Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World


    Filling in the details

    Share
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 09/11/11, 07:05 pm

    After sharing the initial joy and relief of seeing the lost trio returned to the Highwind, and passing further thanks to the Explorers for their help and complicity, Brenn left Yarr in charge of seeing the ship ready to come off.

    Vedran, forgoing greater subtlety, caught the captain as well as Thruick and Alia in a somewhat conspiratorial glance. "I believe some explanations were promised," he began, "And I know *I* could use a drink."
    avatar
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1338
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by Josh on 09/11/11, 07:29 pm

    Thruik sighed wearily. "I think we could all do with some fortification, Ved, thanks."

    "Certainly sounds like a plan to me," Alia agreed. She favored the Highwind's captain with a wink. "I'm sure Ale-indar over there has some good stuff stashed aside."

    Grinning, Brenn nodded towards his cabin. "Oh, I think I've got just the thing. The Thantopolitan vintners' aptitude for their craft proved inversely proportional to their truly lacking commercial sense."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 09/11/11, 07:42 pm

    Vedran raised his eyebrows, returning the grin. "Well that's good news! Not something to advertise at the markets, maybe, but it sounds like more serendipity for the Highwind." he considered adding a crack about 'the wines of the dead', but considering the conversation that lay before them, thought better of it. "After you then - I'm all for the good stuff."
    avatar
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1338
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by Josh on 10/11/11, 07:02 pm

    Brenn happily lead the group into his cabin, giving Alia a mocking bow as she passed, then making his way to his liquor cabinet.

    Thruik settled lightly in one of Brenn's overstuffed chairs, the mopey expression he'd had on the walk to the ship back in place.

    "So, Cael actually died? Dead, raised, recovered?"
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 08:45 pm

    Vedran pulled over the desk chair, turning it around so that he could lean against the back of it as he sat.

    "Lets focus on the 'recovered', shall we? You did a good job making sure at least one of you got clear of that stasis field, or we might not have seen any of you again."
    avatar
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1338
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by Josh on 11/11/11, 12:16 am

    Alia threw a leg over one of Brenn simpler chairs, folding her arms over the back.

    "That was all Thorn. She shoved him out of the way when that weird box started glowing. She's taken a real shine to the kid, more than she has any of the rest of us. Weird lady."

    Brenn busied himself with pouring drinks, passing them out as each measure was finished.

    "Well, like Ved said, at least we got word. Sort of. Cael is...well, his family certainly isn't happy. And Cael's scared enough he didn't even buck them and come along. Which is probably better for the moment."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 11/11/11, 01:22 am

    He took the drink, nodding to Brenn. "Better for this matter anyway." He sipped the wine, taking a perfunctory moment to savour the complex bouquet before taking another larger drink. "Cael will be okay." He hoped it was true - that his family wouldn't be able to just settle him off somewhere after this and keep him quietly subdued and suppressed.
    avatar
    Josh
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 1338
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by Josh on 11/11/11, 11:36 am

    Thruik regarded Vedran carefully, taking a long swig of his drink.

    "You don't seem entirely convinced of that. Is there more?
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 11/11/11, 12:10 pm

    He sighed, glancing down at his wine and then back over to the orc. "I think his family are hoping they can use this to pressure him to focus on ...fulfilling other obligations."
    avatar
    elanya
    God
    God

    Posts : 2460
    Join date : 2010-03-05

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by elanya on 17/11/11, 09:22 pm

    [skype log @_@ - Br = Brenn, Al = Alia, Th = Thruik]

    *A collective wince goes through Vedran's three companions*
    Al: Is Scrye in a position where they need a specific alliance, or are they just hoping to tie him down?

    Vedran: (and I don't know if vedran would have any idea :V)
    GMJosh: (Its okay if he doesn't. I don't think they have anything specific in mind)
    GMJosh: (It just seems like the kind of question these folks would ask.)
    Vedran: ('k)
    Vedran: (indeed!)
    Vedran: * Vedran shakes his head and half shrugs
    Vedran: I don't know - it possible, I suppose, but I think if they needed an alliance we would have heard something before now.
    GMJosh: Br: I don't think they have anyone in mind yet, but you know how Cael gets. Once you're all back, he can stop worrying about you and go on to imagining his horrible future.
    GMJosh: *Alia smirks, while Thruik frowns over his mug*
    eather Hatch: It is unlikely to be that bad -_-
    GMJosh: Th: I suppose you've got more experience there. Though you had a bit of an advantage over Cael, all things considered.
    Vedran: *shrugs*
    Vedran: *takes a drink of his wine*
    GMJosh: Br: Well, maybe it'll be good. Its possible they'll find him a nice, open-minded girl, then thay can share.
    GMJosh: *grins*
    Vedran: or at least one who will look the other way.
    Vedran: Vedran grins back
    Vedran: But really - he's in a better position than me for *that*, anyway - they're not going to have to worry about him starting any new inconvenient family lines. So it will depend on the match.
    GMJosh: Th: Well, Bremorel's always had a thing for him.
    Al: Bremorel has a thing for House Scrye's money. Cael's just the closest to her age.
    Br: Wouldn't that be better? At least then he has a negotiating position.
    Vedran: Mmmm... sort of.
    Vedran: She's the type that might like to hold things over his head to get *at* more of that House Scrye money
    Vedran: And that is not what he needs
    GMJosh: *Brenn draws a sharp breath reconsidering*
    GMJosh: Br:Fair point. But someone higher up would have just as much hold on him, don't you think?
    Vedran: that depends on whether or not they have their own interests to pursue
    Vedran: There's... oh, what's her name.... Lizsara? But I don't know if she is high class enough?
    Vedran: She has an uncle that married for love or something, and they're probably socially ruined :p
    GMJosh: *Alia scoffs facetiously*
    Al: The scandal!
    *She takes a drink, considering*
    Al: That might do, though can the lofty Scrye's stoop so low? (voice saturated with sarcasm)
    Vedran: Well, maygbe theyb can be convinced, if Cael likes the idea enough
    GMJosh: Br: Oddly, this little debacle may work in his favor in that regard. They might just want to get him settled away.
    Vedran: There is that.
    GMJosh: Th: Splendid. |-(

    Sponsored content

    Re: Filling in the details

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 24/09/17, 03:32 am