Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Catching up

Zari
    God
    God

Re: Catching up

Post by Zari on 14/10/11, 01:08 am

Roscoe pointed back at his cabin. "I can show you the diagrams I drew, if that would help any. Really, that's how Dheni explained it to me! He also said something about birds and bees, but I'm really not clear on that part, and I think it might be more metaphorical than factual."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 14/10/11, 01:14 am

Delona barely had time to murmur "More or less" to Shallahai before Roscoe made her horror complete.

"Merciful gods in Heaven, please no diagrams," she whimpered, driving the heels of her palms into her closed eyes, "please please pleeeeease no diagrams! There is not enough alcohol in the world for this conversation if diagrams are involved!"
    Zari
    God
    God

Post by Zari on 14/10/11, 01:45 am

Roscoe cocked his head. "I don't really see how alcohol would help, but okay. Anyway, I have to get going," he gestured to the game board, "Brenn and I have a rematch to get to!"
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/10/11, 07:24 am

Kallista had cocked her head to the side in fascination during Roscoe's explanation, to shocked by his outpouring of information to say anything.

"Dear gods..." she muttered, "Unfortunately I think that's actually mostly accurate."

"But there's more to it than that", she said to the shocked Wilden, "I mean, it's not all about reproduction. Parts of it are just plain fun...."

She paused for a moment and bit her lip.

"Although maybe I shouldn't really say anything. I mean ten minutes ago I thought I knew everything about sex. Now I'm not so sure."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 09:30 am

Vedran couldn't help but listen to Roscoe's explanation with a mixture of horrified amusement, so that the chuckle only caught up a few moments later.

"Wow, Roscoe. That was.. well, yes, *technically* accurate I suppose, while conveying absolutely nothing of the real experience. Its like... wow, I don't even know - explaining planting and harvesting as forcing plants to reproduce, then stealing their sexual organs for consumption. It might be true but that's.... really not how most people experience it."

He looked over at Kallista and grins. "And you're right about the fun part, no worries there."

And back to Shallahai. "Have you really never seen animals, like Roscoe's wharf dogs, or horses, or anything, have sex? Humans, Elves, goblinoids... the practicalities are the same, just with more.... culture. People do it for all kinds of reasons, though - some of them good, some of them bad."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/10/11, 09:52 am

Kallista glanced at Vedran when he made his last statement. His last remark had struck a little too close to home. A shudder ran up her spine. She said nothing, but could feel a sense of shame and nausea rising up in her stomach.

Best to push those thoughts out of her head, she decided. That life was gone now, and she wasn't going back.
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 11:25 am

She nods slowly. "We suppose this makes sense. All the same, we are very glad to be Wilden. Our way seems much more sensible."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 11:36 am

Vedran nodded, glancing around at the others first and hoping most were over their earlier embarrassment. "Okay - I'll bite then - what is it like for Wilden?"
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 12:01 pm

Shallahai smiles wryly. "Once every couple of months we grow seeds." She motions to the spiky growth at the top of her head. "If we wish to have a child, we have a partner pollinate us sometime in the interim-it works much the same as flowers, if you are familiar with the process, though obviously we're not dependent on bees or anything-and we plant the seed in the temple grounds, in the faewild. The area is kept stable by the child until it sprouts. The whole affair is more religious than physical."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/10/11, 12:18 pm

Kallista raised an eyebrow.

"That... doesn't sound like much fun at all. Do you guys even have orgasms?" she asked, without even a hint of self-consciousness.
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 12:20 pm

"What is an orgasm?" Shalla replies, confused.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 12:21 pm

"Heh. That's where the pleasure part of it comes in."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/10/11, 12:29 pm

Kallista looked aghast.

"Oh god, I am SO sorry, honey." she said, "But I'm not sure I could explain without showing you, and from the sound of things... you're kinda ill-equipped. Let's just say it's one of life's few real pleasures."
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 12:45 pm

She laughs. "Kallista, we thank you for your concern, but if it means we go without expelling half-rotted things from between our legs or having parts of us grow and shrink, we are quite happy without knowing, then."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 12:47 pm

Vedran made a horrified face.

"Half-rotted? No one said anything about that!"
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 12:57 pm

"Half rotted, about to rot, either way, we find it rather disturbing." She makes a face. "Our apologies, that was rather rude, but it just seems...unpleasant."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 14/10/11, 02:32 pm

Kallista shook her head slowly.

"I still can't get over the whole no-orgasm thing. That's like... I don't know... not being able to drink. Or eat chocolate."

She shrugged.

"And yeah, from what I've seen, childbirth is a pretty unpleasant experience. Lots of blood and fluids and slippery things going everywhere. I love kids, but even I'm not looking forward to that ordeal. Actually making the kids, on the other hand, is all kinds of fun."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 08:36 pm

"Yeah..." Vedran trailed off, not sure he wanted to contribute much more to that line of conversation. "So, Shalahai, please tell me if I'm being rude, but something you said earlier confused me. Can a Wilden be fertilized by any other Wilden? In theory, I mean - I'm sure there is some matter of personal selection involved."
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 10:15 pm

She shrugs at Kallista. "And we can't get over the fact that you carry children inside you..."

She nods at Vedran. "Of course. Our partner and ourself made Em, but beyond personal choice it doesn't matter. Why, does it matter for you?" She blinks.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 14/10/11, 10:19 pm

"Yes, it does. It takes a man and a woman, and only the woman can carry a child. Do Wilden not have men and women then? or is it defined some other way?"

Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 14/10/11, 11:29 pm

"Mammals are strange..." She frowns. "We have men and women but that has nothing to do with creating children. We are a woman. Mai is a woman. Em is a woman. But that is our choice. We could just as easily all be men."

Last edited by Queenofinsanity6 on 15/10/11, 01:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 15/10/11, 12:07 pm

"Wow" Kallista said, looking impressed, "That must be nice."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/11/17, 07:52 pm