Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

The Responsible One

Curtana
    God
    God

Re: The Responsible One

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 01:29 pm

Aleyn laughed, blushing slightly. "Yeah, I know the type. Since I am one and stuff. I'll keep my eyes peeled, then."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 01:33 pm

Kallist smiled at the two men drunkenly and her eyes settled on Vedran's empty glass.

"Oh hey!" She said, reaching down the front of her dress with absolutely no discretion, "Let my get that for you!"

She pulled out a silver monogrammed flask that Vedran reccognized as Brenn's and quickly unscrewed the cap, holding on to Aleyn with one hand to steady herself as she reached out her other to pour some of its contents into Vedran's glass.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 01:37 pm

It took a fair amount of resolve to smile instead of sigh as the trickle of dark amber liquid filled his glass almost to the spilling point. He raised his eyebrows.

"I bet *you* don't even know what's in there, do you?" He sniffed it cautiously, and sniffed.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 01:39 pm

"Clearly the answer is for you to try it and tell us," Aleyn said with a grin. "And if it's good, I'll have some too."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 01:42 pm

Kallista scrunched her eyebrows in thought for a moment and then took a swig directly from the flask.

She grimaced slightly and then smiled.

"Oh right! It's something from Brenn's private stash. Try it!"

She proferred the flask to Aleyn with a giggle.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 01:43 pm

Looking first from the one to the other, he shrugged and took a sip. Ahhh.... that was a good burn. And this was going to be criminal. "Needs ice - I'll be right back."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 01:48 pm

Aleyn took a healthy swig from the flask as well, knowing it would probably go straight to his head - and other areas as well, and not really caring just at that moment. "This B.A. person has good taste," he said, passing it back to Kallista. "But are you seriously going to put ice in that?" he asked Vedran.

Last edited by Curtana on 16/04/12, 06:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 01:55 pm

Vedran smiled politely and shrugged.

"It's an acquired taste, I guess." he said, and turned to find the nearest ice bucket.

Kallista took the flask back and took a long swig before returning it to her dress. While doing so she stumbled and managed to expose her ample chest to the entire room, eliciting several whistles from nearby party goers. She winked at them and turned back to Aleyn.

"Hehe!" she giggled, "Brenn doesn't fuck around when it comes to liqu... *hic* liquor."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 02:00 pm

"But when it comes to other things...?" Aleyn asked with a suggestive smile. Kallista's chest held limited interest for him, but it seemed polite to give her a grin and a wink anyway.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 02:07 pm

Kallista giggled.

"Oh, he does plenty of that!" she said, "Luckily I am in a position to be the recip... recipent... recipient of both of his hobbies."

She stood on her tiptoes for a moment and tried to spot Vedran in the crowd, but failed.

"Sooo..." she said, turning back to Aleyn, "Any luck getting V to loosen up?"

She raised one eyebrow and thought about what she had just said.

"Metaphorically."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 02:20 pm

Aleyn blushed still further, even his ears turning red. "Not really," he told her. "He seems a bit preoccupied, to be honest. I'm not really sure what to do."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 02:24 pm

"Oh poo." Kallista said with a frown, "He's too stuck up for his own good. He's got this whole weird thing about sex. Don't take it personally."

Suddenly her face brightened.

"Hey! You could always join me and Brenn if you want. I'm sure he'd be willing."

She stopped and thought for a second.

"Wait... have you even met Brenn?"

Last edited by tuck on 16/04/12, 02:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 02:31 pm

"Uh, no, I haven't," Aleyn said, looking still more flustered. "It's really nice of you to offer, but I don't want to impose or anything. It's been so long since I slept with a woman - and I didn't even know what I was doing then, it's really not my area of expertise, so probably you'd have more fun without me anyway..." He tried to stop babbling, failed, but did manage to make some effort to change the subject. "I don't think he's stuck up anyway - it wasn't like he was insulted, he just didn't even really notice - not that I was being really obvious, at least I don't think I was, but he's just... like I said, thinking about other stuff." He wound to a halt, looking vaguely panicky.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 02:39 pm

He'd finally managed to dispose of his mystery drink, pawning it off on Zarus, a bugbear barbarian from one Monti's other teams that he'd been dealing with recently, and fins something that more or less resembled coffee, or that should at least keep him a little more alert. He'd been debating whether he should abandon Kallista and Aleyn to their own devices, but from what he could see of the red shade on the sorcerer's face at the moment, it seemed particularly cruel.

