Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

The Next Generation

tuck
    God
    God

Re: The Next Generation

Post by tuck on 11/04/12, 10:32 am

"Well, when I first started here I didn't really know anyone. I was new to Highmark and adventuring, and I really didn't have anything to do in my off time. Monti mentioned at one of our meetings that they were looking for volunteers to lead a new group of JE's, so I figured why not? I grew up with ten half siblings, so I certainly know how to deal with kids."

"Besides", she added, "Kids just make more sense to me. They don't have as many preconceived ideas. They're more honest and open. I guess that's why I do volunteer work at the orphanage, too."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 11/04/12, 11:01 am

"Wow, ten," said Aleyn, eyes widening. "I have six younger siblings and I always figured that was a lot, but ten is impressive. I know what you mean, growing up with lots of kids around makes it easier to know how to relate to them. Hopefully I'll be able to do all right with these ones."

He tapped his fingers on the coffee cup, nervous. "I was saying to Vedran earlier that I worry a bit about the responsibility - about how I'd cope if anything happened to them. I know how much can go wrong, and I might not be able to help if it did... I'm just scared to face that. Vedran seemed to think it was a lot like being a parent, and... well, that's pretty terrifying too," he said with a shrug.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/04/12, 11:19 am

"Well, it is a lot of responsibility", Kallsita said, "I mean I see how much Monti does for us and how much we rely on her sometimes. I don't think I could ever do her job."

She patted Aleyn's arm reassuringly and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, though. I won't say it'll be easy, but they're a good bunch of kids, and they're smart. They know a lot more than I did when I got into this and I think I turned out okay. Just do what you can and follow your instincts. You'll be great."
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 11/04/12, 12:06 pm

Aleyn looked a little bashful at her encouragement. "Thanks, I hope so." He finished his coffee with a swing and set the cup down. "I'm looking forward to meeting them, whenever you feel like introducing us."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/04/12, 12:12 pm

Kallista finished her coffee as well and put her cup down. She glanced up at the magical clock hanging over the chow line.

"Well, training doesn't start for an hour yet, but Ashar-shan and Galway are usually hang out around here most of the day. Wanna head down to the training rooms and see if they're there?"
    Curtana
    God
    God

Post by Curtana on 11/04/12, 12:22 pm

"Sure, that sounds great," said Aleyn, more unfolding his lanky body from the chair than standing. "Thanks for all this, Kallista."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/04/12, 01:48 pm

"Don't mention it." Kalista said as she stood up, "It means a lot to me to know that the guy who's gonna be taking over my gang has a good head on his shoulders."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/09/17, 06:50 am