Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

A Perfect Dismount

elanya
    God
    God

Re: A Perfect Dismount

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 08:04 am

He grinned back, and shrugged. "It's not *that* simple - running an airship is a lot of work. And there's feweer random encounters, but they're out there, and they're nasty. Mostly large, territorial flying creatures... You don't get them as much on highly traveled routes, but with the shifting, sometimes they pop up even in Nerath. It's definitely the fastest way to see the world, though, and you can't beat the view... But I am curious about Bael Hexott, if you-re willing to talk about it. I'd never even heard about it before."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 12:36 pm

Kallista shrugged. When she spoke, her voice was somewhat quieter and more reserved, as though she was willing to talk, but still not comfortable with it.

"Most people haven't. The Cult prefers it that way. It's really just an old ruined fortress that they keep protected and hidden through sacrifices and dark magic. The cult is basically a group of zealots who want to cleanse the planet in fire. I used to think that sort of thing was normal. Most people laugh when I say it, but I think that if not for Avandra's help I'd still be there."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 01:25 pm

He smiled kindly. "She's kept me out of more trouble that I can remember, I'm sure. If she's looking out for you, you're in good hands."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 01:58 pm

Kallista smiled.

"She looks out for her own, that's for sure. When I was a kid they used to give us lessons in "Theology", which looking back was basically just indoctrination. They had a whole library, but we were only allowed to read certain books. Mostly the ones about Kossuth and Asmodeus and that sort of thing. Then one day I was playing in an older part of the catacombs that looked like no one had been there in centuries and I came across this book without a speck of dust on it. Like someone had put it there for me. It was about Avandra and her followers and it had maps of the Confederacy and the cities... It was like a whole new world had opened up to me. That was the beginning of the end of my time there. To this day I still think that she put it there for me to find."

She laughed, realizing how she had been rambling on.

"Sorry, I talk to much sometimes. To be honest, though, I don't think I've ever told anyone about that before."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 02:58 pm

"Well, they say the gods work in mysterious ways. Not necessarily subtle, but mysterious nonetheless! And you're in fine company to be worrying about talking too much. Its practically my job to ramble." He grinned again. "It sounds like you're doing pretty well for yourself now, and as we were just saying, there's still a big wide world out there to explore."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 03:17 pm

"Yeah, there is." Kallista said with a smile, "And I have some great friends to explore it with. I feel really lucky and grateful to be where I am. I don't know why Avandra chose me, but if she hadn't, I'd probably be just as horrible as the rest of my family."

She shivered slightly, remembering the last time she had seen her father and mother.

"It still worries me that we saw those cultists in Thanatopolis, though. I wish I knew what they were doing there.And now my father knows that I was there. And that I'm with the Explorer's Union. If I know him, it isn't over. Not by a long shot."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 03:26 pm

"Well, Thanatopolois is a pretty heavily divided city - there's a lot of factions fighting for scraps of power, and lots of room for others to try and gain a foothold. There's enough fighting that the people who live there don't always care, as far as I can tell, and they'll look the other way at things that would have all the guards in the city come running in in a place like Highmark. For a cult that thrives on chaos it would be a good place to hide, and to make contacts. As far as you're concerned though - its hard to track down individual Explorers, especially when you don't know in advance where you might be in the next week, and for how long. It would be a lot harder for them to act in Highmark, too."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 04:24 pm

"Yeah..." Kallista sighed, "I supposed there's no point in dwelling on it. There's not a whole lot I can do about it right now."

She glanced down at Vedran's ankle.

"How's your leg feeling?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 04:47 pm

"Oh!" He wiggled it, grinning. "All better now, thank you."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 05:10 pm

"Good" Kallista beamed, "I was afraid I had hurt more than your pride. Still, at least now you can never say I didn't sweep you off your feet."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 08:47 pm

"Oh, my pride's probably tougher than my person, at this point." He grinned more broadly. "And if you call that 'sweeping', I hope you never try to find work as a maid."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 09:13 pm

"A maid?" Kallista laughed, "I can't even clean up my own messes, much less other people's."

"Although..." she added whistfully, "I bet I'd look good in the outfit."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 10/11/11, 09:22 pm

"No doubt! I suspect they could have you in an onion sack and you'd still turn heads."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 10/11/11, 10:49 pm

Kallista beamed.

"Aw, that's sweet." she said, patting Vedran's hand, "It really is too bad about that mahogomy thing you guys have."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 11/11/11, 12:29 am

He laughed again. "Monogamy. And as irksome as it seems, I'm sure it serves its purpose. But come on-" he offered her his arm as he straightened himself. "I believe lunch will be served shortly, and with the crew in high spirits its likely to be something good."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 11/11/11, 10:25 am

Kallista laughed and took his arm graciously, careful not to lean on him in case his ankle wasn't quite as healed as he claimed.

"Why thank you, good sir. I could use a drink and a hot meal. And meanwhile, you can tell me all about your other adventures."

She squeezed his arm lightly and winked at him as they headed off towards the galley.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/11/17, 01:52 am