Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping!

Curtana
    God
    God

Re: Shopping!

Post by Curtana on 12/05/12, 07:51 am

Aleyn nodded. "That's when we lost him. I mean lost literally - we never found a body that anyone could say for sure was his, but there were so many unidentifiable ones... He was supposed to be going to a factory there to consult with them about some specialized tubing they needed - my parents have, or well, had, a glass-making business - and just... never made it back. And that area was pretty badly hit, and there were fires, and... well, eventually, after a lot of searching, we had to accept that he was gone." He didn't sound as though he had really wanted to accept it - the resignation must have come after weeks of false hope and repeated disappointment.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/05/12, 09:54 am

"I'm sorry. The whole thing was just so awful, so many people lost, and even a lot of the survivors are still struggling. Jacinthe lost both her parents in Overlook too. We, most of the Thunderbolts anyway, were there when it happened. It was just after some training session or other, and we'd gone for dinner at the little orcish place just a few blocks down from the guild, where Roscoe used to live. We were some of the first ones on the scene, and most stayed helping until, well... Monti managed to get a job lined up for most about a month later, and my father finally told me to step away."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/05/12, 10:15 am

"I'm really sorry, that must have been so hard," Aleyn said sympathetically. He put a hand on Vedran's upper arm, which was propped up against the back of the couch, letting it sit there, both of them twisted towards one another. "Hard to lose people you care about, I mean, and then to have to walk away... I know what that's like. I tried to bury myself in work for a while, because at least I could feel useful, and not have to think about... other things. I mixed so much burn cream it was a bit ridiculous, really," he added with a hint of a smile. "I know you, well, your family did a lot to help too - it was appreciated."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/05/12, 10:21 am

Before Vedran could respond there was a distinct giggle from the direction of the private room where Kallista had been taken, followed by a low shushing sound. A moment later the door opened a crack and Kallista's head poked out around the corner, surveying the room for a moment before withdrawing again.

As Aleyn and Vedran watched curiously, the door finally opened and Kallista emerged, a wide smile on her face and a light bounce in her step.

"Ok boys!" she said cheerfully, "All done with measurements! Wanna help me pick out fabrics?"

After a few seconds, Ciora stepped out of the changing room as well, her mousy face several shades redder than it was when she'd gone in. She quickly smoothed out her slightly wrinkled blouse and scurried off towards the back of the shop with her notepad and tape measure.

Kallista leaned forward and whispered to Vedran and Aleyn excitedly, but low enough that the employees couldn't overhear.

"Also... I have a date for the play tonight!"

Last edited by tuck on 12/05/12, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/05/12, 10:34 am

Vedran sat up a and smiled as Kallista came over. "That's great, there should be plenty of space - I should see if Delona wants me to get a hold of Thru."

The half-orc chose that moment to step out of her dressing room, followed by her attendant, and he looked over at her with a questioning look. "I'm sure he'd love to, he likes theater as much as the rest of us."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 12/05/12, 05:31 pm

"If it's alright I'm just gonna leave my things- wait what? Thru?" Delona, swordless and shoeless, looked up and blinked as she realized that Vedran was talking to her. "I have no objections. I have the opposite of objections." She started to blush, which seemed to be becoming the usual reaction to the mention of Thruik. "It'd be very very nice to see him again, but I don't want to be all clingy and junk."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/05/12, 05:34 pm

Vedran grinned. "Oh, I don't think he'd find a little clinging objectionable, just don't forget the rest of us are there."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/05/12, 05:41 pm

Kallista giggled.

"I'll try to remember that too." she said with a wink.

At that moment Ciora emerged from the back room and Kallista caught her eye. The girl's face turned bright red once more and she hurried back to her post at a sewing machine.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/05/12, 05:48 pm

"I guess all the ladies will have dates tonight, then," Aleyn said with a smile. "Will Warryn likely be bringing a guest too? I'm sure he has to fend them off with a stick - my boss has a complete crush on him, at least, and she's incredibly picky! I think it's the mustache."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/05/12, 05:54 pm

"I dunno. The impression I get from Warryn is that he's got some stuff going on and is more or less keeping himself off the market. He's got that vampire roommate, but I don't think there is anything there, either." He shrugged. "Warlocks."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/05/12, 06:04 pm

Aleyn nodded. "Well anyway, yes of course, if you guys want a second opinion on fabrics, I'm sure we could take a look - though I'm probably just going to agree with whatever Vedran suggests to make myself look like I have any idea what I'm talking about," he said with a grin, standing up and stretching.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 12/05/12, 06:11 pm

"Or maybe he's off the market because of his sentient mustache." Del squished her hands beneath her nose in an approximation of Warryn's very impressive facial hair and wiggled her fingers while speaking in a spooky voice. "Oh noes, how could you cheat on me, I'm attached to your faaaaace." At which point she broke down into red-faced giggling.

"Okay so yeah." She took a few deep breaths, zenning herself back into calm. "Fabric help would be good. Have you seen Miss Lazar? She said she was going to go get design sketches."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 12/05/12, 06:26 pm

Aleyn couldn't help laughing at Delona's impression of the sentient mustache. "Careful, that rumor will be making the rounds now," he teased.

