Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Shopping!

Curtana
    God
    God

Shopping!

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 08:55 am

Aleyn was mildly apprehensive as the group prepared to leave Roscoe's for a spontaneous shopping trip. Most of his shopping was done hurriedly and cheaply, and he had the feeling that wasn't what this was going to be. All right, so maybe he could use a better outfit or two... especially if they were going out later tonight, a thought that only increased his nerves. But most of them were going to be there, it sounded like, so that would be all right, nothing was likely to get awkward with a crowd there...right?

He mulled over the news that Vedran had moved out of his house and into an apartment, trying to decide what to make of that. He was sure it must have had to do with the conversation he'd overheard, but obviously couldn't ask - it was plain Vedran didn't want to talk about it anyway. Aleyn was sure that, whatever its future implications, it meant that Vedran was in a fragile state right now, and needed some comfort and moral support from his friends, not to deal with his pathetic pining. He decided to make an effort to pull himself together, and put on a cheerful smile.

"So, where are we going?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Re: Shopping!

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 11:19 am

Maybe this kind of frivolity would be just what he needed to get his mind of things for a while... Well at least if he could forget that their need for visibility had ulterior motives. Maybe, given the company, he could even enjoy himself - he did feel like he owed them to try, everyone was being so supportive. retail therapy could be just the thing.

Vedran eyed the remaining group, thinking. Warryn had deferred the expedition with regrets, but hoped to be able to rejoin then that evening. That left him as the resident fashion expert, but most of his clothes, other than adventuring gear, was bespoke. But he still knew of a few places he'd heard good things about, or where he'd picked up the occasional accessory or other odd and end.

"We can hit up The Crossing in Midcrest - there's a some good shops up that way."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 03:13 pm

Kallista's yellow eyes lit up at the mention of The Crossing.

"Ooh! Cruel Intentions is near there! It's where I get all my leather stuff!"

She scrunched up her eyebrows for a moment.

"Although...", she said doubtfully, "I don't think that's really the look you want to go for. Maybe we should try Lorgan's Outfitters. He usually has nice guy clothes."

She smiled at Aleyn, trying to reassure him about the expedition.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 03:42 pm

Vedran chuckled, but caught himself before he made any more untoward remarks.

"We can stop by Cruel Intentions if you like, Kalista - this doesn't have to be all about Aleyn. Or," he grinned mildly, "we can just clothe all of the team in tight black leather. You think that would go over well with Sir Dhenirigan?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 04:26 pm

Kallista grinned.

"Actually I'd had an idea along those lines..."

She saw the look of confusion of the faces of her friends and laughed.

"Not the tight leather, don't worry. I was just thinking that we should have some kind of coordinating outfits or maybe just emblems or something, you know, for recognizability. Maybe like a lightning bolt design or something."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 04:45 pm

"To be extra-visible?" Aleyn said with a smile. "I'd feel like I'm stealing your thunder... so to speak. I mean, I haven't done much worth mentioning, at least not in the last few years, not at the level you guys have. I'll settle for something that you guys wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with me wearing." He plucked at the sleeve of his coat, which seemed especially shabby now that he was actually paying attention to it. He hadn't noticed the little worn spots at the cuffs until just now.

"But Vedran's right - it shouldn't be just about me, you should all get some stuff too. That way," he added with a laugh, "most of the stores can slap a 'purveyors of fine clothing to the Thunderbolts' sign in their windows as soon as we leave." The 'we' felt weird still, but he smiled anyway, trying to get used to feeling like part of a team again.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 06:41 pm

"Well, Kallista, if you can convince Warryn, maybe he'd have some good ideas about how to pull it off. I mean, Roscoe doesn't wear clothes anyway, and, uh, Tzesira barely does."

He'd been watching for a cab once they'd reached the street, and flagged one down with a wave, holding the door open so the other three could pile in. It was a bit of a squeeze with four people, three of whom were tall, but better than walking halfway up the city.

"Midcrest, please," he called up to the driver as he settled across from the girls "The Crossing."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 07:18 pm

Squished in (extremely, distractingly close) beside Vedran, Aleyn tried to concentrate instead on not accidentally playing footsie with or kicking Kallista, who was seated across from him. He kept his legs scrunched up as best as he could - he had plenty of practice at that, at least. "So... if people ask why I'm joining you, what should we tell them? Just because you think I'm incredibly awesome?" he joked.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 07:33 pm

Kallista shrugged.

"Well, if someone is going to have to leave to go with..." she started to say, then glanced behind her at the coach driver outside the carriage, "...with... our friend, then it's not strange that we'd be picking up a new member or two to make up the shortfall."

