Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

An Overdue Visit

elanya
    God
    God

Re: An Overdue Visit

Post by elanya on 07/07/12, 01:01 pm

Of course Brenn would say that. "I know. I know but - its not that simple." He closed his eyes, thinking now about Aleyn, about the visit the sorcerer had paid him here, the confused kiss, about waking up next to him only a few weeks ago and how comfortable that had felt before the panic set in. "The things I want are confusing, and I don't really trust myself to sort them out. I don't want to wind up hurting anyone."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/07/12, 12:02 am

"All right, but make sure you're not getting hurt by not trying to sort them out."

Brenn snatched a piece of cheese to nibble on.

"I know this is hard, but, honestly, Ved, you have to find your happiness where you can. And if that means just having your own time right now, that's not a bad idea."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/07/12, 12:24 am

"I didn't say I wasn't! Trying to sort things out, I mean. I hate feeling like this. I don't want to rush in to anything, but it's - I'm not going to get any better by avoiding people I like."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/07/12, 12:28 am

"Well, I mean you work with him, right? I doubt you can avoid him for long," Brenn said, smirking.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/07/12, 12:43 am

He gave Brenn a long look, and sighed. Of course he'd picked up on it - that was what he did. He reassured himself that his friend wasn't judging him. Brenn would probably be happier if something *was* going on. Finally he just sighed. "There's 'not avoiding and there's waking up all tangled together in your tent. Even if nothing happened, it still feels... Disrespectful? If I can't even control myself *that* much..."

He trailed off and shrugged, knowing Brenn was not going to see things the same way, and may not really be capable of understanding all the conflicting things he was feeling. He certainly couldn't understand them himself, after all.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/07/12, 12:55 am

Brenn raised his eyebrows at the tangled comment, but heard his friend out.

"Vedran, I know you, you can control yourself fine. You just need to remember that sometimes you don't have to."

Brenn reached to poor himself some more wine.

"I get that you don't want to hurt Jacinthe, or disappoint your father, or disrespect...any partner you may be interested in. I respect that."

Brenn made a point of looking his friend in the eyes for the last three words.

"But you can't try to deny yourself forever. And you can't think so poorly of yourself when something happens you didn't plan on."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/07/12, 08:47 am

"I know! I know it's not rational, that doesn't help anything! And even... I can't just dismiss everything that happened, and everything she said, and I-"

Vedran checked himself, rubbing his neck self consciously. Getting upset wasn't going to fox anything. He hadn't meant to snap at Brenn - he was trying to help. He needed to hear these things about himself from people who knew him, and knew him well, and it wasn't their fault that he was having a hard time believing them. And if he wasn't ready to trust himself, then who better was there? "I'm sorry. I *am* trying. Really, I am, it's just hard, and this...divorce thing is still so fresh and everything's all stirred up again."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 09/07/12, 06:41 pm

"Hey, its okay. And, hells, if you need to yell, by all means. I know its not really something you do a lot. And trust me, I'm a merchant, and I was just a sailor before that. I'm pretty practiced at getting yelled at."

Brenn smiled, trying to cheer Vedran up.

"If nothing else, I suppose, here's to time. I hear it has curative properties."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/07/12, 06:55 pm

"Yeah..." He sighed, thinking that a year was both a really long and a really short time, depending on how you looked at it. "To time." With that, he drained his glass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/11/17, 02:34 am