Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping!

tuck
    God
    God

Re: Shopping!

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 10:55 pm

Kallista giggled a bit as Aleyn was stretched and prodded very professionally by the clerk and his tape measure. It was a fun show, but eventually the clerk had everything he needed.

"Yeah, I think so." she said as the clerk left to check his stock, "I think you can come down now. But don't get too comfortable. You're gonna be trying things on for a while."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 11:03 pm

Aleyn stepped down gratefully, shaking off the slight stiffness from staying still in odd postures. A new, horrible thought dawned on him. "Uh, where do you try things on?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 11:13 pm

Amusing as it was, Vedran had tried to politely distract himself while Aleyn was being manhandled by the clerk by looking around to see what all the shop had on offer. It seemed nice enough, with pretty convincing interpretations of some of the city's upper-class designers. He offered a bemused and apologetic smile when the clerk caught Aleyn by surprise with the inseam measurement and gave him a moment to shake off his nerves before circling back through the boutique to the others, just in time to catch the question.

"They should have a little private room for that, but Xavez can give you any assistance if you need it." He nodded to the clerk, who had just returned with a portable rack from which hung a number of different pairs of trousers. "Or you can come back out here and show off once they're on, and he can check the fit."

Xavez nodded. "Would sir please come this way?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 11:25 pm

Once more Aleyn did as he was told, following the clerk to the back of the store behind a curtained-off area. Xavez eyed his shirt with visible displeasure. "I might suggest that you will gain a better impression of the trousers with ... that... removed, sir."

"Oh, okay," Aleyn said, unbuttoning the offending garment and putting it aside.

"We can also provide sir with undershirts, of course," Xavez continued smoothly.

Once he was semi-clothed again, and the clerk had bustled off to locate some other appropriate items he might wish to try, Aleyn peeked out from behind the curtain, making sure his friends were nearby before stepping out. "So... how's this?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 11:49 pm

Vedran looked up from the rack of scarves he'd been poking through - it was almost past the season, really, but there were a few surprisingly nice ones. But thoughts of accessories were driven quickly from his mind when he glanced over at Aleyn, stepping shyly out from the curtain in his undershirt and pants. He might have been out of the game for a few years, but he clearly hadn't let himself go. The layers of mal-fitting clothes he usually wore had ably camouflaged his trim but by no means scrawny physique.

Vedran felt his heart beat a little faster, because wow - he looked *good*, and that was... dangerous? "That a good start," he heard himself manage as Kallista flounced over to oggle more shamelessly, "maybe we can get a shirt over that too..." It wasn't really what he wanted, but he was sure he'd already been looking longer than was strictly necessary, and forcefully redirected his attention to the scarves.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 08:38 am

As the clerk had led Aleyn away to the changing rooms, Kallista began to follow close on his heels, but she stopped with a pout when Vedran grabbed her arm with a sigh, redirecting her to a rack of adorable scarves.

As soon as he came out, though, she was on him in a heartbeat, poking him in various places and assessing his new look, as well as quite obviously ogling his upper body.

"We'll, the fit is good..." she said, hooking one finger into his waistband and pulling slightly, "But I think we need to move you away from the browns."

She turned to the clerk.

"Do you have anything in black for him? something more formal looking, maybe?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 09:16 am

Aleyn blushed slightly as Kallista gave him the once (possibly twice or thrice) over, letting her poke and turn him as she wished. He was mostly conscious, however, of how Vedran had looked at him when he first emerged, and how he very pointedly wasn't looking at him now. "Probably a shirt would be good, yeah," he agreed, embarrassed but also thinking wait, was he just checking me out? I think he might have been. Well damn, maybe I'm not that out of practice after all.

He grinned quietly to himself, but was soon distracted when the clerk, responding to Kallista's helpful suggestions, ushered him back into the changing room with several new outfits to try.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 09:26 am

When the clerk took Aleyn back into the changing room, Kallista turned to Vedran with a look of glee.