"Who's thinking about other stuff? Really, Kallista, leave the poor man alone, I'm pretty sure he doesn't play for your team."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 02:45 pm

It took Kallista a moment to figure out what Vedran was referring to.

"My team?" she said, "Well, no he's not on the Thunderbolts. I mean... oh. OH!"

She blushed a deep crimson but still seemed confused.

"No, no, he's on your team. I mean... wait, no, that's not right either. What are we talking about here?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 02:46 pm

Aleyn looked from one to the other, baffled and completely unable to form a coherent sentence. "I, uh, not sure." He gave Vedran a beseeching 'HELP ME' look.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 03:12 pm

The eyebrows went up at Kallista's stammered statement, but he took a long sip of his coffee. Seeing the two of them so flustered was amusing, and a spate of glib answers that would have done nothing to resolve the other man's anxiety came quickly to mind. Tonight, however, he wasn't especially in the mood to play along any further. "Clearly, I think we're discussing the dangers in overindulging in Brenn's private stash."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 16/04/12, 03:18 pm

Kallista stammered for a moment, trying to think of what to say to that, but luckily a loud cry of "Ok, where is it?!" from across the room caught her attention. She stood on her tiptoes and looked out over the crowd to see Alia standing on the other side of the large room with her arms crossed over her very naked chest. As she giggled to herself Alia looked her way and for a moment the two locked eyes.

"Oh shit!" Kallista said, nearly dropping the flask, "Gotta run!"

She quickly waved to both of her friends with a grin as she ducked down and speedily made her way to a nearby doorway.

"Stop that tiefling!" Alia yelled from across the room as she ran after her awkwardly, but by then Kallista was already out of the room.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 03:20 pm

Aleyn looked immensely relieved. Perhaps he had forgotten he was holding the missing shirt. "I'm really, really sorry," he began, trying to reclaim a little bit of dignity and coherence. "You're right, that stuff is stronger than I thought."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 06:04 pm

Someday, he sensed, he might have to have the 'guy're a nice guy, but..." talk with Aleyn. Tonight, though, he already had more than enough to worry about, and the coffee didn't seem to be doing much to help his growing headache, so he just shook his head. "I told you it was a dangerous crowd. I hope she wasn't giving you too hard a time - she can be pretty forward."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 06:09 pm

"I noticed!" Aleyn said, wide-eyed and still blushing. "She invited me to have sex with her and this Brenn guy, who I don't even know, and... I probably sounded like an idiot trying to say no without offending her."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 06:18 pm

"Oh?" He smiled, battling with confused emotions and half-formed mental images at the thought of Brenn-Kallista three-ways, or any other kind of three-ways that came to mind from past memories, or dreams... Probably he was lucky that bitterness won out. It was certainly better than the misplaced guilt that was trying to wrap its cold hand around his spine. "Well," he shrugged, "he probably would be drunk enough by this point but really - don't worry about it. She's not gonna remember what you said five minutes from now, let alone when she's sober."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 16/04/12, 06:23 pm

Meanwhile!

Once they finally calmed down from laughing at the antics of Kallista and Alia, Thruik and Delona turned their attention back to each other and were surprised to find themselves holding hands across the small table. After a moment of mutual indecision, Delona quickly twined her fingers around his before Thruik had a chance to get embarrassed and take his hand away. Smiling and blushing at each other, the cleric topped off their glasses of plum wine and they returned to their flirtatiously geek discussion of elvish poetry.
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 16/04/12, 06:30 pm

Aleyn looked both relieved and, maybe, a little disappointed. It would have been nice to think that people (certain people in particular) would be interested in having sex with him without having to be drunk, but evidently that wasn't the case - or not even if they were drunk, apparently. "That's probably for the best," he said, mustering a faint smile. "Thanks for rescuing me, anyway."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 16/04/12, 07:01 pm

"Hey, no problem - I know she doesn't give up easily." He wished he hadn't said it after he did, but he'd been distracted by a glimpse of Thru and Delona being really quite adorable. He wanted to be happy for them without the side dish of guilt and envy, but apparently his mood had been thoroughly spoiled. His reaction was embarrassing, and he really wished that he could keep in mind that he was supposed to be having a good time, celebrating, that he had earned and deserved this. If only everything would stop happening all at once, maybe, he could catch a breath, or find his footing, or some other metaphor for getting a handle on his life, which was completely evading him at the moment. The soulful look Aleyn was giving him was not helping matters, and he felt himself flush with some mixture of shame and embarassment.

"Wow - is it hot in here? Maybe coffee was a bad idea."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/11/17, 07:53 pm