Dedicated to the weekly college station 4th edition D&D game Adventure World

Catching up

elanya
    God
    God

Re: Catching up

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 01:54 pm

At that Vedran laughed, smiling at her unsubtle flirting. "Well! I'd be flattered, but Brenn tells me you have no standards." He winked back, grinning at the Tiefling. "Not in so many words of course."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/10/11, 02:05 pm

Kallista's smile faltered for a second, but she quickly recovered.

"Tell you what..." she said, putting one hand on his arm, "Come by bunk tonight and I'll show you exactly what my standards are. First hand."
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 12/10/11, 02:34 pm

Shalla glances between the two with an amused smile. "Should we leave to allow the flirting to commence? We are never sure how to treat these situations..."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 02:38 pm

Vedran gave the ladies an apologetic and somewhat wistful smile, but wondered if he might have been too crass. "No, no, I think we're fine. As it it, I am unfortunately going to have to decline your *very* generous offer, Miss Sinsinger - I'm afraid my wife would make me suffer in ways you cannot possibly imagine."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/10/11, 02:41 pm

Kallista cocked her head slightly and raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?" she asked, "Why would she do that?"
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 12/10/11, 02:52 pm

Shalla nods. "Much like our own partner then." She says with a small smile. "Kallista I believe it is a cultural variance that some races, such as ours and Vedran's prefer to stay strictly loyal once partnered. Especially as from what we have observed Vedran's is monogamous. We believe this is what he is referencing?"

Last edited by Queenofinsanity6 on 12/10/11, 05:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/10/11, 02:53 pm

Kallista looked back and forth between Vedran and Shallahai, a nonplussed expression on her face.

"Monowhat now?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 04:59 pm

He chuckled again. "Monogamous - one partner. Marriage ...at least for my peoples, anyway, is meant as a commitment to one person, and to break that commitment is a mark of great dishonour for both."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/10/11, 05:04 pm

Kallista stared at Vedran for a short time, her eyebrow arched in disbelief.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Why would anyone do that to themselves?" she asked eventually.
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 05:16 pm

Vedran couldn't suppress a bemused grin - he could certainly see where the Tiefling was coming from, but was less sure it would be in his best interest to admit it. "In my case it was a political arrangement." He inclined his head to Shallahai, not at all familiar with her own situation or her people's customs. "But reasons vary."
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 12/10/11, 11:20 pm

Her eyes go wide. "You married for politics? We... have never heard of such a thing. Is this common, for you?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 11:28 pm

Vedran shrugged - he was more comfortable talking about it in a general sense, at least, and chose to interpret the Wilden's comment as such. "It's quite common in the upper classes. There's a lot of things for family to consider when arranging such matters."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 12/10/11, 11:41 pm

Kallista shook her head slowly.

"So, wait... you guys don't sleep with ANYONE you're not married to? I mean... the political marriage thing I get. But what does sex have to do with it? Is this a thing that everyone does?"

She cocked her head to the side as though a thought had just occurred to her.

"Doesn't that get old after a while?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 12/10/11, 11:54 pm

He smiled again, considering his response as he looked back out over the wildlands passing below. It was strange - the line of questioning was rapidly approaching rather personally awkward territory, but their ignorance of conventions he'd become so entrenched in was refreshing. As for the details of his lovelife, he was happy enough for them to remain ignorant on the matter.

"You just have to be creative," he smiled slyly to Kallista, before turning somewhat more serious again. "But it is all about the children - about continuing family lines, inheritance, consolidating power, money, estates, dragonmarks..." He shrugged again. "I can't claim to understand all the details myself. I just try to honour the arrangement as best I can."

Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 12/10/11, 11:55 pm

She nods slowly. "So are all of your kind monogamous as well? Among Wilden a marriage of less than three is very strange. Our marriage is considered exceptional in that regard."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/10/11, 12:17 am

"Yeah, Kallista said, "In Bael Hexott your number of spouses was a sign of social power. And even those with lots of husbands or wives had consorts and daliances."
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/10/11, 07:12 am

Vedran laughed again, shaking his head, trying to imagine having to deal with another wife as well as Jacinthe. "I don't know, ladies - one is enough for me."
    It seemed the safest answer.
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/10/11, 08:31 am

Kallista sighed.

"Soooooooo... no sex, then?"
    elanya
    God
    God

Post by elanya on 13/10/11, 08:41 am

Vedran sighed, perhaps a tad wistfully, trying not to think too hard about just what he was missing out on. "Not with me, I'm afraid."
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 13/10/11, 12:36 pm

Shalla laughs brightly. "Kallista, we are pretty sure there are plenty of men and women aboard who would be glad to indulge in the physical pleasure you are seeking."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/10/11, 12:42 pm

Kallista turned to Shallahai looking even more confused than she had been.

"What? Why would I do that? I barely know them." she asked.

She shook her head and groaned in frustration.

"Are you people just fucking with me now?"
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 13/10/11, 12:48 pm

"What are we fucking with Kay about?"

Delona climbed down out of the rigging, unable to resist joining her comrades. It had been entirely too long since she'd seen such a level of confusion on Kallista's face and the conversations that arose from such circumstances were always amusing.
    Queenofinsanity6
    God
    God

Post by Queenofinsanity6 on 13/10/11, 12:50 pm

"Sex, we believe." She replies with a nod at Delona. "Apparently there is a greater variance in the mating practices of your cultures than we previously believed? We hope we did not offend..."
    tuck
    God
    God

Post by tuck on 13/10/11, 12:55 pm

"I'll say." Kallista said with a frown, "Apparently Vedran has this weird hangup about sleeping with me. To be honest, the whole thing is kinda confusing. I didn't realize there were like... rules to this kind of thing."
    Kitrazzle
    Demigod
    Demigod

Post by Kitrazzle on 13/10/11, 01:22 pm

Wait, what? This was what had Kallista confused? Delona stared for a moment before breaking into a chuckle. "Well of course he won't, he's a married elf! There's more rules to this sort of thing then you could shake a stick at, and a lot of them are contradictory. That's what happens when you've got a lot of cultures in close proximity," she nodded towards Shallahai, addressing her more intellectual concern, "individuals start adopting other practices they like better and making everything even more confusing then it already was. A good rule of thumb, Kay, would be to let the married person make the first move; some people are sexually monogamous and some aren't, so that'll cut down on the risk of them or their partner from getting offended."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24/07/17, 11:37 am