Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World


    New Friends

    Share
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    New Friends

    Post by elanya on 07/04/12, 12:24 pm

    Once again, Vedran wound his way through the inner halls of the massive Explorer's union complex on his way towards Monti's office, this time with a sleeping Macen strapped to his chest. That morning he'd received an express courier from Grimfar with a message from Delona, saying all was well with the Thunderbolts (and an amusing post script to be sure to say hello to Thru for her, which he completely intended to carry through on as soon as he saw the Orcish cleric). This was a great relief on some levels, but it also meant the group would be due back in Highmark at any time in the next day or so, and it was time to start the final push in preparing for the public spectacle they were arranging for the team's level 5 test - the grudge match against the Adventurer's guild. They weren't calling it that officially, but everyone knew what it was.

    The halfling might not be in this morning, but he wanted to give her a heads up as well. Popping his head inside the waiting area near her office, he was surprised to see someone else waiting outside her closed door. He thought he might have seen the tall human around the guild at some point, but there were still a lot of people he hadn't met, even on the other teams she managed. Vedran gave a friendly smile.

    "Oh, hi - do you know if Monti is in?"


    Last edited by elanya on 07/04/12, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 07/04/12, 12:48 pm

    The stranger looked up from the handful of papers he was holding and then down at the half-elf, who was slightly shorter than him. "Well, I was expecting her to be here, but I guess she's not."

    He was probably somewhere around thirty, thin and long-limbed, gangly really, with black hair that looked as if he hadn't brushed it that week, several days' worth of scruff, and a beak of a nose that looked as if it had been broken at least once, maybe twice. His clothing was worn, nothing fancy, a bit threadbare in places, and his drab blue coat might have been made for someone else, since his wrists stuck out of its sleeves by a few inches.

    He juggled his papers around so that he could offer his hand to the newcomer, friendly - even if the hand he stuck out was short two fingers and had some seriously angry-looking scars all the way around the wrist. "I'm Aleyn. I don't think we've met."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 07/04/12, 01:01 pm

    "Vedran - pleased to meet you." He took the offered hand and wondered at the scars - they were clearly older, but if they'd never been healed there must be some kind of story behind them. "And Macen," he added, waving at the sleeping child snuggled against his chest, mostly invisible in his carrier save for his shock of autumn orange hair and tiny finely pointed ears. "I don't think we've met before either - are you from one of her other parties?"
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 07/04/12, 01:12 pm

    "Uh, no," Aleyn said with a lopsided smile. "I'm training to become a GM, and I'm supposed to be observing her today, but I must have missed her, or else she's not here yet, or juuuust possibly I'm in entirely the wrong place." He ran a hand through his hair, which only made it stick up in more ridiculous ways. "I'm pretty sure this is where I'm supposed to be, though. Oh," he said, grinning more broadly, "right, I know you! - well, of course I don't actually know you-know you, but I know of you, anyway. Thunderbolts, right? You have that big test coming up?"
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 07/04/12, 01:39 pm

    His smile turned a bit bemused at the other man's flustered answer. "My mistake - but yes, it looks like the others are going to be back in the city soon, and I just wanted to let her know. Her schedule's been a little chaotic lately, but you're definitely in the right place." He glanced around the office for a moment considering. "If she's not here, it might be that something came up that she had to take care of... And who knows how long she could be."
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 07/04/12, 01:53 pm

    Aleyn nodded, taking a deep breath and trying to compose himself. All right, so the guy was incredibly hot, but the baby strapped to his chest might as well have been a great big NOT AVAILABLE sign, so there was no point in getting too excited, because it would accomplish nothing but making him nervous, which would make him say increasingly stupid things, which would be awkward for everyone... He realized suddenly that he hadn't spoken for several seconds, and that Vedran was looking somewhat puzzled.