"Oh my gods! He's really chiseled under all those frumpy clothes! Did you see his arms? I think he's gonna clean up really nicely!"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 09:44 am

"Mmhmmm..." He managed to agree with what he hoped was some neutrality, not quite looking up from the scarves just yet and trying to put extraneous thoughts of Aleyn's chiseling out of his mind. "I believe you are correct. Though I might try grey, or maybe pinstripes."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 10:05 am

Aleyn could only hear about half of what they were saying, but he picked up enough to make him blush a little. He was always surprised when people seemed to find him attractive - it certainly didn't match what he saw when he looked in the mirror. He also caught Vedran's suggestion of pinstripes, and so picked out a pair of trousers he thought the bard might particularly like, a charcoal grey with a fine, faintly silvery line running through the fabric. Paired with a crisp white shirt and a matching waistcoat lined and backed with pale grey silk (not of his choosing, the staff were extremely helpful here...) even he had to admit it looked pretty good - and was surprisingly comfortable, since it actually fit properly.

The cuffs were an issue, however. He stepped out once more, still fiddling with them. "How am I supposed to do these up?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 11:49 am

Vedran turned back around when Aleyn came back out and took a moment to consider the complete look before answering. He really did clean up well, standing a little straighter, even, now that he wasn't stuffed into a jacket that was too tight across his shoulders... He tried to focus on the clothes and not think too much about what was underneath, but things once seen cannot be unseen, and the waistcoat was fitted enough to provide a good reminder.

"Cufflinks," he answered as Xavez turned to Aleyn with a selection, and he looked over the clerk's shoulder as the sorcerer peered at them somewhat dubiously. "I like the jet ones - you want some help?" He found himself offering, perhaps against his better judgement.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 11:57 am

"Please," Aleyn said gratefully. "If you like the jet ones, then they're fine with me." He held out his wrists to Vedran, only feeling a little self-conscious about his scars...
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 12:35 pm

Kallista looked at Aleyn's clothes appraisingly.

"Hmmm... much better" she said, "You're gonna need some kind of accessory with that shirt, though... something to draw the eye."

She turned back to the scarf rack while Vedran helped him with his cufflinks and grabbed a frilly white piece of material with silver trim, wrapping it loosely around Aleyn's neck and securing it with a loose knot.

She stepped back to take him in.

"Whattaya think?" she asked Vedran.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 01:53 pm

Vedran had just finished securing the second cuff, closing the crisp shirt over Aleyn's scarred wrist, when Kallista adorned him with the white scarf.

"I think some colour would be better - there's a nice green one on the other rack that would go with his eyes." He was still looking down at Aleyn's cuff, which he still had in hand, reconsidering. "In which case... well, I'd say jade, not jet. They would draw the eye more, though, so its up to you." He glanced up to give the other man a questioning look.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 02:02 pm

Aleyn swallowed hard, mouth suddenly gone dry as Vedran looked up at him, holding his gaze. "Well if they're going to stare at my hand anyway, I suppose they might as well have something pretty to look at," he managed to say, glancing down at his wrists and away from Vedran's gorgeous blue eyes. "Will you switch them for me, then?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 02:14 pm

Kallista laughed to herself at watching the two men dance around each other. For the moment she decided to step back and see what happened.

"You're probably right, V..." she said, turning her attention to a rack of hats, but still eying them surreptitiously from the corner of her eye, "I suck with colors."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 02:25 pm

"Of course," he answered, as Xavez stood by solicitously with the other cufflinks, looking on completely neutrally at the scene before him in a way that made Vedran feel unaccountably nervous. "And then just let me grab that other scarf."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 02:42 pm

Aleyn waited patiently as Vedran switched out the jet cufflinks for the jade ones. There was a moment when the half-elf's fingers slid lightly over the scarred skin of his wrist in a way that made him shiver, and he looked up to see if Vedran had noticed his involuntary response, but he seemed to be intent on the task at hand and didn't return the glance.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 02:51 pm

He didn't look up when he felt Aleyn's shudder, not wanting to see anything that might be reflected in his too-expressive eyes. He was feeling a little guilty already. He stepped back to give him another once over, made a slight face at the white scarf, and stepped back to fetch the green one he'd seen earlier. This he passed off to Xavez - he really had no business engaging in even unintentional flirting.

