Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Ahoy 0.1

tuck
    God
    God

Re: Ahoy 0.1

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 11:59 am

"Not exactly", Kallista said, "It was a strange road for me. I never really planned to be an adventurer. Unlike most people I just kind of fell into it. Did you ever consider trying it out? I'm sure if you wanted to we could get you in a druid advancement program."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 12:09 pm

Beryl made an awkward face, thinking.

"Honestly? I don't really feel comfortable with the idea of killing someone. It can get a little philosophical, but, in the end, I have a personal dedication to the preservation of life. All life. I understand and respect what you guys do, but just I don't think I could do that as a job."

She gave Kallista a self-effacing smile.

"Besides, I'm more of a ritualist, not one of those shape-changing, animal summoning types. I don't think enemies would let me call a 'time-out' for ten minutes while I cast something."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 12:23 pm

Kallista laughed.

"I guess not. Sorry, I just always like to plug the Union every chance I get. It's like... the union's been so good to me, you know? Given me a home, a family, a purpose... the least I can do is give a little bit back to it once in a while."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 12:50 pm

"Well, it does seem like a nice place. Vedran's happy with it, and Brenn only hires guards from them now. I guess you guys could say you're on a trial run. Maybe my House can negotiate a more lasting contract."

Beryl shook her head and laughed.

"Ugh, no business talk. They're turning me into one of their bureaucrats. Next thing you know I'll be moving to Highmark."

Sighing, the druid regarded Kallista.

"So, what do you do besides work. Vedran mentioned something about an orphanage?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 02:03 pm

Kallista nodded.

"Yeah, since the tragedy in Highmark we've been trying to help out as best we can. Some of our adventuring proceeds go towards an orphanage in undertow. Some of us help look out for the kids there. A lot of them lost everything they had."

She shrugged.

"I like kids. I helped raise a lot of my half-siblings, so it kinda comes natural to me. I also work with the junior explorers. Other than that I mostly hang out at pubs or go sightseeing in Highmark. There's so much to see there. Even after living there for a year I never get bored of it."

"How about you? What's your idea of a good time?"
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 03:51 pm

"Standard, really. Good company, good drink, preferably an outdoor venue. Honestly, I should find more time to venture out into the Changing Lands. There's some really interesting flora and fauna. Well, interesting when they aren't trying to kill you."

She sighed.

"Other than that, noble or not, I guess I'm a farmer at heart. Tilled earth, dirty hands, all that. Its a good feeling. Especially when I know it means people are getting fed down the line. We've been shipping a lot of food to Highmark, working with Lord Callais and the city governors to distribute it. Though Vedran tells me there's been issues in that regards..."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 04:04 pm

Kallista nodded.

"Some. We still have shortages. Although I don't know much about anything that high level. I'm not exactly privy to the goings on of noble houses."

She smirked.

"And from what I've seen I'm not sure I'd want to be. No offense, but you people have so many rules and restrictions. I'm not sure I'd know how to cough without offending anyone."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 04:09 pm

"Turn left and cover your mouth with your right hand if the person you're speaking to with of the opposite gender. Reverse it for the same, unless you're in mixed company, in which you default to the opposite gender rule."

Beryl maintained a straight face, though she wasn't sure how long she could.

"Unless you're meaning to insult someone, in which case forward and with a closed fist, facing them directly."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 04:45 pm

Kallista cocked her head to the side.

"Dear gods... how do you..." she began, but stopped when she saw Beryl start laughing. Soon she was giggling, too.

"Well played" she said with a grin after they had stopped laughing, "I totaly believed you. Just goes to show how ignorant I can be about that sort of thing."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 06:23 pm

Beryl had to wait until she could catch her breath to respond.

"Honestly, if you don't have to deal with it, 'ignorant' is the way to go. Its a tool, same as anything, but plenty of people take it overboard. Its an art form among my people. Literally."

She shrugged.

"You've never seen Brenn put on the full show? He's remarkably good at working that sort of thing to his advantage. Though I guess being an Aelindar helps."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 06:54 pm

Kallista grinned.

"Well, I've certainly seen him be plenty persuasive when he wants to be, but the only people I tend to see him around are adventurers and crew. Although he did clean up awfully nice for that party in Thantopolis."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 07:23 pm

"I heard about that. You ran into problems with some of the locals or something, right? Thantopolis is supposed to be a dangerous town."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 07:39 pm

Kallista winced slightly at the memory.

"Something like that. Old ghosts coming to call. We made it out okay, though. We always do."

She smiled.

"I'm just sorry the party got interrupted. I really need to take Brenn out on a real date one of these days. Do something fancy. Most of the times I see him we never leave his cabin."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 07:54 pm

"Well, I'm sure that's plenty enjoyable itself."

Beryl grinned.

"Music; Brenn's a sucker for good music. He had the biggest crush on Ms. Falrin when we were teenagers, and only half of it was her looks."

She gave Kallista a wink.

"So try a concert, or, better, a club. He's a pretty good dancer, though you've established that you're familiar with his moves."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 08:02 pm

Kallista grimaced slightly.

"Eep! Dance? I've never danced in my life. I'd trip over my feet AND his."

She put a finger to her lips in thought.

"Hmmm... I bet Dheni knows how to dance. Or maybe Vedran. Maybe I can finegle some lessons out of them."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 06/04/12, 08:21 pm

"Well, there's no time like the present and there's Sir Dhenirigan now."

Beryl pointed to the end of the deck where Dheni was going through some sword exercises.

"I'm sure he'll be happy to help."

Beryl offered her arm to the rogue, smiling.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 06/04/12, 09:01 pm

Kallista smiled and put her hand on Beryl's arm.

"Thank you." she said, genuinely, "For the leaves and the conversation."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 22/09/17, 07:12 pm