    "I'm in no hurry," he said, biting back the impulse to give him a flirty smile, toning it down to what he hoped would just come off as friendly. "I just hope nothing's wrong, you know?"
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 07/04/12, 09:16 pm

    Aleyn, as far as he could tell, was a giant ball of nerves. But if he was just being tossed into things today, that might at least account for some of it. "I'm sure she's fine," he said reassuringly, "She may have gotten called over to the Adventurer's Guild for more meetings - sorting out the arena details and such. They've been jerking us around some on the process, organizing meetings and not letting us know until the last minute. I think they're hoping that if no one can make it they'll be able to grab some kind of advantage. Have you been waiting here long?"
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 07/04/12, 11:16 pm

    Aleyn fumbled with his papers once again, so that he could pull out a pocket watch. "About half an hour? I wasn't so much worried about Monti," he continued, "more about whatever poor suckers might be in a tough situation that would require her help. I guess that might be you, though. Er, not that you're a sucker," he added hastily, with a disarming smile. "I'm sure you're not."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 08/04/12, 12:00 am

    He couldn't help but chuckle at that, shaking his head. "Oh I don't, I could probably turn you up some evidence to the contrary... But anyway, I guess I'll leave her a note for now." He glanced down as Macen squirmed a bit, trying to decide if he was just getting comfortable or on the verge of waking up. The little elf yawned and rubbed his eyes - still tired, perhaps, but near waking. Vedran sighed, the tiredness and stress of the past few weeks showing in his face for a moment. He'd been coming down to the guild house pretty regularly even without anything much to report,just to be somewhere where he felt he could be even halfway useful. If Monti wasn't around, though, there wasn't a whole lot to keep him there at the moment, and he didn't feel like heading home just yet.

    "Are you planning to just wait around here? I mean, you could leave her a note as well. I was thinking of going down to the mess hall to see about lunch, if you'd care to join me."
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 08/04/12, 12:10 am

    Aleyn was torn. He felt a certain obligation to try and do things right, especially on his first day, but then again, leaving Monti a note telling her where he'd gotten to was probably more sensible than continuing to wait by her door for what might be ages. And besides... lunch with a gorgeous guy, even if he was probably completely uninterested and unavailable, was nothing to sniff at. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea," he said, hoping he wasn't making a terrible mistake. Friends, he thought to himself, friends would be good, nothing wrong with friends...

    Finding a spare piece of paper among his notes, he scribbled a message to Monti - left-handed and, it had to be said, very messy, as if it wasn't the hand he had learned to write with.
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 08/04/12, 12:30 am

    "Great!" He smiled - there was something about Aleyn that almost reminded hi of an older Cael, and he didn't think it was just that they were of similar build. Fishing thought his shoulderbag, he managed to find a spare notebook under a couple of stuffed animals and some clean diapers, jotted off his own short missive to leave in the GM's inbox. That done, he waved his companion out into the hallway and made towards the messhall. "Is this your very first day? I've been sort of semi-officially shadowing her for a little while now... She really is the best in the guild. But if you have any general questions I might be able to help."
    avatar
    Curtana
    God
    God

    Posts : 1588
    Join date : 2012-04-03

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Curtana on 08/04/12, 09:51 am

    "I guess you could say it's my first day back," Aleyn said as they walked in the direction of the mess hall. "I used to be an adventurer, but I took a break for the past couple of years, to clear my head - spent the time working on my alchemy, reading, nothing too strenuous - but somehow this place managed to suck me back in."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: New Friends

    Post by elanya on 08/04/12, 01:33 pm

    (annnnd then we decided to finish in IRC because it was faster and I wanted to wrap it up before we actually had the LVL 5 test in session :3)


