Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Ahoy

tuck
    God
    God

Ahoy

Post by tuck on 09/03/12, 11:54 am

Kallista breathed deep on the bow of the ship, smelling the fresh salt air. The breeze was crisp and cold out of the east, and the ship was making good time. The ginger root that one of the crew had given her earlier in the day had done wonders for what was left of her sea-sickness and for the first time in over a week she was actually starting to enjoy herself. She felt like being social, after having been cooped up in her cabin, but at the moment her friends all seemed busy. Dheni and Del were off training, Warryn and Roscoe were below decks somewhere, probably brooding and reading, respectively. And Tzesira... she was occupied on the other ship, for the time being.

She spied Beryl speaking briefly to the helmsman and smiled. She hadn't really had much of a chance to speak to her, despite their close proximity on the ship. With a slight bounce in her step she ambled over towards the dwarf, intercepting her as she left the stern of the ship.

"Ahoy there!" she said with a grin.
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Ahoy

Post by Josh on 09/03/12, 02:18 pm

Beryl nodded as Gurdis confirmed their timeline; two more days and they'd be in port, which couldn't come soon enough for Beryl. She was trying to keep up appearances, but capture by the pirates had badly shaken her. She'd dealt with bandits and the like before, but time in the Shadowfell amplified the experience in her mind.

The dwarf smiled broadly as Kallista interrupted her walk back to her cabin. She could definitely see what Brenn saw in the rogue; aside from being attractive, she had a bright personality that made a good corollary to her friend's.

"Ahoy yourself, sunshine. Feeling better?"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 09/03/12, 03:08 pm

Kallista grinned.

"Well enough, although I still think I'll keep my feet on solid airship from now on. How are you feeling? I never got a chance to ask if you were okay after getting captured."
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Josh on 20/03/12, 08:29 pm

A great many answers flew threw Beryl's mind, but she decided to downplay the fear which still invaded her dreams.

"Well enough, I suppose. Its always a danger, as much as I travel, though this is the first time I've ever actually been captured. Hopefully also the last. Shame I don't have enough money to put some fine adventurers like you on permanent retainer."

She smiled for a moment before a look of concern crossed her face.

"What about you? You seemed out of sorts, even beyond the seasickness."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 20/03/12, 08:40 pm

Kallista smiled warmly.

"Heh... some 'Fine adventurers' we turned out to be. Getting captured right off the bat."

She sighed and slumped slightly.

"I still feel kinda bad about that. Maybe if T and I hadn't jumped the gun and bolted onto the other ship... well... at least we got out of there, right?"

Despite trying to sound upbeat, her eyes were filled with regret and a hint of sadness.

"I'm okay. I'm just still a bit off. The shadowfells got into my head back there. I never knew how bad it really was. I kinda hope I don't ever have to go back."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/07/17, 09:43 pm