At that moment, Anise swept back over with a thick stack of paper in hand. "If you would care to peruse these sketches, ladies, they should provide you with inspiration and some idea of what we can do for you - although of course we can always make amendments to any of the designs if you have suggestions. We are here to make your visions a reality, after all!" She ushered them over to a table where they could spread out the sketches, and showed them a vast number of fabric samples lying nearby so that they could mix and match.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/05/12, 09:39 pm

Kallista practically bounced over to the table of sketches where she and Delona spent the next half an hour cooing and giggling over patterns and fabrics with occasional direction and interjection by Anise and her staff before finally settling on their dresses.

"Ooooooh, that was so fun!" Kallista said as they finally left the store with an appointment to return in several days for fittings.

"Where to next?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/05/12, 05:58 pm

Well, At this point we may want to swing back and pick up Aleyn's clothes, and then meet back up for dinner. Or, I suppose you don't *need* us for that..." Vedran eyed the sorcerer, thinking about that hat again. "Shall we just meet back up at the Chimera at 7, then?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/05/12, 07:16 pm

"Sounds good to me", Kallista said, "That'll give me time to hit a few more shops and head home for a bath before dinner."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 13/05/12, 11:41 pm

Aleyn bid farewell to the rest of the group in order to go pick up his new clothing, which seemed even more copious than he remembered. After lugging it home and taking a bit of extra time to try and bring his hair under control, he picked out the solid black ensemble, having been assured it would go with everything, and paired it with the green waistcoat. The hat, which Vedran had seemed to especially like, was the final touch. He barely recognized himself in the mirror.

Feeling more than usually nervous, he made his way to the Chimera for dinner...
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 12:29 am

As Aleyn turned the corner onto North Court Street, where Chimera lay half a block down, he saw two familiar women approaching the busy restaurant from the other direction. Kallista was dressed in a black dress that stopped above the knees, with red clawmark designs on the back and thighs. Holding her hand gingerly was the store clerk that she had disappeared with earlier, although with her long blue dress and her hair in a braided bun she looked very different from the mousy little thing he had seen earlier in the day.

"Aleyn!" Kallista yelled with a wave when she saw him, "You remember Ciora, right?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 06:09 am

"Certainly," he said with a smile, greeting the ladies politely. Eyeing the number of people going in and out of the restaurant, he had a moment of uncertainty about the size of their group, but then remembered who he was with - he was sure the hosts would somehow manage to find a table for the Thunderbolts. "Are we the first ones here?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 08:33 am

Vedran was not the type to leave these sorts of things to chance. While surely the staff would have been accommodating had the group shown up unannounced, it was polite to give advanced notice and you were generally assured of better location and service. He also wanted to be sure the dinner was put on his account, as his own way of saying thank you to his teammates.

That was one of the errands he'd stopped for before returning to his hotel - the other had been to stop by Thruik's to invite the orc to join them ("Of course Delona will be there - wear something snappy!"). Fortunately, though most of his things were still at home for the moment, his valet had foreseen his immediate needs for evening wear and finding something appropriate was less of a hassle than he'd feared. Settling finally on a blue jacket over a waistcoat of a darker shade, black trousers, and complimentary accessories, he set off for the restaurant expecting to be mostly on time.

He smiled as his cab let him off along side the little group who'd just come together outside. He paid the driver quickly, reminding himself as he did that he needed to be on best behavior tonight, and not to pay attention to, say, the way Kallista's dress showed off her marvelous legs, or the casually suggestive way she was flirting with her date, or that Aleyn looked amazing and that yes, the black hat had been the perfect choice, or how his waistcoat set off his eyes. The group was already drawing some attention, and as he didn't know Ciora at all, he wanted to minimize the risk of encouraging gossip.

"Evening everyone - they should have a table ready for us inside. We can have some drinks while we're waiting for the others."

tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 11:45 am

"It's a pleasure", Ciora said to Aleyn with a smile, "Kallista's been telling me all about you. Well... all of you, really."

She seemed a bit more confident now that she was outside of her work environment, but there was still a deferential note in her voice and the way she briefly curtsied at him.

"Heya Vedran!" Kallista said as he approached, throwing her arms around him in a friendly hug, "That sounds wonderful! I could kill for a drink!"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 12:14 pm

Aleyn had a hard time imagining what Kallista might have been telling this girl about him, but he smiled and nodded anyway, before his attention was pulled away by Vedran's arrival. The half-elf looked great, but that was to be expected, really - he always seemed to be perfectly put together. "Drinks it is, then," he said, smiling and holding the door for the others as they made their way into the restaurant.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/05/12, 12:37 pm

The maitre d'hotel, recognizing the party instantly, ushered them over to a table set for seven near the window - no doubt as much so that passers-by could see exactly who was dining there as for its other qualities. Vedran seated himself at the head of the table and smiled at the others assembled so far.

"Is wine alright? If yes, I'll start us off with a bottle of that '78 Chateau Brillant."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/05/12, 01:12 pm

Kallista took a seat near the head of the table, to Vedran's left, with Ciora seated next to her. As they got settled, Kallista casually laid her hand on top of Ciora's, their fingers entwining slightly.

"That would be perfect!" Kallista said to Vedran's wine selection. She looked inquisitively at Ciora, who nodded politely and smiled.

"We'll both have some" Kallista said.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 14/05/12, 01:14 pm

Aleyn took a seat across from Kallista, to Vedran's other side. "Sounds fine to me," he said regarding the wine selection. Well, it sounded expensive anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/11/17, 02:34 am