    * Vedran smiles at that, ruffling Macen's hair as he start to wake up
    <Vedran> Oh? I wondered - my experience is that they try to recruit from withing for that sort of thing
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Aleyn> Yeah, I guess I have an advantage, already having a pretty good idea how it works.
    <Aleyn> From the adventuring side, anyway.
    * Vedran chuckles
    <Vedran> Yes, that sounds about right for how they suck you in...
    <Aleyn> Exactly. When I left I told myself that was it, no more, but ... here I am.
    * Aleyn shrugs, smiling.
    <Vedran> I expect it would be hard to transition to a mundane job... I know some people just retire off their loot, but I think I would get bored after a while.
    * Vedran frowns a little, looking down at the squirming mass strapped to his chest, thinknig that maybe 'bored' isn't the right word, and also that *someone* needed to be changed....
    <Aleyn> It was good for me to have a break... I mean, I probably needed it. But working in a shop or something didn't really appeal to me.
    * Vedran nods, looking around for a place they might be able to stop for a moment
    <Vedran> Yes, I can imagine....
    * Aleyn notices Vedran's search.
    <Aleyn> Anything wrong?
    <Vedran> Just a moment... My apoligies, but I really need to change him *before* he starts crying -_-
    <Aleyn> Oh, sure, of course.
    <Aleyn> Is he your, uh, son?
    <Vedran> That he is, yes :)
    <Aleyn> . o O (Of course.)
    <Aleyn> Cute :)
    * Vedran spots a likely looking becnk and sets down his bag, working on the carrier strats while macen makes cranky noises and grabs at his face
    <Vedran> thanks!
    <Vedran> I will try not to gush too much >.>
    <Aleyn> Oh, heh. It's fine, I mean, I'm sure it's hard to avoid :)
    * Vedran chuckles, lifting him out of the carrier finally and lying him down on a blanket
    <Vedran> I try to reign myself in around new people.
    * Aleyn smiles.
    <Vedran> * Macen is dressed in a little elven style robe that probably looks like it costs waaay more than should ever be spent on baby clothes, and is also clearly an elf, and not half-elven like his father
    <Aleyn> I have a lot of younger brothers and sisters, I'm pretty used to babies. Some of them are having babies these days, of course...
    <Aleyn> (aww)
    <Vedran> None for you then?
    <Aleyn> No...
    * Vedran wonders if it is because of the adventuring or Other Reasons,
    <Vedran> Ahh, fair enough.
    * Aleyn seems to be gauging what to say.
    * Vedran smiles again, as though he is willing to let the question drop
    * Aleyn lets it go, then.
    <Vedran> okay, buddy, are we going to be polite for company?
    <Vedran> Here, you can have Mister Ducky.
    * Vedran passes the kid a stuffed duck that looks like it is well loved, and will go about the chainging process
    * Aleyn waits patiently, doesn't seem put off by this.
    <Vedran> There.
    * Vedran gives up on trying to get him back in the carrier for the moment, and just carries him
    <Vedran> Sorry - I don't really get to spend a lot of time with him on our own.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> Monti doesn't seem to mind though, but she has her own.
    <Aleyn> Pretty easy-going little guy, though.
    <Vedran> yeah, we got lucky there - I think he gets it from me :)
    * Aleyn smiles at that.
    <Aleyn> Is he your first, then?
    <Vedran> Right bud? Yeah, we're goinng go have lunch, okay?
    <Vedran> Yes.
    <Aleyn> How do you handle that, when you're adventuring? It must be tough.
    <Aleyn> For you and your wife, I imagine.
    <Aleyn> Or is she another adventurer?
    <Vedran> Oh, no, no no.
    <Vedran> He has a full time nurse...
    <Vedran> well two now, kind of, and some other people to look after him
    <Aleyn> Oh, well, I'm sure that's a big help, then.
    <Vedran> and his mother stays home to manage the household....
    <Vedran> Mmm.
    <Vedran> I feel like ii'm in the way half the time when I *am* home, really
    <Aleyn> :/
    * Vedran says, jokingly... mostly
    <Aleyn> It can be hard on relationships, being gone so much... A lot of people can't handle it.
    <Vedran> yeah.
    <Vedran> I took a lot of time off when he was first born - that's sort of how I wound up with the Thunderbolts
    <Aleyn> Oh?\
    <Vedran> But even lately, I've mostly been sticking with local missions, and such...
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Aleyn> That's good, I'm glad you've been able to do that :)
    <Vedran> yeah...
    <Vedran> I suppose it is convenient.
    <Vedran> They've been gone almost a month now