"Besides, you are incredibly awesome!"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 07:59 pm

Vedran leaning his head back for a moment, closing his eyes and thinking that the jostling wasn't doing anything for his lingering headache. Still, he smiled. "And we can always just tell them we didn't have enough strikers."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 07/05/12, 08:04 pm

"Temporary addition to bolster our capabilities during Tzesira's leave of absence with possibility of permanent assignment. Besides, it's not like you have to go out with us on every mission. GM training is pretty time consuming and we don't want to steal you away from that. Unless you don't mind, that is." Delona smiled from her corner of the carriage, dragging her thoughts away from the contemplation of a Thunderbolts insignia.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 08:11 pm

"I can always spell you off on that some too," Vedran started to offer, and then paused, wondering if he was still going to be as bound to the city now. Well, maybe if this....whatever it was he was going to try to do in Undertow took off, he still would be. "I'm usually around more than the rest of the team anyway."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 08:15 pm

Laughing at the highly implausible 'not enough strikers' comment, Aleyn nodded to Delona's and Vedran's sensible words. "Yeah, I don't really know how all this will work out with my other commitments - but I'll figure something out, I'm sure. This is ...important to me." He looked down at his hands, not wanting to ruin their good mood.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 08:37 pm

"Are you still wanting to sign on as GM for the JEs?" Kallista asked, "They seem to be pretty fond of you, but I can understand if you don't want the added responsibility right now."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 08:40 pm

Aleyn looked back up at her, smiling with a hint of grim tension. "Maybe give me a few days to think about it - the situation could be totally different by then, after all. They're good kids, and they deserve someone who'll actually be around to help them."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 09:00 pm

"With all of us looking out for them, I think they'll be okay." Assuming everything worked out tomorrow, anyway, but that went without saying.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 09:17 pm

Aleyn was torn over whether to be relieved or disappointed when the cab pulled up at the edge of the Crossing, letting them clamber out and stretch their legs while Vedran paid the driver. Looking over the heads of the many other shoppers in the district, he was more than a little overwhelmed at the many options. "I... have no idea where to go," he admitted with a rueful grin. "Lead the way, I'll just do what I'm told."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 09:38 pm

Kallista grinned and grabbed Aleyn's elbow, leading him along the bustling streets.

"First we need to take care of the basics. Shirt and pants."

She looked around her with a grin and headed for the nearest male clothing shop, draggin Aleyn along behind her as she poked her head in at the stacks of fabric and clothes.

"This looks as good a place to start as any!"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 09:49 pm

Before he had a chance to open his mouth, Kallista had dragged Aleyn into the closest store, a haberdashery called Wegmans. He shrugged to Delona - it wouldn't be his first choice, but it couldn't hurt to look. They might be surprised, and also, he didn't want to come off as snobby.

Once he stepped inside however, he frowned slightly. "Well... let's not be too hasty."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 10:06 pm

Aleyn glanced to Vedran, as Kallista was busy shoving shirts and pants into his waiting arms. Help, he mouthed, eyes wide.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 10:11 pm

"Here," he offered, extricating the sorcerer from his burden, and passing them back to the overexcited tiefling. "Really the first thing to do is figure out your measurements. Why don't we try Olivier's? I think its just down the street from here, an I know they do fittings."

With luck, they'd be able to escape before they were set upon by a clerk.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 07/05/12, 10:13 pm

Kallista was caught off guard by Vedran as he passed her the pile of clothing.

"Awwwww..." she said with a slight pout, "Yeah, I guess so."

She glanced around the store casually and set the half rumpled pile down on a nearby table before following her friends out surreptitiously.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 10:23 pm

Aleyn followed Vedran down the street, pondering such vital questions as "how much clothing do you have to take off to do measurements?" and "... just how regrettable is the underwear I put on this morning anyway?" and "how is he so damn hot from behind?" They arrived at the aforementioned boutique, which seemed even to his untrained eye to be rather more high-class than the last one they'd tried - fewer items of clothing in piles, more hanging on racks or mannequins for display. He waited, expecting that Vedran might have more luck in getting the clerk's attention than he would.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 07/05/12, 10:37 pm

The clerk looked up from behind the registers as they entered, glossing briefly over Aleyn and eyes widening slightly as he recognized the three others. Straightening his shoulders, he put on his most solicitous smile. "Good afternoon, how may I be of service?"

Vedran smiled back politely. "My friend here is looking for some basic wardrobe elements - just the foundations for now - but he needs to be fitted first."

Now the clerk looked Aleyn over more critically. His shabby dress aside, he was tall, with a slight tendency to hunch which made his shoulders look narrower than they were. Not as skinny as he looked... Presumably he was some adventuring companion of the Thunderbolts, and in any case there was no sense in being rude when he had such opportunity to impress potentially illustrious clientele.

"Of course, please take off your jacket, sir, and step up over here." He indicated the dressing block, drawing his take from his pocket. "I am Xavez Olivier, and am please to be of service to any friend of the Thunderbolts. Lift your arms please, sir, and stand up straight..."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 07/05/12, 10:46 pm

Despite feeling even more self-conscious, Aleyn did as directed, taking off his jacket and climbing up onto the block. It was only a little like being on display... He drew his shoulders back, standing straight and holding his arms out for the officious little man's measuring tape. Fortunately he worked fast, prompting Aleyn to move when required, and only provoking a brief, startled "whoa!" when he took his inseam. That done, the clerk moved briskly off to locate some suitable items, ones that might require only slight adjustments. Aleyn stood there, possibly in mild shock, looking around uncertainly. "Was that it?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/11/17, 06:57 am