restaurant in question, where they were seated and handed menus.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/07/12, 12:04 am

Kallista looked around the restaurant curiously, wondering how it was that she had never even noticed this place with as many walks as she had taken around the neighborhood.

"Well, really I don't know what the hell the thing in the portal was. I mean, it could have been a slime lord. When the spellcasters closed the gate on it, all of its tentacles got severed and turned into new slimes, so... yeah. Kiiiinda fucked up, whatever it was."

She opened the menu and let out an appreciative "Oooooooooh..."

"They have snake on the menu here! My cousin used to make the best charred ratsnake. I mean, she also used to torture captives with hot needles for fun, but she was a really good cook."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/07/12, 10:27 am

Tzesira laughed at that. "That's fucked up - but needles can be pretty fucking fun... If you know what I mean though. Not prisoners though, fuck that shit, give me someone who knows what they're doing and fucking wants it too." She made a face, realizing that mixing discussions of her sex life with Kallista's family-related issues was probably not the best call. "Anyway, is the snake one of the actually on fire things? Or maybe I'll just get the spicy mushroom soup again, it was pretty fucking good..."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/07/12, 10:49 am

"Yeah, looks like it," Kallista said as she perused the menu, "Although... are you sure you want to try that? I mean it's ACTUALLY on fire. Like, no joke. I know you're tough and all, but you don't have fire-proof skin. You'll burn your taste buds off."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/07/12, 12:12 pm

"Pfft, I had it before, I just blew it out." She stuck her tongue out at her friend. "I'm hardcore, not a fucking idiot. Just order your snake, bitch - you can pretend it is revenge for that one you strangled."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/07/12, 12:30 pm

Kallista chuckled. She folded her menu as the the young tiefling waitress approached to take their orders. She tried her best not to ogle her swaying tail, but was only partially successful.

"Uh... oh. Charred Ratsnake, please. And Whatever ale you have."

After she'd taken their orders, Kallista sighed and watched her walk away.

"Man, I think I need to move out of the Union dorms. It's too hard to bring people back there. Kinda kills the mood when they find out you live in a one-room hole where drunk people or recently returned adventurers covered in entrails are liable to be roaming the halls at any time of day or night."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/07/17, 09:41 pm