    <Vedran> Up to Issenvik and Grimfar
    <Vedran> On the one hand, things have been crazy enough at home lately that I'm really glad I've been here to help
    <Vedran> But there is definitely part of me that wishes I could be with them.
    <Aleyn> Yeah...
    * Vedran says as we enter the mess
    <Aleyn> And then when they get back, you have your test coming up?
    <Vedran> Mmhmm...
    <Vedran> that will be.... exciting
    * Aleyn chuckles.\
    <Aleyn> Yeah, I remember being nervous before mine, and that was just within the guild.
    <Vedran> yeah.. and not with half the city watching @_@
    <Aleyn> Maybe I'll go, moral support and stuff ;)
    <Vedran> thanks, the more we get on that front the better
    * Vedran grins
    <Vedran> I'm hoping for a good turn out from the guild in general.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> (err, from the Union, bah)
    <Vedran> everyone wants to see us kick the Guild's ... butt
    <Aleyn> Besides, I'm curious to see what you can do. Your team. Even just being back a short while, I've heard about you.
    * Vedran says, with an eye to Macen who is staring after the Dragonborn woman who just passed by
    <Vedran> yeah... it'll be interesting. We have too many strikers though, and not rnough other roles :p
    <Vedran> (enough)
    <Aleyn> Ah, yeah. That could be difficult.
    <Vedran> we'll figure it out. We have a sliiiight advantage at the moment, because the only stats we have for the Thuderbolts are level four
    <Vedran> so that's all we had to give them
    * Aleyn smiles at that.
    <Vedran> We have promised them the level 5 stuff after the basic tests, but of course we can't get that until after they get back :)
    <Aleyn> Makes sense.
    <Vedran> I managed to convince them that I shoudl wait and test with the others
    <Vedran> it moooostly worked, but they ranked me as a 15 in diplomacy and an 11 in bluff after that :p
    * Aleyn laughs.
    * Vedran grins
    <Aleyn> . o O (Yes, do that more often. Gods @_@)
    * Aleyn busies himself with his food.
    <Vedran> Anyway, it should be a good show.
    <Aleyn> Yeah, I'm sure it will go well. Good luck.
    * Vedran sets Macen on his lap and cuts up some meat for him to kind of eat, kind of play with
    <Vedran> I think we have a good chance, though I am a little worried about Tzesira.
    <Aleyn> Why?
    <Vedran> Well, for one thing, I don't know her really well. Somehow it has always worked out that we've never been on the same mission.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> But she's a real traditionalist Shadar kai, and a devote follower of the Raven Queen
    <Vedran> and the guild is fielding Sahyeh, who'se a Shadar Kai vampire....
    <Aleyn> Oh, so you think she'll have trouble with that?
    <Vedran> ...yeah.
    <Vedran> It would be okay, except it there are other targets that i need her to concentrate on.
    <Vedran> all the ones with high ac and crappy other defenses, basically :D
    <Aleyn> But she doesn't follow directions well? ;)
    <Vedran> I really don't know - that's the thing.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Aleyn> Hopefully she'll do what needs to be done, then.
    <Vedran> Yeah. Well hopefully I can convince her :)
    <Vedran> It is kind of my job @_@
    * Aleyn gives a little laugh.
    * Vedran tries to keep macen from smearing food in his hair
    <Aleyn> What do you do? I'm sure I have it in my notes somewhere, but it's easier just to ask ;)
    * Vedran seems not to be affected by all the food that the kid is dropping on him though - it seems to fal to the floor without leaveing any stains or smears, as if my some kind of magic :V
    <Vedran> Oh, I'm a bard.
    <Aleyn> . o O (Should have figured.)
    <Aleyn> Of course you are :)
    * Vedran grins again
    <Vedran> Its not a hard guess, i don't think
    <Vedran> We have a couple of other leaders in the party, but I don't think Shallahai will be able to make it
    <Vedran> so it will just be me and Roscoe
    * Aleyn nods again.
    <Vedran> he's a great artificer, and pretty much the nicest warforged I've ever dealth with, but not the most... Leader-y of leaders
    * Aleyn chuckles.
    <Aleyn> Yeah, sometimes I think those roles don't always apply, when you get down to it.
    <Vedran> I don't think Mister Ducky wants your carrots, Macen.
    <Vedran> No.
    * Vedran agrees with Aleyn, sort of distractedly
    * Aleyn is consuming considerable amounts of food, for such a skinny guy.
    * Vedran gives a very resigned sigh as Mister Ducky todlles unsteadily on his feet and starts pecking at said carrots, while Macen laughs
