Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Splish Splash

tuck
    God
    God

Splish Splash

Post by tuck on 30/04/12, 04:57 pm

"Oh. My. God." Kallista said disgustedly as she stepped through the door into the union's female locker room, "This is, by far, the grossest shit I have ever seen."

From head to toe she was covered with a thick, viscous slime that smelled of putrescence and mold. She shook her arms sharply and droplets of it splattered onto the concrete floor. Kallista krinkled her nose and turned to the half-orc ranger behind her.

"I'm gonna be up half the night cleaning and oiling my leathers. I pray to the gods the smell comes out."

Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Re: Splish Splash

Post by Kitrazzle on 30/04/12, 11:23 pm

Delona entered the locker room after her teammate, still tense and radiating that certain 'omg bad day' aura that had kept them from being stopped with stupid questions before reaching their destination. While she didn't have nearly as much of the goo on her, she did have the detritus of rats and spiders to make up the difference.

"You and me both, sister. Whoever signed out that lab is gonna be at the top of our shit list for a month. I thought the frogs in Thanatopolis were bad, but this takes the cake."

Placing her swords in her locker, careful to not let the gross bits touch the change of clothes, Delona grabbed a handful of the 'ew gross' containment bags provided by the Guild's laundry service and tossed them onto the bench between her and Kallista.

"I don't wanna think about how much extra we're gonna have to pay for them to clean our clothes for us."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 08:40 am

Kallista unstrapped her shortsword and emptied the shurikens from her pockets, stashing them in her locker.

"You use the laundry service?" she asked, slightly incredulously, "They charge an arm and a leg and don't even give you a regeneration spell in return. Nah, I just wash my own stuff. Been doing it since I was a kid anyways."

She sighed and begen undoing the many steel buckles that held her armor in place. She carefully peeled off her chestplate, trying her best to keep the goo from getting on her leather shirt too much.

"Oh, sick..." she muttered to herself as strands of goo dripped from her armor, "This is some fucked up, repugnant shit, right here..."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 04:27 pm

"Only for the really gross stuff. Or when I'm just flat-out too exhausted. But the bags are useful." Suiting word to deed, Delona finished unbuckling her arm and dropped the hide into one of the bags she'd kept for her own use. "Besides, it's not like we can't afford it. What was it that guy said? 'Money is like manure. It isn't worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow.' Or something like that, anyway."

Delona waved a hand in a vaguely dismissive gesture as she dropped another piece of armor into the bag and started on the buckles going up her ribs. She hoped that if she rambled about enough weird things Kallista wouldn't get around to teasing her about her epic make-out session with Thruik at the after party.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 04:34 pm

Kallista tossed her leather breastplate onto a nearby bench and started stripping off the rest of her aromor, piece by piece.

"Meh..." she said, "Coin is coin. I never had much use for the stuff. It can make you comfortable, sure, but comfort can be a pretty insidious trap. I prefer doing things for myself when I can."

"Besides, I don't trust anyone to take care of my armor but me. This stuff has saved my life plenty of times now. It deserves some TLC."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 04:41 pm

"Well of COURSE we take care of our own armor. But there's nothing wrong with letting someone else take care of the clothes." Thud-ud went the chest and back pieces. "Comfort is awesome, especially when it's a novelty. It's when folks get so caught up that they're willing to make questionable decisions to maintain it, that's when there's a problem. That's when you get people like Raddok and Mister The Goat."

"What the hell-ass kinda name is that, anyway?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 04:56 pm

Kallista laughed, finally tossing her last bit of slimy armor into the pile and pulling off her leather gloves.

"I don't think that's his real name, sweetie." she said, "Besides, everyone in this city has crazy-ass names. I mean, who names their kid Warryn? It sounds like a nest of rats. And did you know that the word Ved-ran means "Cheese worm" in Primordial? I have been very careful not to tell him that."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 05:07 pm

Del choked on a snicker at hearing this new translation of their favorite bard's name. "Seriously? Sweet lightning, that's bad. Still, could be worse."

