Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping!

tuck
    God
    God

Re: Shopping!

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 10:13 pm

Kallista grinned in response to Del's questioning look, but said nothing.

"Yeah, two or three good outfits should do ya. You'll really just need them for public appearances and stuff. Don't forget, we still have plenty of stores to try and all afternoon to shop, so only get something if you like it."

She turned to Vedran.

"And Those cufflinks would look good with your red shirt, but I prefer that dark blue, silk one you have that shows off your arms."

Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 12:29 am

Aleyn picked up on Vedran's increasing ... anxiety? unhappiness? stress, anyway, and kicked himself mentally for contributing to it. It was exactly what he'd told himself he wouldn't do, and he couldn't even manage to avoid it for an hour. It was too easy for 'friendly' to slide into 'flirty' with Vedran, and it was obvious that it made him uncomfortable... although he seemed to deal with it better from Kallista, but maybe it was because she seemed to be like that with just about everyone, and Vedran was used to it by now. Or, he thought more regretfully, maybe it was because she was female.

"I do like this one a lot," he said to the others, taking off the hat to admire it, "and I'm sure it would go with lots of other things - grey is easy to match, right?
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 07:16 am

Being bombarded with compliments when he was feeling low should have cheered him, right? But he really had no idea what all of his things would wind up packed - he really couldn't take anything, and certainly the more formal clothes, and really he had half an urge to burn anything with fur or velvet, and probably he shouldn't be wearing anything that drew that kind of attention, especially now, especially since he did kind of like the idea of wearing it knowing that it was so appealing, and... meh. He gave a little sigh, glanced between the two of them, over to Del, who was looking pensively at Aleyn, and then back to the tiefling first.

"That one doesn't even have cuffs, Kallista. And black. Black is what you want, Aleyn, for matching. If you get that hat in black you could wear it with anything." Should wear it with everything, really, because it was painfully sexy, and if he was going to feel bad about his attractions he may as well have a good reason for it.... but of course he couldn't just say that.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/05/12, 08:43 am

"Huh, what?" Kallista said. It seemed as though she may have been lost in thought for a moment.

"Oh... well, I still like it", she said to Vedran with a sheepish grin.

"Yeah, black is good for matching. That's why it's pretty much all I wear. I suck at color coordination.As long as you're wearing only one color and black you should be fine."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 09:02 am

"All right, it sounds like black is the way to go," Aleyn said, handing the grey hat back to the clerk. "And I'll get this entire outfit, and ... you guys didn't like the brown as much, so not that one, but maybe the plain black as well? Then once I find some shoes and a coat, we're probably good to go on to some other shops, and let someone else get manhandled for a while," he added with a crooked smile.

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 09:33 am

"Mmm, plain black, maybe another waistcoat for variety, and the rest. And we can pickup your things, or at least this one maybe, later this afternoon?" He smiled at Xavez, who nodded, sure that Vedran at least understood that such a service might cost a little more. "And who's next?" He looked to the girls.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/05/12, 09:36 am

Kallista's face brightened.

"Ooh! can we hit up the dress shop across the street? I want to see if I can find something for next time I see Brenn."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 10:00 am

"That sounds like an excellent plan," Aleyn agreed. "I guess I should get changed out of these, then." He retreated gratefully to the safety of the dressing room. Getting back into his old clothes was sort of a comfort, making him feel more like himself and less like someone playing a part (and a somewhat confusing and unfamiliar part at that.) Except that of course now he noticed how the trousers were too loose, the shoulders of the jacket too tight, and how much scratchier the fabric of his shirt was than the one he'd just had on... He sighed and finished up quickly, shoving his hands into his pockets and slouching out, only to be confronted by one of the clerks offering him a choice of shoes. With another sigh, he went back in to try those on as well.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 12:44 pm

Lost in his own thoughts, Vedran didn't manage to stop Aleyn from going to get changed before he'd tried on the shoes. He shrugged, and next would be Kallista parading around in a string of sexy dresses... well, he'd agreed to come along, afterall, and it was probably for the best, all things considered. Brenn had better be damned grateful... Well, not that it made much headway in making up for the errand they'd just sent him on, he suppose, but still.

He shook his head when Aleyn slunk back out in his own clothes. "Makes a difference, doens't it?" After the sorcerer disappeared again with shoes, he turned to their ranger with a somewhat tired but honest smile. "And anything for you, Del? Getting attached to that coachman?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 09/05/12, 05:09 pm

Delona looked up from fiddling with scarves and daydreaming, a little startled. "Maaaybe? And maybe wondering what Thruik would look like in a hat. And what kind of hat would look best. And whether he likes hats at all. And I should really shut up now." She flushed and hunched her shoulders, shrinking in on herself and looking embarrassed.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 06:08 pm

"Thru can rock a bowler, and has been known to when he's not rocking the 'cleric of Ioune' look. It's cool that you guys are getting along so well." He was definitely happy for them - he thought they'd be a good match as soon as it was suggested to him. He also knew he wasn't the only one of his friends having relationship problems, so it was nice to know that some were making more headway.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 07:11 pm

Having arbitrarily selected one of the pairs of shoes just to get finished up here sooner, Aleyn finally re-emerged from the changing room. "They convinced me I should get a half a dozen new pairs of socks too," he said, brow furrowed helplessly. "Apparently - and this is the first I've heard of it," he added with a touch of self-deprecation, "when they get holes in them you're supposed to either darn them or throw them out, not just keep wearing them until they disintegrate."