    * Aleyn raises an eyebrow at that, smiling.
    <Vedran> Really bud?
    <Aleyn> Precocious.
    <Vedran> you could say @_@
    <Aleyn> I take back what I said earlier about easy - he's probably quite a handful ;)
    <Vedran> Well... this is a recent development. Like I said, I'm really glad I was home for it.
    <Aleyn> Definitely.
    <Vedran> here, I think you're done with lunch, you can have a snack later
    * Vedran sets him on the floor to play with the animated duck
    * Vedran distractedly manages some of his own remaining lunch
    <Vedran> So, what about you?
    <Aleyn> Hm? Me?
    * Vedran asks, smiling again
    <Vedran> YOu said you were an adventurer before - what class?
    <Aleyn> Oh, sorcerer.
    <Vedran> ahh, a fellow arnaist then :)
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> Though I shoudl have guessed that much when you mentioned alchemy.
    <Aleyn> I do some alchemy too, and I tended to be the guy who knew about history and lore and things in our group.
    * Vedran nods
    * Aleyn seems a little wistful maybe, when talking about 'our group.'
    <Vedran> Do you miss it at all?
    <Aleyn> Parts of it.
    * Vedran nods
    <Vedran> more the travellinfg and seeing new places, and less the things trying to kill you?
    <Aleyn> I miss the friendships... I miss the excitement... not so much the mud or the monsters, yeah.
    * Aleyn 's hand strays unconsciously to his scarred wrist, rubbing it.
    <Vedran> What happened to he rest of your party - or is that a bad question.
    * Vedran adds as he notices
    <Aleyn> Oh, no, they're fine, now.
    <Aleyn> Retired, moved on...
    <Aleyn> I've sort of lost track of most of them, to be honest.
    <Vedran> . o O (What happened to *you*?)
    * Vedran nods
    <Vedran> Adventurer's are such a disparate group, really
    <Vedran> I think we're generally hard to keep track of
    <Aleyn> And for most people, it's just a stage, a step to something else. It doesn't often last long.
    <Vedran> I suppose that's what the guilds are for :)
    * Aleyn nods.
    * Vedran nods as well
    <Vedran> exactly
    * Vedran says, maybe sounding a little wistful himself.
    <Aleyn> I suppose I could probably find out where they are now, the ones I don't know where they've gotten to, but it might be sort of ... awkward, I don't know.
    * Aleyn shrugs.
    * Vedran nods
    <Aleyn> I'm sure they all have families and lives and stuff by now ;)
    <Vedran> or maybe they're sitting around considering whether they shoudl come back to GM ;)
    <Vedran> or hey - both :)
    <Aleyn> Heh, maybe.
    <Aleyn> Is that something you're planning on doing? I know you said they were sort of working on you...
    <Vedran> I don't know.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> It's not really a plan, but it may just wind up being the most feasible option.
    <Vedran> I'd rather not retire just byet though
    <Vedran> I've been helping Monti out some with other things though, as I said
    <Aleyn> Yeah, you're still pretty young.... you've got a good few years in you yet, I think :)
    <Vedran> heh, I hope so @_@
    * Aleyn smiles.
    <Aleyn> Not washed up like me ;)
    * Vedran tries not to think about the people who definitely want him dead, and the growing list of people who morobably do, or at least would find it convenient
    * Aleyn jokes.
    <Vedran> Washed up?
    <Vedran> Pfft
    <Vedran> you're not *that* old :p
    <Aleyn> 31's pretty old ^-^
    <Vedran> Well, maybe for an adventurer >.>
    <Aleyn> I was 21 when I started. It feels old.
    <Vedran> wow, yeah... How long have you been out of it?
    <Aleyn> Two, no, closer to three years.
    <Vedran> that's a pretty long career.
    <Vedran> I can imagine how it would get wearying after a while....
    <Aleyn> I guess, yeah. Not everyone goes up as fast as you superstars :)
    <Vedran> heh - That's all on Monti, for the most part... and a couple of lucky breaks.
    <Aleyn> Well, I hope I can learn from her how to help out the teams I'll manage someday.
    <Vedran> She'll steer you right, I'm sure
    * Vedran gives you a thoughtful look
    <Aleyn> ...?
    <Vedran> Oh...
    <Vedran> Sorry, just considering.
    <Aleyn> Consider away :)
    * Vedran grins, and laughs
    <Aleyn> . o O (<3)
    <Vedran> Its just that Monti's had me looking after some new recruits
    <Aleyn> Oh?
    <Vedran> They came out of the Junior Explorers program - I know Kallista is pretty attched to them to
    <Vedran> They're a good bucnh fo kids... well, mostly. Virtria's a little worrying, and Gallway can be a handful, but on the whoile they have it pretty together