"I'll defer to the expert on this one," he explained, perhaps a bit lamely, gesturing vaguely at his own bare neck, and then turned around, seizing on the first opportunity he caught to distract himself for a few moments. "Any good hats over there, Kallista?"

Last edited by elanya on 08/05/12, 03:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 08/05/12, 02:54 pm

Kallista laughed, this time out loud.

"Nah, nothing that interesting over here", she said, shaking her head, "But there are certainly more interesting things than hats in this store."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 08/05/12, 03:46 pm

Delona emerged from a corner of the store, grinning widely. "Oh, sweetie, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised." The halforc paused in mid-step and stared at the transformation that had been wrought on their favorite sorcerer. "...okay yeah, the formal look works REALLY well for you. Here, try this one."

She had three different grey hats balanced on her arms and a black coachman hat perched jauntily atop her own head. Shifting the homburg to the same arm as the bowler, Del presented Aleyn with the fedora. "Maybe a feather or a sprig of greenery tucked into the band to tie it all together?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 04:07 pm

Vedran looked up again from ignoring Kallista's remark by examining some nearby belts, just as Aleyn settled the fedora on his head. And damn - the clothes (and knowing more what all they covered) had already brought him up from kinda cute to categories that really didn't bear thinking about, and the hat, somehow just when even beyond. He swallowed as he caught Aleyn's surreptitious glance his way, and then shook his head.

"Looks pretty well all tied up to me. *I*'m starting to feel under-dressed," he joked, but that wasn't really what was on his mind at all.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 08/05/12, 04:33 pm

"Well, we could always get you something nice too," Aleyn suggested, adjusting the hat so it sat slightly lower over his brow and giving Vedran a smile. "I mean, I wouldn't be the best person to judge what that is, I think you look great already, but I'm sure the girls would have helpful suggestions."

He looked around the store, trying to cover his little admission. "What else am I missing? A coat, I guess? Shoes? How many outfits do you think I need, anyway?" His mind started to try and tabulate how expensive this was likely to be, but got distracted thinking some more about going out later and whether he should try to sit next to Vedran or not.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 08/05/12, 08:37 pm

"Oh, ah, I have way more clothes than I need right now anyway." He returned the smile, but it didn't feel convincing even to him. He felt vulnerable, lost, and a little lonely, and though it lessened a little when Aleyn looked away, it didn't completely recede. "Maybe I'll get those black cufflinks if you're sticking with the jade," he rallied, "but yes. You need shoes for sure, and probably a few minor alterations on the stuff your wearing. I'm sure they have a jacket to match the pants, that's just a matter of fit."

"Indeed, sir," Xavez put in smoothly, continuing to pointedly ignore any undercurrents to the conversation unrelated to clothes and sales. "We carry a number of quality shoes. If you find a suitable pair, sir, I can mark the hem on the trousers. I think they may need to be taken in just slightly at the waist as well, for a better fit, and we can try the jacket at the same time."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 08/05/12, 09:04 pm

Delona's eyes widened at the perfectly tilted hat gave the most awesome final touch to Aleyn's look, then narrowed in suspicion as her brain assigned a motivation to all the glances. She shot Kallista a 'holy shit, seriously?' look before the suggestion that they help Vedran distracted her. "Pfft! Vedran's got the best fashion sense out of any of us, except maybe Warryn. Our mustachio'd mystery specializes in looking fabulous."

Banishing the distracting awesome of the hat-and-waistcoat combo from her mind, Del tried to focus on what else was needed. "Jacket is a definite, as is a good overcoat. I'm thinking two pairs of shoes and maybe three outfits for now? It'd have to be things that could be mixed and matched."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/07/17, 09:43 pm