The socks were just the final nail in the coffin for his budget - he figured he was probably about to spend as much on clothes in a single day as he had in the past three years at least, but... well, at least Vedran (oh, and the others) seemed to like them, which eased the sting a little.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/05/12, 07:25 pm

Kallista turned from the rack of belts she'd been inspecting and held up a black leather one that seemed to be about Aleyn's size.

"You'll need this, too." she said, matter-of-factly, "Oh, and don't foget underclothes. I can't imagine what state yours must be in. Very important for good first impressions. Especially if you plan on there being second impressions."

She paused for a second, unsure if she had made that clear enough.

"That was a euphemism."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 07:42 pm

Oh, they were on to underwear now were they? Of course. He nearly threw up his hands, giving in to the mental images. Well, Kallista was probably right, and anyway maybe turnaround was fair play. "You should get some silk ones, they're very comfortable."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 08:10 pm

The thoughts those few words conjured up were remarkably vivid, making the rest of the world seem to fall away. Vedran... silk underwear... Vedran in nothing but silk underwear...

"I... can imagine," Aleyn said slowly, the understatement of the year, after realizing he'd been standing there staring for several seconds. Frankly, he was lucky he hadn't just let his jaw go slack and started drooling. He bit back all the amazingly inappropriate things he could have added if they hadn't been in public, and if he hadn't just finished telling himself to stop flirting. "Another half dozen of those, then, too," he confined himself regretfully to saying.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/05/12, 08:36 pm

"Very good, sir", Xavez said, seeming completely unfazed by the conversation, as if men flirting with each other over underwear was an everyday event for him, "If I may inquire, sir, will you be paying cash or shall I open an account?"

"Oh, Cash!" Kallista said, reaching into her belt pouch for some gold coins, "This one's on me, Aleyn. Consider it a welcome-to-the-team present."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 09/05/12, 08:42 pm

"Oh, Kallista, you don't have to..." Aleyn began, but trailed off when he saw just how happy the tiefling seemed about footing the bill. "Well... thank you," he told her, grinning bemusedly. "That's sweet of you. And now we have to find you something just as nice!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/05/12, 09:25 pm

"Don't mention it!" Kallista said with a wink, "Pay me back on the battlefield."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 09/05/12, 10:13 pm

Vedran smiled at Kallista - he would have done the same under different circumstances. The thought had crossed his mind, even, but he was somewhat glad to have been beaten to the punch. "Well, I guess that's settled - I'll do cash for my cufflinks too, but I'll pick them up when we come back to get Aleyn's things. And as soon as Del settles on hats I guess we're off to dresses? I know you wanted to look across the street, but there's always the option of having something made too, if you're looking for something a little more special."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/05/12, 08:44 am

"Huh... I've never had clothes custom made before", Kallista mused, "It would be nice to not have to cut out and hem my own tail holes for once. Would you guys mind? I don't know how long it takes."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/05/12, 10:57 am

"It's fine with me," Aleyn said cheerfully. "You guys have been really patient waiting for me, the least I can do is return the favour." Besides, the little voice inside him noted, it would mean plenty of sitting around and waiting with Vedran...
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 10/05/12, 04:33 pm

Delona lifted the hat off her head and carefully balanced it across the shoulders of a display mannequin. "I don't need anything. Let's go get you something pretty, Kal."

She kept to the back of their little group and surreptitiously dropped a note on the check out counter for Xavez to add another two suits and four shirts to Aleyn's order, exercising his discretion as to colors and accessories, and to send the bill to her address.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 10/05/12, 07:52 pm

Aleyn was relieved to get out of the clothing store at last, even though they were just going to be heading into another one - but at least it would be another one where he wasn't the one on display, and he was pretty sure Kallista had far fewer issues about being the centre of attention. It felt like they had been in there for hours, but it hadn't actually been all that long, all things considered. They would still have plenty of time to do more shopping before it was time to meet up for dinner and a show that evening.

Speaking of which... "Have we decided what we want to see later? I'm fine with anything, really."

elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/05/12, 08:28 pm

"Well, I hear the best show in town was over a few days ago, but I think there's still some things worth seeing at the theater. I actually have a box at the Viewpoint, I think they have on Lords and Ladies at the moment - traditional romantic comedy - and at the Grand, which I think has... Some historical drama, maybe Shades of Night? The Palace has an Ahkasic show in called The King in Yellow, but it has mixed reviews - some people have been raving about it and others think it is just weird. I don't find their dramas usually translate well, but its an option if people are interested. I have no idea what it is actually about, though. There's a few other theaters worth bothering with, but.. ahh, all my notices are still at... home." Vedran sighed, his enthusiasm a little derailed, and smiled apologetically for his awkwardness.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/05/12, 08:41 pm

Kallista furrowed her brow. The only theater she'd ever really been exposed to was street corner bards and small acting troupes performing bawdy one-act plays in the common rooms of inns.

"I uhhh... I like comedies." she said uncertainly as she scanned the shops for a reputable dressmaker, "Whatever you guys want to see is fine with me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:41 am