Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

You should probably get that looked at...

elanya
    God
    God

You should probably get that looked at...

Post by elanya on 09/04/12, 07:50 pm

Vedran asked his driver to wait with the carriage for a few moments as he fetched the other passengers for the trip up to the Registry in Overlook, where they kept records of all those with officially recognized Nerathi Dragonmarks. He'd worn what he called his 'dealing with Jerks' clothes - well tailored but not ostentatious elven robes with a few pieces of equally quality jewelry in addition to his wedding band, because jerks were what he was expecting. Del wasn't even a protected citizen, but he would have laid money that the mark she now sported would be classified as belonging to one of the recognized houses. In his limited experience, most of the registrars didn't like dealing with the unexpected and had particular ways of making this known to the applicants. Still for all that, he knew they were honest, and the recognition could help his friend if she did decide to apply for official PC status.

The half-elf wandered up to the dojo's entrance, gave a polite bow as he entered, and smiled at the pair he found waiting for him there.

"Fionn, Delona - are we ready?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Re: You should probably get that looked at...

Post by Kitrazzle on 09/04/12, 11:40 pm

The elven war hero and halforc adventurer were sitting in the front courtyard while they waited for their punctual compatriot, meditating on a stone bench. To be more precise, Delona was trying to meditate while Halatir guided her through the exercise with a soft voice. Knowing better then to open her eyes at the sound of the opening gate, she continued her regulated breathing until she felt her master rise to give a polite bow of his own. Del smiled up at Vedran in welcome and rose to perform her own bow; she was determined to be on her very best behavior today. "As ready as we're going to be."

Both master and protege were dressed in their own versions of "dealing with jerks" clothes - respectable well tailored robes of expensively high quality with little in the way of jewelry besides their swords. Recognizing that their day might go a little smoother if the only thing that could be held against her was her race, Delona was freshly dyed and coiffed and polished to within an inch of her life. Yesterday's visit to the spa had been surprisingly relaxing in spite of her nerves.

Settling into her friend's carriage, Delona flashed a grateful smile to Vedran. "Thanks, Vedran. I can't tell you how much this means to me."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/04/12, 05:58 pm

"Well, I'll be honest. They're probably going to give you a hard time, and I want to see if I can help mitigate that at all. It must have been a shock to you though?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 11/04/12, 09:37 pm

"I kinda expected that there would be bitching and complaining and as much bureaucratic nonsense as they could think of. But yeah, shock is a good way of describing it. Two-fold, actually. Getting my own source let me realize that someone had already put a Sentinel spell on me. Can't really tell how old it is or what it's for, but I'm willing to bet it's been there for a while."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/04/12, 10:43 pm

Vedran blinked, glancing over at Halatir, unsure if this was also news to the older elf as well. "A Sentinel spell? Some kind of ritual?" He frowned briefly. "Have you talked to Roscoe or Dheni about looking at it? or do you know what it does?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 12/04/12, 06:18 pm

"I had them take a look on the trip, they don't know what's up with it. All that we know is it didn't originate from me. Come to think of it, I never did get around to seeing if the others had something similar..." Delona frowned. That really had been remiss of her. Knowing if the others had it as well would have at least determined whether or not it was a recent development having to do with the attention they'd gotten during the Investigation. Well, no time like the present. She raised her hand, poised to touch Vedran. "May I?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/04/12, 06:21 pm

Vedran raised his eyebrows - he could detect magic himself, of course, but it hadn't occurred to him to actually do so on himself. "Of course - go ahead. Is the effect on you still active?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 15/04/12, 05:23 am

Delona gingerly held Vedran's wrist with her fingertips, thumb right on the pulse point in order to aid an appropriately meditative frame of mind, and let her eyes go out of focus.

Ooooo, his magic felt pretty...

"Oh yes. But on you?" She blinked her way back into the physical plane and smiled as she let go of his wrist. "Not even a whisper of Sentinel tomfoolery." Delona leaned back with a contemplative frown. "The effect on me is still going strong, but I don't know enough to figure out what it's there for. I'll go on a library spree after the fight and see what I can turn up. Will they do any sort of Detection at the Registry Office?" The last thing she needed was for someone to notice the foreign magic on her and assume she was some sort of criminal under surveillance.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 15/04/12, 10:17 am

Vedran nodded, glad to have that confirmed. "It might be worth checking one of the others who were with you on that mission, as well, but I'm betting this is something more to do about you. I miiiiiiight be able to find someone who knows more about the Sentinel marks, but no promises, and they might be able to help too. As for the registry, they have a ritual that confirms the authenticity of the Mark, but it's pretty fast and as far as I could tell it isn't any more invasive than that." He smiled reassuringly. "Lots of people might have magic and rituals on them that it would be impolite to pry in to - really its none of their business."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 25/09/17, 01:48 pm