Sitting down on a goo-free part of the bench, Delona hurriedly loosened the laces of her boots and shucked them off, happily wiggling her toes. "Could have meant 'Toe jam' or something." Peeling off her tunic, she dropped it in the second bag. "Now I kinda want to make a list of what everyone's names mean. It'd be fun."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 06:38 pm

"Kallista means 'Beautiful Death'", she said with a grimace, "My mother chose it. Not exactly the most warm and fuzzy name for a kid."

She stripped off her shirt, revealing her bright pink skin, marred by the triangular scar on her stomach. She realized that her thoughts were beginning to lead her back to the cult once again and quickly decided to change the subject.

"So what do you think of Aleyn?" she asked with a grin.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 09:50 pm

"Not all together, no, but the 'Beautiful' part is good. Haven't got a clue what Delona is supposed to mean, but the closest I can come up with in elven means 'to beget fear'. Not a happy thing."

Stripping out of the last of her clothes, Del tossed them into the bag and pulled the drawstring shut. She left both bags on the floor in front of her locker and took out the little mesh toiletries bag before closing the door.

"Sounds like a girl's name." She blinked for a moment as her brain caught up with her tongue. "Oh, you meant what do I think of Aleyn the person! Braindead Del. Yeah, he's alright. Bit fussy, but he seems good at rolling with the metaphorical punches, and making things go boom is always awesome. Why?" Del narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "You're not trying to hook me up with him, are you?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 10:06 pm

Kallista laughed and stepped out of her skintight leather pants.

"Hah! No, I don't think that would work. Just trust me on that one. I'm pretty sure he prefers his adventure buddies with less boobs."

As if to accentuate her comment, Kallista glanced sideways at Delona, discretely running an appreciative eye over her.

"Besides, I saw you cuddling up to Thruik last night..." she added with a wink, "So spill! how far did that go?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 10:32 pm

Delona paused in reaching for the towels and tilted her head to one side as she considered the new insight into Aleyn's preferences. "Yeah, I can see that. He's gonna have to dress better if he wants much of a chance."

Aaaand now the floodgates were opened. Del hunched her shoulders a bit in embarrassment, a blush marching down her neck as she shrank in on herself. "...there may or may not have been bone melting make-outs?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 10:38 pm

"Ooooooh, bone-melting, huh?" Kallista said, her grin widening, "That sounds pretty good! So are you two a thing now?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 10:45 pm

Del stayed facing the towel shelves, fidgeting as the blush continued to spread. Praise Avandra that no one else was there witness this. "I, eh, um, uh, Iiii don't know. We were kinda too drunk to discuss anything and I haven't seen him today."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 01/05/12, 11:04 pm

Kallista fought hard not to giggle as Delona blushed.

"Well, he's a good guy, and he's pretty cute. There's certainly worse people you could have picked for drunk make-outs. Or drunk sexings for that matter."

She turned the dial for the shower and waited for the water to start. She tested it with one finger, although she knew it never got hot enough for her tastes.

Suddenly a thought occurred to her.

"Wait a sec..." she said, "Del have you ever... you've never..." she made a circle with her thumb and forefinger and poked it repeatedly with a finger on her other hand.

"...done it, have you?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 01/05/12, 11:55 pm

Kallista's preliminary approval loosened some of the tightness in Del's shoulders. A dreamy little smile formed as she thought of her crush.

"Yeah, Thruik's awesome. He's intelligent and well read and handsome and suuuuch a gentleman. Hmmmmm..."

