Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping!

elanya
    God
    God

Re: Shopping!

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 01:25 pm

Vedran nodded in confirmation to the maitre d'h, who disappeared and returned shortly with an unopened bottle which he set on the table to uncork. He poured a small amount into a glass which, after a quick glace at Vedran for confirmation, he passed to Kallista to sample.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 03:05 pm

For a moment, Kallista looked confused, as though she had no idea what to make of the tiny amount of wine that the water had just handed her. She looked around, noting that suddenly all of the eyes at the table were on her, including the waiter who seemed to be expecting her to do something. She turned to Ciora, trying to find some kind of aid, but the girl merely smiled at her and squeezed her hand gently.

Kallista shrugged. When in doubt, act.

She lifted the glass to her lips and tossed the mouthful back in one gulp, wondering if maybe this what what rich people did instead of shots. The wine was slightly sweet and slightly sour, with a distinct fruity taste that Kallista found she enjoyed quite a bit.

"Mmmm... That's not bad!" she said to the waiter, but immediately she felt it must have been the wrong thing to say, as he stared at her somewhat aghast.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 03:57 pm

Vedran coughed politely, and the Maitre d'hotel's eyes widen, looking something like a guilty child for a brief instant before recovering his composure.

"That will be fine, thank you sir," the bard put in, dismissing him smoothly as he picked up the bottle to pour a full glass for Kallista, her date, Aleyn and finally himself.

"Of course Mi'lord," the man replied, sounding only slightly shaken. "Your server will be with you shortly."

As he turned tail to slink away, Vedran gave Kallista an apologetic look. "Sorry - I should have warned you. It's customary to give the lady of the table a sample to see if she approves the selection..." He grinned. "Usually it's just a sip, but I'm glad you approve."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 04:11 pm

"Oh, heh..." Kallista blanched, "Sorry..."

Ciora laughed lightly and squeezed her hand.

"You really are new around here, aren't you?" she asked the tiefling woman.

"I told you" Kallista said with a grin.

"If you want, I could give you some lessons in ettiquette one of these days. It's kind of my job to know how to act around rich people."

"That would be awesome" Kallista said with a widening grin, then leaned over and whispered something in Ciora's ear just as she was taking a drink of wine. The girl's face grew about three shades redder and she quickly swallowed and placed her wine back on the table, coughing slightly.

"That's... uhhh... that's really good wine" she said to nobody in particular.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 05:17 pm

"It is," Aleyn agreed, trying to put the ladies at ease. "You'll spoil us, Vedran, we won't be able to go back to the cheap stuff after this. Just like these new clothes," he added, brushing some imaginary dust off the sleeve of his coat with a smile.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 14/05/12, 05:19 pm

"Hello, dears, are we very late?"

Delona stood at Thruik's side and smiled down at the gathering around the table. She looked exceedingly unlike herself in her chic new finery; no weapons, green microbraids twisted into a bun at the nape of her neck, and an elegantly simple neoclassical gown (high-waisted and very low-necked with short sleeves) of vibrant blue with a sheer white overlay. Thruik was likewise dressed in the latest fashion, in a hunter green jacket and a high necked dark blue waistcoat with a black cravat.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 05:23 pm

"Well, we're still on the first bottle of wine, so I'd say you're in good time." Vedran gestured for the couple to sit, and then turned back to Aleyn with a grin. "Well, if we're lucky enough, you won't have to - though I believe there is a time and place for the cheap stuff."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 05:26 pm

"Well I could never wear something like this to work, that's for sure," Aleyn said, wide-eyed at the very thought of getting these clothes near acids and dyes and fire. "Hopefully you guys will forgive me if I don't throw all my old clothes out just yet."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 06:00 pm

"Oooooh..." Kallista said, when Delona and Thruik showed up, "You guys look awesome!"

She stood up and hugged them both before they sat down.

"Ciora, this is Thruik." Kallista said, gesturing to the orc, "He's a friend of ours from another adventuring group. Oh, and I think he's Del's boyfriend now."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/05/12, 06:30 pm

Thruik coughed as an uncomfortable look crossed his face. He tried to cover by holding out a chair for Delona as he gathered his thoughts.