    <Vedran> they need a GM.
    <Aleyn> Ohh.
    <Vedran> I was hoping Monti would be able to take them, but I don't know if she'll be too busy to manage them
    <Vedran> so.... :)
    * Aleyn smiles back, looking a bit nervous though.
    <Aleyn> I'm happy to help if I can.
    <Vedran> Well, no pressure, I know this is your first day and all.
    <Vedran> I'll talk to her, and see what you both tink after, you know, you've actualy had a chance to start ;p
    <Aleyn> Sure, thanks.
    * Vedran looks around.
    <Vedran> really I just dont' want them towind uo with Raddek
    <Aleyn> Oh, yeah...
    <Vedran> yeah...
    <Vedran> I know some really good people who are 'managed' by him
    <Vedran> its kind of a waste
    <Vedran> but there are plenty of good GMs around
    <Vedran> just... only one Monti.
    <Vedran> For now ^-^
    * Aleyn looks a bit bashful at that.
    <Aleyn> Well, I don't know if I can be as great as her.
    <Aleyn> I worry that I might have problems with...
    * Aleyn hesitates for a minute, as if choosing his words.
    <Aleyn> Managing my own emotions, I guess. I expect I'll worry a lot about my teams.
    * Vedran is patient, switchign his gaze to keep an eye on macen so you won't feel pressured
    <Vedran> (well more of an eye ;p)
    <Aleyn> If something happened to them, I would feel responsible.
    <Vedran> yeah...
    <Vedran> I can understand that
    <Aleyn> Probably a bit like being a parent, I suppose ;)
    <Vedran> probably a good analogy, yes :)
    <Vedran> I already worry about my team when I'm not with them.
    <Aleyn> Probably as close as I'll ever get, anyway...
    * Aleyn says absently.
    * Aleyn nods.
    <Vedran> . o O (defintely gay)
    * Vedran nods as well
    <Vedran> well if you change your mind, I know a great orpahnage ;p
    * Aleyn chuckles.
    <Vedran> I know the people who run it
    <Vedran> I coudl get you a discount :V
    <Vedran> two for the price of one orphans?
    <Aleyn> Heh.
    <Aleyn> Thanks for the offer :)
    <Aleyn> Probably I'm taking on enough terrifying new responsibilities right now, but maybe someday, I guess, who knows.
    * Vedran chuckles
    <Vedran> that's fair
    <Vedran> I'm sure you'll settle in to it, though
    <Vedran> The GMing, I mean
    <Aleyn> Hopefully.
    * Vedran nods
    <Vedran> speaking of - did you want to check and see if Monti is back?
    <Aleyn> Yeah, that's probably a good idea.
    <Vedran> alright - I
    <Vedran> I'll go bakc with you if you give me a moment to wrangle
    <Aleyn> Of course.
    * Vedran will do so then, packing things up and trying to convince macen to go back in the carrier
    * Vedran winds up with the duck riding his shoulder liek a parrot
    * Aleyn doesn't bother to hide a grin at that.
    <Vedran> (probably lots of 'we're gonna go see Monti! Do you remember Monti, Macen? and then we can stop at the park before we go home, okay?')
    <Aleyn> Thanks for having lunch with me.
    <Vedran> hey, no problem!
    <Aleyn> I feel a bit less nervous now ;)
    <Vedran> Glad to be of service, in that case :)
    <Aleyn> I'll make sure to come to your test, too.
    <Aleyn> In case that helps at all.
    <Vedran> heh - I'd say I'll look for you, but I'm afraid I might be a little overwhelmed @_@
    <Vedran> I do appreciate it though
    <Vedran> the more friendly faces the better
    <Aleyn> Yeah, of course. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.
    * Vedran tries not to seem to anxious about it
    <Vedran> It will be fine.
    <Aleyn> Of course it will.
    <Vedran> what's a little public humiliation, really @_@
    <Aleyn> Hopefully they'll be the ones humiliated :)
    <Vedran> We can hope :)
    <Vedran> ahh, great, it looks liekl her door is open now
    * Aleyn turns to look, reluctantly tearing his eyes off Vedran ;)
    <Aleyn> You go ahead first - I don't mind waiting, you've got Macen to take care of and he's probably a lot less patient than me.
    <Vedran> there's that - it shouldn't take long, anyway
    <Vedran> thanks.
    <Aleyn> you're welcome.
    * Vedran will go an knock on her door then
    <Aleyn> And hey... maybe after your fight, you might want to have a drink sometime?
    * Aleyn adds almost as an afterthought.
    * Vedran looks back and laughs
    <Vedran> I'm sure I'll be needing a lot of them, one way or another :D
    <Aleyn> Ok then :)
    <Vedran> I'll se you around
    <Aleyn> Definitely.
    * Vedran says as he slips in to talk to Monti
    <Aleyn> . o O (Damn.)

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Friends

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 22/09/17, 06:52 am