The sound of Kallista's shower startled Del out of her memories of Thru walking her home. She hurriedly spun her own dial and hung the little bag from it, setting the water a bit hotter then her preferred lukewarm to make the goo-removal easier. She'd just finished taking her hair out of the topknot when the strange note of disbelief in Kallista's voice made her look up. She blushed again, looking more defensive then anything. "Course I have...just not often."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 02/05/12, 08:44 am

Well that was a relief. Kallista had no problem talking bout sex, but she hadn't really been planning to have to give anyone The Talk anytime soon.

"Heh, my bad then", she said, "I just know you've always seemed a lot more reserved about that kinda stuff than some of us. But yeah, Thruik's a good guy."

"Not quite as handsome as Brenn, mind you..." she added impishly.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 02/05/12, 11:19 pm

"I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a dojo." Delona shrugged and soaped up a scrub brush. She was in no mood to take her time with getting clean.

She snorted at Kallista's tease. "If that's the sort of guy you like then, well... There's no accounting for taste." She dismissed the idea of Brenn with another shrug and an unsuccessfully hidden smirk. This was gonna be fun.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 03/05/12, 02:01 pm

"Hah!" kallista laughed as she stepped into the shower, "I guess you like your guys a bit bigger than mine..." she paused for a moment and arched one eyebrow.

"Wait... fuck... that didn't come out right. I meant... like... height-wise. I mean Brenn's size is just fine... errr, I mean... not fine. It's great! Oh fuck, you know what I meant."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 03/05/12, 02:31 pm

Delona caught the unintentional innuendo about the same time that Kallista did and burst out laughing. The pretty little tiefling's attempts to backtrack just made it worse; she was laughing so hard that she had to lean against the wall to keep from falling over.

"Looking up at a guy is awesome," Delona managed to tease between gasps and chortles, "but I was thinking more in terms of...experience? Seriously, married to a donkey!" Her chortles turned into giggles. "That is never gonna stop being funny!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 03/05/12, 02:45 pm

Kallista smiled, glad that she was at least amusing someone with her verbal fumblings.

"Hey, don't knock experience. Just means he's knows what he's doing is all. Hell, he knows tricks that even I'VE never heard of."

"Besides..." she added as she began scrubbing the goop out of her short, red hair, "The donkey was a drunken fluke. Could've happened to anyone. And he got the marriage annulled, so aside from the alimony that's completely behind him."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 03/05/12, 02:49 pm

"Ali-!" Delona broke down into giggles again, but managed to retain enough composure that she could start scrubbing away the gunk in earnest.

"You make an excellent point. And I'm sure so does he, heeheeheeheehee!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 03/05/12, 03:09 pm

"You have no idea how great his points are!" Kallista said with a laugh.

She rinsed the soap from her hair and let the hot water stream over her for a little while, enjoying the feel of it. Before coming to the Explorerer's Union she had rarely been able to afford luxuries like hot showers, and she still had an intense appreciation for them. She knew she owed the union a lot. She owed Nerath a lot. And she intended to do her best to repay her debts. Her insistence on investigating the Highmark Tragedy had stemmed from that desire, but so far all it had brought them was trouble.

"So what do you think about this Sorrow Makarta business?" she said eventually, as her thoughts finally caught up with her.
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 03/05/12, 03:58 pm

"I don't know and I don't care what's in Brenn's underwear!" The silly little sing-song verse suited Delona's oddly jubilant mood. Having to clean off the bits and pieces of foes didn't usually see her so cheerful. Perhaps it was the company and conversation. Having a friend to gossip with was...comforting.

"Hm?" Del paused in massaging hair oil into her scalp and looked across at Kallista. "I think we're in for a shitton of trouble. And I really hope that Cheese Worm has a plan, because I can't think of one that doesn't involve trying to ambush the unambushable."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 04/05/12, 09:52 pm

Kallista nodded.

"I hope so too. I have a bad feeling about this one. Especially with Tzesira gone again. I always feel a bit out of sorts when she's not with us. Especially when she storms off like she did this time. I feel like we're getting in over our heads on this whole situation, but the only way out is through, you know?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/07/17, 05:43 am