"Ah, well, you look lovely tonight as well, Kallista."

He nodded in the direction of Kallista's date.

"A pleasure to meet you, miss."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 06:46 pm

"Oh, don't worry - I've seen what goes on in some of those labs, you're welcome to them." Vedran answered Aleyn with another grin before turning to the rest of the group. "And have you met Thru before? He's an old friend of mine... Thruik Oglaf, this is Aleyn Harrowden - he was supposed to be working for Monti, but we're stealing him."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 07:24 pm

"Pleasure to meet you," Aleyn said cheerfully, giving Thruik a friendly nod. "You look lovely, Delona, I like what you did with your hair. Here, let me pass you guys the wine. Vedran ordered it, so you know it's got to be good." He handed the bottle down the table to the new arrivals.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 14/05/12, 07:32 pm

Thruik took his seat, gratefully accepting the bottle of wine.

"Well, I've learned to rely on Vedran's taste when it comes to these sorts of things. I'm given to understand my palate isn't refined enough."

He smiled good-naturedly as he offered to fill Delona's glass.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 08:36 pm

"So everyone here is an adventurer but me?" Ciora said, "That must be exciting! I can't imagine some of the stories you folks must have."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 09:12 pm

"I've been out of the adventuring trade for a few years," Aleyn replied. "But I guess I'm being brought out of retirement. We'll see how that goes - I might have gotten out of shape and forgotten everything I used to know," he joked.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 15/05/12, 12:23 am

Del's grey complexion did absolutely nothing to disguise her blush at Kallista's brash announcement of her assumed relationship status. Sweet Lightning, they technically didn't even have a relationship yet. She shot Kal a disgruntled look, only ending it to give Thruik an apologetic smile as he pushed in her chair.

Annoyance thus expressed, Delona dropped the matter and nodded to their resident Kaboom expert. "You're looking pretty sharp, yourself, Aleyn. Thanks. It's pretty different from what I'm used to, but I think I like it. I might have to experiment a bit."

She chuckled softly at her maybe-date's self deprecation and moved her glass beneath the mouth of the wine bottle, her smile developing a touch of awkward shyness when directed at Thru. "Mine isn't either. Thank you."

Her smile lost it's shyness as she directed it towards Ciora, growing into a sly grin. "Everything has a story, but not all of them are worth hearing. My current favorite is the time Kallista and Tzesira nearly burned our friend's ship down." She wrinkled her nose teasingly at the tiefling.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/05/12, 07:22 am

Vedran gave Aleyn an exaggerated dubious look, but turned to Delona when she spoke. "Oh, yeah - I heard about that from Brenn, who was mostly recounting Yar's version. There was lots of swearing, as I recall."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/05/12, 07:50 am

"We did not 'Almost burn it down', we just kinda... singed it... a little..." Kallista said, sticking her tongue out playfully at Del, "Besides, I kinda couldn't help it. I was on fire myself at the time."

She took another drink of wine and laughed.

"Now if you really want a story, how about the time Tzesira beat two dragons to death with her fists in one fight."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 15/05/12, 07:54 am

"It seems like every group who adventure for a while have a story about the time they almost burned something down... or actually burned something down," Aleyn said, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled. "I'm glad that Brenn's ship came through OK - and you too, Kallista! There's an inn in Yondon that ... well, they've probably rebuilt it by now," he said, looking slightly abashed. "Alchemical firebombs, bad in confined spaces."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 17/05/12, 11:32 pm

"Hey... are *you* what happened to the Clearbrook? That was a nice inn."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 18/05/12, 10:25 am

Aleyn chuckled. "I can neither confirm nor deny those allegations. Mainly because, uh, someone's probably still angry about it. We did pay for our rooms, though, even though we never got to sleep in them..."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 18/05/12, 10:39 am

Kallista laughed.

"Good to know I'm not the only one who's accidentally almost burned stuff down, then. Everything around here is so flammable. You city folk use so much wood and clothe in everything you build. Granted, it's much more comfortable than stone, but still."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/09/17, 07:15 pm